• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do they think people going to forget when they did when they make another game?
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement for their next project starts with something like "From the developer who pissed off the SJW cucks at ResetEra." Y'know, make it perfectly clear from the start who their audience is.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
lmao "why don't you link each message and we can discuss them "

then somebody does and Mothballs just wholesale ignores the post and moves on.
You know what's great? I actually forgot one that had been mentioned in the post Mothballs was replying to. Mothballs had also had a huge post about how we'd all be fine if Trump was reelected and everyone's just overreacting to the idea - nevermind that the America currently has concentration camps, a rash of mass killing motivated by white supremacists, increased push for legislative oppression of racial minorities and LGBT groups... Basically, it's a view that only makes sense from the view of a disaffected white dude.

And back on the topic of Voidpoint, uou know what else is great? That Simpsons tweet leaves me wondering if they're just that close from ranting about how people (read: Indian people) should shut up about Apu. Because that's really the only time I can think of The Simpsons getting wide criticism for something like that outside of conservative circles.

The thing is, The Simpsons isn't really that edgy of a show in the modern sense. It was never really a shock comedy in the way of post-revival Family Guy or South Park, aside maybe from Halloween episodes that were meant to have a horror or mock-horror aspect. The Simpsons was mostly edgy in the old sense of lampooning American cultural values or institutions that most wouldn't be brave enough to risk. Talking of '90s nostalgia, one of the edgiest and most highly talked about episodes of The Simpsons was when they made an episode that blasted homophobia; something that has gotten less edgy over time, not more.

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize "hate groups" were the ones who called people out for having homophobic and transphobic beliefs. Interesting.
Just taking a page out of Trump's playbook: take zero ownership and accuse the other group of doing exactly what you've been doing all along. See "I know you are but what am I" playground projection argument.

"You see, it's hilarious because only teh gays use lotion! Yuk, yuk, yuk."

Voidpoint - fuck you, shitheads.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
3D Realms supporting all of this is the most disappointing aspect. I expect people like Terminx to stay trash until the grave, but I was hoping the statement 3DR made previously was genuine. Just another shit publisher.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And back on the topic of Voidpoint, uou know what else is great? That Simpsons tweet leaves me wondering if they're just that close from ranting about how people (read: Indian people) should shut up about Apu. Because that's really the only time I can think of The Simpsons getting wide criticism for something like that outside of conservative circles.

The thing is, The Simpsons isn't really that edgy of a show in the modern sense. It was never really a shock comedy in the way of post-revival Family Guy or South Park, aside maybe from Halloween episodes that were meant to have a horror or mock-horror aspect. The Simpsons was mostly edgy in the old sense of lampooning American cultural values or institutions that most wouldn't be brave enough to risk. Talking of '90s nostalgia, one of the edgiest and most highly talked about episodes of The Simpsons was when they made an episode that blasted homophobia; something that has gotten less edgy over time, not more.
I'm almost certain they're the exact kind of folks who complain about how "you couldn't make a movie like Blazing Saddles nowadays" because the only thing they got out of that movie is "white people saying the n-word is hilarious!"

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
I am so angry that I bought this game on steam. I already have too many hours on it to return it.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
And if MS/Sony/Nintendo all refused to release the game on their platforms, I bet the devs would reverse course and remove the content from the game.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Is it really that hard for people not to suck?

Like, I feel that being cool and chill is pretty easy. Does it really take some folks just a herculean amount of effort to not be the worst.

Also, for like the fiftieth time I made the mistake of scrolling to comments on an article about this. Nothing but the softest of manchildren.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The token lgbt we tolerate in our toxic discord because they generally "don't see the outrage" told us to keep it, so.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So can we put this game on the list of banned games since they are straight up being homophobic and aren't apologetic about it?

Unlike THQ Noric which might encompass a big list of people, this is directly from their developers and is part of the game and it's not even debatable that its completely homophobic.

Bastables

Dec 3, 2017
Wow, glad I held off on making a purchase after their "apology".
I mean why would you censor yourself when your imaginary gay friends are cool with you calling them F**&ots and jointly shitting on trans people... the fuck.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Last but not least, please respect our need to keep our community forums clean from hateful messages, spam, or off-topic threads."

So they are gonna ban all the little shits okay with their decision right. Cuz every one of them is full of hate of some kind.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Oh boy, that's fun to wake up to. Another developer and publisher to put back squarely into the shitheads pile. Their apologies didn't mean shit. I doubt the "sensitivity training" is actually a thing too.

Oneiroi17

Jan 11, 2018
UK
Aw dammit, and I totally originally intended to throw some money at them after the whole "Iron Maiden" thing came out. Oh well :/

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"OGAY" by itself would be just a giant eye roll. Its elementary school level edgy.

But in context with the discord chats, and the other hidden stuff, and this apology that feels like KIA wrote it. For fuck sake lads what are you doing?

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
What a fuck up. Means I am not buying any 3D realms content. This is disgusting behaviour as game designers (or any creative industry) always have to edit things regardless of calling "censorship". A shame if that quake engine ends up good but scummy publisher.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So wait, did they put the "faggot" back in and took the donation money back as well?

Regardless, no buy from me, what a bunch of spineless cowards.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I see this keeps getting worse.

Using the same argument an asshole of a human being Milo uses. "I have a black husband so I can't be racist".

TerminX or whoever is using that damned Twitter account, fuck right off.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well that is one way to kill the apology, sigh.

Not going to bother checking out Ion Fury at all then. Really disappointed in 3D Realms too.