Status
Not open for further replies.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Cops tied the door down so he can't open it up and they will open the door once they reach an agreement with him.

Etika is being really dismissive about it. I feel like this might get worse.....

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like they locked the whole block down where he lives. This is getting really crazy.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully era is seeing that he isn't just looking for attention now. You really think he'd go this far? Certain people in this thread telling him to go fuck himself and stuff :/ it ain't right.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Its clear he had issues mentally and now its progressed to this. I hope he gets out of this safe, gets help and then stays off of social media for his health.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully era is seeing that he isn't just looking for attention now. You really think he'd go this far? Certain people in this thread telling him to go fuck himself and stuff :/ it ain't right.
Whatever the causes, it's obvious he needs help. Some of his antics obviously haven't done much to elicit sympathy, but with the situation he's in now, it's clear as day that he's in dire need of aid.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
He just got arrested without any shooting involved but it was a very tense situation in where the cops demanded to see his hands etc

He might be acting like an asshole but I don't want him dead either so I'm relieved

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

People with a narrow understanding of mental issues will insist this man is simply risking his life like this just for attention. It's not frustrating at all seeing people get their exemples of mental issues from Hollywood and think that they have a realistic view on the matter.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to be put under medical watch....again.

I wonder if they are gonna keep him in there longer this time since he literally just got out.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
People with a narrow understanding of mental issues will insist this man is simply risking his life like this just for attention. It's not frustrating at all seeing people get their exemples of mental issues from Hollywood and think that they have a realistic view on the matter.
I know that I've given him the short shrift in this thread as of recently. I don't know if that's me being inconsiderate, frustrated that he's avoiding the help he needs, or some combination of both.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
He definitely needs help but you don't just say shit like he's been saying and excuse it with mental illness. You can still think he's a piece of shit and hope he gets the help he needs.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I know that I've given him the short shrift in this thread as of recently. I don't know if that's me being inconsiderate, frustrated that he's avoiding the help he needs, or some combination of both.

Well, I mean, if someone's out there spewing hateful bullshit, provoking anxiety in his loved ones, and refusing to get help when asked by the people who care about his health and safety, I'm not really sure there's much for an average fellow to do but shun them, really. Whether or not the bigotry is inspired by his mental health issues (which, frankly, is a claim I struggle to accept myself), we shouldn't have to condone it or take it for granted.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't knew about that mental issue that makes you a racist and an homophobic. It aint right indeed.
It's not right but I took it as him wanting people to be angry at him due to how he is mentally. Reminds me of someone I know who, when in a mentally bad spot, lashed out at everyone regardless due to pain even though they didn't feel that way because they felt that they, the one doing the lashing out, deserved it.

Etika might be different but it's weird given his stances on certain things seemed to contradict how he's acted when he's lashing out. Who knows.

At this point the only thing anyone knows is that he needs help because we dont really know who "Etika" is right now. He could be worse than we think, could be better. We don't know.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
He definitely needs help but you don't just say shit like he's been saying and excuse it with mental illness. You can still think he's a piece of shit and hope he gets the help he needs.

Yup, this is where I'm at. Dude's a racist and an anti-Semite, but I don't want him to hurt himself or anyone else.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What's it gonna take for him to be taken off of social media and Youtube/Twitch for good?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's not right but I took it as him wanting people to be angry at him due to how he is mentally. Reminds me of someone I know who, when in a mentally bad spot, lashed out at everyone regardless due to pain even though they didn't feel that way because they felt that they, the one doing the lashing out, deserved it.

Etika might be different but it's weird given his stances on certain things seemed to contradict how he's acted when he's lashing out. Who knows.

At this point the only thing anyone knows is that he needs help because we dont really know who "Etika" is right now. He could be worse than we think, could be better. We don't know.

That he needs help is obvious. That he might have is mental issues is highly possible. But these shouldn't be used as excuses for racism and homophobia. It doesn't mean I want Etika to get hurt (or to hurt someone else, even though what he's saying is actually doing that). But it's not a pass either.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That he needs help is obvious. That he might have is mental issues is highly possible. But these shouldn't be used as excuses for racism and homophobia. It doesn't mean I want Etika to get hurt (or to hurt someone else, even though what he's saying is actually doing that). But it's not a pass either.
I'm not saying it's a pass I'm saying it's possible because who knows how he is mentally. If he has mental issues that could explain things but it might not as well. At the end of the day nobody really knows because we know nothing about what's really going on with him.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
When his mom gets involved which is hopefully soon.

She has to see he is not mentally right at this point in time.
She needs to get in there asap because this is just crazy. His fans that truly care for him have to understand that this is no joke but the problem is most of those fans just revel in the whole antics and drama of it all. Even in the videos where Etika's screaming and shit it looks crazy.

This is a case where today's internet fame can cause serious problems. The sad part is that he'll probably be back online in no time and the cycle continues unless someone stops it.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to come off as better than anyone else here. When I saw him tweeting earlier this morning my first reaction was "Not this shit again!", but seeing his livestream was, to me, the final confirmation that he needs help. Over the last few years I've found that situations like these require a lot more patience and understanding than most people are willing to dispense, and it's something I've been working on non-stop.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
At this point anyone giving him any sort of social media platform is contributing to his inevitable demise.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So you want him to lose his main source of income for life, instead of wanting him to get help and recover whatever is plaguing him? Interesting
?

Who says that I'm not saying I want him to get off of social media and Youtube/Twitch because I want him to get healthy? That's the whole reason I'm saying it. Me saying "I want Etika off of the internet" isn't saying "I want Etika to not make a living." I'm saying "I want Etika off of the internet to get healthy because it's clearly damaging him and while he's away he can get help and find himself." He's been a model in the past, he's had jobs in the past, he can do other things that he can make an income from rather than being online where it's clearly causing issues.

How did you completely misunderstand that? Do you honestly think this is all Etika is good for?

Jun 17, 2018
His main source of income appears to be a contributing factor in his mental state.
Possibly a healthcare professional should be able to determine whether or not he should return to that field. I just find it weird when people think someone should lose their job permanently, especially if they're going through some type of mental anguish.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely nobody should give him a platform right now. This attention is just feeding this sickness he has going on in his head. I hope he definitely gets it sorted out, but man. He burned basically every bridge he had today.

Jun 17, 2018
?

Who says that I'm not saying I want him to get off of social media and Youtube/Twitch because I want him to get healthy? That's the whole reason I'm saying it. Me saying "I want Etika off of the internet" isn't saying "I want Etika to not make a living." I'm saying "I want Etika off of the internet to get healthy because it's clearly damaging him and while he's away he can get help and find himself." He's been a model in the past, he's had jobs in the past, he can do other things that he can make an income from rather than being online where it's clearly causing issues.

How did you completely misunderstand that? Do you honestly think this is all Etika is good for?
You were clamoring for him to he off the internet (which is his primary source of income) "for good". There is no way to misinterpret that.

Aug 3, 2018
Giving this person even one more second is a waste...lock this thread...

Hopefully he get some type of help..but it's not worth the discussion anymore .

Status
Not open for further replies.