• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Can I name the pilots? You know, so I can form lasting bonds that rupture when perfectly laid plans fail and everything dies, just like real life.

Finalow

Oct 28, 2017
been waiting to play this fucking game since the day it was announced, and I already knew it was gonna be great.

Avellone also worked on it, as he did for the FTL expansion.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
If I may recommend an Into the Breach LP, consider HMV:

He is my favourite FTL-streamer without a doubt. Can recommend if you want to become a better FTL-player as well.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might leave work early today...

Cannot wait for your first impressions. Reviewers seem to be into it head over heels.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
OK then.
08854257.jpg

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Not available for purchase on Humble yet. Waiting for that cause I have a bit of credit there, plus should get the discount for having monthly.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah like how many levels are there in a campaign and how much time does 1 map typically take?

There's 4 islands, but you only need to complete 2 to make the final stage available (the other 2 are optional). Every island has half a dozen maps and a final mission. You can't complete all of the missions in a given island, at some point you're forced to play the boss. Each map seems to take 10-30 minutes. So I'd say a short 2 island run would take about an hour.

There's several pilots, mech squads and achievements to unlock - doing the achievements actually gets you currency you can use to buy the squads.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming it is masterful, but I'd like some impressions on the OST please :)

I still carry around FTL's and is still my go to when relaxing or writing.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I feel dumb, but I got into a mission and there was a couple of tiles I could place my units on. But now theres only two tiles and I can't place my third unit to start the mission. Am I missing something?

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish my laptop's battery wasn't crap. This seems like the perfect game to play in bed.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool, I bought it on GoG and I got FTL with it. I already have it on Steam but I'll not complain to have a great game twice.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Loving it already but need to head to work. FTL is love and life for me (250 or so hours), so I can't wait to dig into ITB. Anyways, good job, Subset crew!

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is this coming to Switch? I hope Im not port begging, but need to know or I'll just buy it on Steam.

From the dev's site:

When will the game be released?
Into the Breach will be released on February 27th and will cost $15 USD. It will be initially available on Windows through Steam, GOG and the Humble Store.

What platforms will it be on?
Into the Breach will be initially available on Windows. After release we intend to bring the game to Mac and Linux as well. As a small studio, we found managing that large of a release for FTL very difficult, so we're going to spread it out more this time. We will consider the possibility of bringing the game to Mobile devices and/or consoles in the future, but it is not a priority at this time.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful. My first three runs actually weren't so bad though, feels a lot more approachable or "fair" than FTL so far. Also really nicely hits the sweet spot between being too different from FTL and being too similar to it -- there are elements that are pretty reminiscent of FTL (visuals, campaign structure, upgrade system) but at the same time it's a completely different and surprisingly unique game.