chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If they go back to modern, please add color for the love of god. I don't think I think I can take another Battlefield with green and blue tints

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Meh.
To me battlefield is dead.
Died right after BC2 and BF3.
Bring back the the vision of BF2 and 2142 for 2020. Desert combat for the win.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, don't you want to be play this mode again? World needs a sequel. Or a remake, either one would do. But mostly sequel.

The world needs Battlefield 2143 made by Respawn, because DICE is in a dire place right now.

BF6 being a mash up of BF3/4/BC2 is to be expected. They need to stay in their wheelhouse and absolutely kill it, because BFV was a joke that nearly killed the franchise. Modern Warfare is out here running up the score.

Jul 4, 2018
You just heard the Battlefield 3 teaser noise in your head.

You know the one.

The one thats just static noise that goes DSSSNT DSNNT DSSSSSNT DSNT, but ever so slightly melodically.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Modern/near-future is so fucking played out and boring at this point. Give me Korea, late 60s/70s alt-history Cold War Gone Hot, or hell I'd even take Desert Storm era over Modern/Near-Future again.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If BF6 is a sequel to BF4, I think it will be modern but leaning even more futuristic than BF4. Basically a BF2142 prequel to prepare us for BF2143. Or at least that's what I want to believe.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i'm hopeful but if they can't even put a team balancer in BFV then it is gonna be a shitshow again and put it on steam to have more player or cross play with origin.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I also hope its a cold war 80s/90s game. The technology is all there, and they can bend the rules if they need to. Modern is still too sterile, but the 80s/90s just has that uniqueness to it

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Eh 3 was not great especially after 2 but will still take it as it is closer than the more recent entries. Look forward to seeing it regardless when the time comes.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Goooooood.

I hope they keep it simple. Maps dedicated for Rush and Conquest, certain player counts, etc.

I also hope they take their time and really think through their post launch content plans. So much about BFV just seemed rushed.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
BFV's WW2 setting was the most bore inducing decision for the franchise. Developing fake red dot sights for WW1 era guns in BF1 because iron sights suck should've been enough to clue them into getting out of that era. Then they doubled up with BFV...

Leave that shit behind. Then CoD goes and eats BF's lunch with its battle royal mode with parachutes and helicopters and vehicles. BF had the whole template for a fantastic BR in the bag and they squandered all of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, I find it hard to even get excited about Battlefield anymore. While maybe a bit boring, the WWII setting of BFV was far from it's biggest issue.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Never. Bad Company was a neutered Battlefield to work on underpowered consoles. BF is never going back to low player counts and tiny, terrible conquest maps.
Bad Company was Rush anyway.

After playing BC2 for so long and going to BF3, Conquest was alright but the Rush game play in BC2 felt tighter to me.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The world needs Battlefield 2143 made by Respawn, because DICE is in a dire place right now.

BF6 being a mash up of BF3/4/BC2 is to be expected. They need to stay in their wheelhouse and absolutely kill it, because BFV was a joke that nearly killed the franchise. Modern Warfare is out here running up the score.
The weapon mechanics in MW still don't even match up to BF3, let alone V. It's a fun game but it's been 13 years and it's still laser tag. Although I think V misstepped when they nerfed suppression into the ground.

All 6 really needs is better maps, more toys and more spectacle.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
BFV's WW2 setting was the most bore inducing decision for the franchise. Developing fake red dot sights for WW1 era guns in BF1 because iron sights suck should've been enough to clue them into getting out of that era. Then they doubled up with BFV...

Leave that shit behind. Then CoD goes and eats BF's lunch with its battle royal mode with parachutes and helicopters and vehicles. BF had the whole template for a fantastic BR in the bag and they squandered all of it.

It really is crazy how much Warzone nailed the BF formula. This entire era of BF V has been a mess. And I love the franchise.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm ready.

I have yet to play Battlefield 4. Makes me wonder if the playerbase on PC is still alive

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
I really enjoyed battlefield 4, so going back to modern sounds great to me. I'm happy to know they're taking some time off between games, I expect it to be absolutely gorgeous when we finally see it. Always exciting every new gen to see how much better games like BF, sports games, etc will look.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to see a late 80s cold war era BF game
That what I was actually hoping for with Modern Warfare, I was hoping it would be a 1987-1995 era prequel to Call of Duty 4

Im kinda tired of digital and multicamo, ACR/SCARS, etc...
give me American soldiers like
BDUs-forest.jpg

US_C141_Grenada.JPG

Green tanks, green humvees before everything went tan.

Guns before they had all the fancy rails and stuff for accessories
BHD003.jpg

1985-2000 is a pretty interesting time, it isn't too outdated but has an interesting aesthetic itself that hasn't been done well in video games and isn't the common contemporary modern.

Last edited:

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Bad Company was Rush anyway.

After playing BC2 for so long and going to BF3, Conquest was alright but the Rush game play in BC2 felt tighter to me.
I feel the same way. I think the magic of Bad Company 2 was the strong focus on Rush. Battlefield 3, 4, V, & 1 all put Conquest first making Rush not feel that great. Operations in the BF1 & BFV was the closest they got to recapturing that magic for me.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
About time but theres so much more they need to do, more consistent and quality content (bring back Premium even) and cut down on game modes. Focus on quality. BF 4 is the best Battlefield I've played yet.

Inside

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Please be 80/90s gulf war setting.

I want the same feeling as when playing DC mod for battlefield in the oooold days

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Yes!
BF3 and 4 (especially 3 for me personally) were peak Battlefield MP.

Their soundtrack, trailers and marketing materials are also some of the best I ever heard / seen:

Damn, I even did a personal BF3 X360 montage with a crappy screen recorder back then:

lol

I really hope BF6 will reboot those in some way, with a totally brand new next-gen engine.
I really can't wait!