Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Urgh. Give us a Battlefield 2142 sequel, you absolute cowards.
The cycle of FPS eras has not circled back around to the part where sci fi shooters are innovative and a refreshing change from modern warfare. We know how it goes
WW2----->MW----Scifi-----WW2

Honesty BF4 was close to perfect.

I'd do anything for an X/Pro patch and or a PS5/Series X patch.

I have it on PC but none of my people play there.
True, the gameplay loop of the newer BF games haven't hooked me quite as effectively as BF4. I played that game for years. Never once caring about unlocks or anything like that it was just a fun ass game.

Last edited:

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Out of curiosity small informal poll.

If you feel gunplay BFV is amazeballs what is your control method / platform of choice?

I do appreciate that they did got rid all of random deviation from all bullet pathing RNG, but rifles (AR or otherwise) are way, way too stable and accurate. They are literal laser beamers when controlled with mouse, it makes gunplay very boring in long run.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope they bring the focus back to Class and Squad play in new BF. DICE spent a bit too much time chasing CoD and the Lone Wolf mentality started to take over.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't give a fucking shit what time it comes out (though, going back to sci-fi to mix it up would be fun), but I do fucking care about getting the whole package.

DICE, for the love of fucking god, do everything in your power to only let the game come out when it's truly done. Do not make promises you'll never be able to keep for day 1. If you say it will have this, fucking making sure it's day 1. Make sure the support is there and of course, keep making the DLC free.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
I would like 2001 to 2005 setting for modern, but will be nice to see what 2020 technology looks like, dont follow the world military equipments.
I would also like less stupid equipment unlocks, let some options be default like smoke on vehicles, no extra armour or regen speed ect... Keep it simple.

I want bfbc1/2 I guess haha

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Agree on that lol.

I have never seen someone state the 'why' other than it's just how they feel.

I think MP games exploit people's brains these days with the added idea of 'progression', but to me is more like monotonous grind. 100 guns? Why? 100 attachments? Why? Why did BFV even need Holo sights on ww2 guns?

What if a shooter game only had 5 guns per side, or only a couple per 'class' in BF terms. As long as the game mechanics are good and you feel immersed, then that should be enough. That's why BF2 was damn fun back in the day. More emphasis on skins and aesthetics can help with people s need to look 'unique'.
I think I laid out the "why" pretty explicitly, and I'm not sure what about a modern setting would preclude a smaller selection of guns or attachments.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

@01:01:23

Looks like WW2 to me. Could be just some tech demo but I really would prefer a modern setting.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Looks like WW2 to me. Could be just some tech demo but I really would prefer a modern setting.

Yeah, those are gray blocked WW2 era Japanese soldiers.

Same time it would be so DICE to use assets during development that never ship. We may even end up finding these assets in BF6 files through data mining.

That was impressive face and animation rig tho.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
hardline 2, baby!
😬

giphy.gif

romey

Mar 2, 2020
I'm excited. Modern day and the Battlefield franchise is where it's at. I sunk some unhealthy hours into 4.

Last edited:

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Out of curiosity small informal poll.

If you feel gunplay BFV is amazeballs what is your control method / platform of choice?

I do appreciate that they did got rid all of random deviation from all bullet pathing RNG, but rifles (AR or otherwise) are way, way too stable and accurate. They are literal laser beamers when controlled with mouse, it makes gunplay very boring in long run.
PC. If you think it's too easy then try picking up a bolt rifle.

Or if you think it's too easy and you enjoy trolling then try picking up an AT rifle.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I swear I saw WWII era wooden rifles in that little render but that could have just been placeholder. I'm absolutely not down for another WWII game, though. They had their chance and they shit the bed.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
PC. If you think it's too easy then try picking up a bolt rifle.

Or if you think it's too easy and you enjoy trolling then try picking up an AT rifle.

Bolts are plenty fun, some are more spammy than others. There is reason why K98 is rare sight where stuff like SMLE are common.

AT Rifle at AI Rifle is just memery, true.

Jan 4, 2018
Those soldiers in the tech demo gave me hope of a next-gen Battlefield 1944 that would redeem DICE after BFV disaster.

But I need to be realistic, it will probably be modern and it makes me sad...

lxfme5nxbr551.jpg