Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, incompatible Reminders app really hurt. I know Apple doesn't want another iOS 11 launch with other platforms, but this is really unApple-like.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
I'm loving the new CarPlay interface. I just wish you could change the default maps app when in the new display view. It's cool seeing a map while having my music there, but it just sucks it can't be Google Maps so I can see the traffic visuals.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
How do I upgrade to the regular update from being on the beta program? I tried deleting the profile, but it still says I'm on the latest version with the feedback app.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the new CarPlay interface. I just wish you could change the default maps app when in the new display view. It's cool seeing a map while having my music there, but it just sucks it can't be Google Maps so I can see the traffic visuals.
I could be mistaken but I believe google has to update the app to support it. I'm still partial to google maps for traffic too. Either way the split view is so nice. I might give Apple Music a try too to tease myself with Siri in the car for music.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man is there really no way to get rid of this "quick share" thing that's just a bunch of iMessage contacts? There's like a bajillion people outside of the US who never touch iMessage.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
I could be mistaken but I believe google has to update the app to support it. I'm still partial to google maps for traffic too. Either way the split view is so nice. I might give Apple Music a try too to tease myself with Siri in the car for music.

That would be awesome. I just figured it was always going to have to be Apple Maps so they can try and force you into their own app.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can I download commonly used parts of apple maps yet? I'm in the tristate area 99% of the time. It's horrible trying to load a map when commuting. The same map I use day after day week after week.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Noticing an ever so slight stutter when transitioning between home screens on my SE. Didn't have that on 12 for sure. Maybe there's still stuff adjusting in the background after the update. All other in-app and cross-app transitions are smooth.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Update finally verified without giving me an error. Installing now.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
iOS indexes a lot after a full version update so battery life will take a hit for around a day. Also, there is a new feature that changes how the battery is charged called Optimized Battery Charging that might be affecting it.
Yeah, youre most likely right. Its just one of my irks after every update, same with looking at the avaiable disk space and wondering, how I can get that one missing gigabyte back 😅

Oct 27, 2017
guessing you're on an OLED iphone, in which case, welcome to the joys of OLED ghosting when pixels switch between off and on quickly
Yeh I got a real shock from smear effect when I got my XS last year... I definitely had a sense of "Wait... people are falling all over themselves to shit on LCD for this?". Don't get me wrong, the increased colours in images and video are great, but the smearing was definitely a thing I had to get used and still don't love.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Yeh I got a real shock from smear effect when I got my XS last year... I definitely had a sense of "Wait... people are falling all over themselves to shit on LCD for this?". Don't get me wrong, the increased colours in images and video are great, but the smearing was definitely a thing I had to get used and still don't love.

You gotta admit though, the pure black in dark mode is nice with OLED.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dark mode looks so cool. I really have no idea about much of the other updates. Is there anyway to make filter games so it's only controller supported ones?

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and did a full erase and new setup after the update.

dark mode looks good

I'm liking the new wallpaper. Looks good on oled

3D view in maps looking sharp

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I was doing the beta. I deleted my beta profile late last week.

My software update says I'm on 13.1.

I'm on the release version, right?

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm on iOS 13.0 17A5572a and I'm not seeing the update to the final version. Beta profile has been deleted but I'm not getting an update.

Edit: 17A577 is the final version but I'm not getting it.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
So, anyone else notice that scrolling through the settings menu in dark mode seems to have a weird effect on the background? Like, the boxes bounce around and are not smooth.
Hard to explain but see if anyone notices.

Yeah, it's a weird issue with phone OLEDs.
Doesn't happen on tv panel OLEDs but they use a different pixel structure or something like that.

Happens anytime you have black and near-black close each other and you move it.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone on 13.1 beta now should honestly just stay there, the real thing will be out in 5 days. Rolling back to 13.0 just to get 13.1 on Tuesday is a waste of time

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I've got this that won't stop popping up, any suggestions?
oneWAh6.jpg

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I have been waiting for years for dark mode. So of course iOS 13 isn't available for Iphone 6. God Damnit.