• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Non-functional figurine sets apparently made by ThinkGeek. Totaku (is that like toy otaku?) will launch with seven figures concentrating on Sony IPs and franchises closely associated with them with more to come in the future. Unknown if it will release franchises beyond that parameter. Out March 23rd worldwide.

Retailer exclusive in a number of regions. US Gamestophas them up for preorder at $9.99 and GAME España has them all up for reservation at the apparent retail price of 14.99€.
  • 10cm Highly Detailed Figurines
  • Series numbered - collect them all
  • Non-Articulated Fixed Base
  • Multiple Ways to Display
http://www.gamesoul.it/2018/01/19/nasce-totaku-collection-ecco-la-prima-serie/
GameSoul.it said:
a new collection of highly detailed minifigures inspired by the most important franchises in past and present gaming history. This innovative series is called TOTAKU , and includes reproductions of legendary characters such as Tekken's Heihachi Mishima , Crash Bandicoot , Little Big Planet's Sackboy , Bloodborne Hunter and WipEout's Feisar .

To the delight of collectors, the very first series of TOTAKU will be marked with a symbol that identifies the first edition. All other copies produced will not have this mark, so the statuettes of the main draft will certainly be the rarest and most desired by fans. Each of these small figures is about 10 centimeters tall, and represents a character in one of his most iconic poses. In addition, the small base where the Totaku are supported is in the shape of a cross and can be joined to the other by interlocking, forming fun scenarios with your favorite videogames characters.
DT86FW8V4AEaV7k.jpg:large

EDIT: For no reason at all, Kratos is not included in the promotional despite being there at launch.

lyKFgPC.jpg

DT89WlPXcAA-Nsc.jpg:large

What do you mean the packaging is really similar to Amiibo. /s

Last edited:

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
paving the way for PS All Stars 2...
I'd buy Sackboy, Feisar, and Hunter

edit: if it's non articulated, what does it mean by multiple way to display?

Deleted member 6436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's actually seven. Kratos isn't on that artwork for some reason.

Allegedly the first wave will have 10?

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, the Feisar FX350, everyone's favorite whatever the fuck is that supposed to be. Also can't forget THE HUNTER, so original.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh I'm interested. Hope by Gamestop they also mean EB games.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
All this does is remind me that I've been a huge Sony fan the majority of my life but don't seem to care at all about the "mascots" of the system itself.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let see if people hating on Amiibo will finally jump into this figure train this time lol.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm laughing at these but I will probably end up buying the Bloodborne Hunter, Sackboy, and Kat if they do one for her

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
eh little collectibles are fine

intrested to see if they make anymore and what other characters they have

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Imma get that Hunter and Crash Bandicoot.

But where is second/third best girl Kat???

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
These don't seem to be a Sony product. The trademark is owned by ELBO, Inc which seems to be affiliated with Gamestop. Seems weird that these are tied to Sony so directly.

I love that Parappa is flat. Also, is this the first time the Hunter is made into an actual figure?

No there have been quite a few Bloodborne figures.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Parappa is flat. Also, is this the first time the Hunter is made into an actual figure?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Needs Drake, Aloy, Snake and ohmygod I could go on all night.

Parappa, Hunter and Crash will be bought immediately

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey these are pretty nice. I'll probably go pick up that Sackboy one. I loved the LBP games.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In for the hunter one, now they need to give me one for the Doll and Gehrman.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
So you're saying you get less with this but its ok. Gotcha.
Well I mean these appear to only cost 5.99 so they are much cheaper then an amiibo. Also some peoples issue with Amiibo are that they don't give you another way to get the stuff locked behind them. I honestly don't want any of these plastic toys but would like to have some of the DLC they decide to lock behind them.

OP
OP
SinCityAssassin
Oct 25, 2017
Well I mean these appear to only cost 5.99 so they are much cheaper then an amiibo.
The visible price at GAME España is a reservation price. Like the 5 bucks you put on a preorder.

Full price is 15€ on that site. US will likely have USD $15 for figures like the Hunter and USD$10 for the likes of Sackboy.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
no dlc attached right? I don't see why people would complaint about this one. I thought people hate amiibo because it locked certain dlc with rare figure that can cost many times it's msrp
I think the field was pretty mixed on that. From one angle, it's add on content that should have just been in the game (and is), but gets locked behind a pay wall just because. On the other hand, the figures alone are enough to collect, so the DLC nonsense can be thought of as a free bonus. To me, if they were gonna add DLC any way, at least the amiibo route takes out the reliance on the network/digital content (though it would be even better if both options were available).