• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about it until reading the title of this thread… I set it up to open the Journal app because I wanted to try and use that daily. Hasn't gone well!

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I still have an older iPhone so this "action button" is not something I have experienced yet. However, my question is that since it is a button, how easy is it to "accidentally" press it while the phone is in a bag or pocket? I would be a bit hesitant to have it set to toggle silent mode because the button feels much more accidental prone compared to the previous silent mode switch.

I have mine in a front pocket and have never triggered it whereas I previously would flip the switch accidentally on my old 11.

Oct 26, 2017
if it's like the bixby button on Samsung, i use mine to open a dictionary app. All things considered, I'd rather have it than not i guess but i usually forget to even use it

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Set to camera, but sometimes it's faster to just tap on screen to open the app
forcing user to hold the button is fucking dumb

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine opens a menu with shortcuts that I customized. So it's a mute switch, camera button, launch IG, launch Music, launch Focus menu, and toggles for my living room, kitchen, office, and bedroom Hue lights. I use it... frequently lol

Apple TV remote. It's an absolute game changer.

Oooh, I may add this to my menu! Good call :)

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mute, because with my job I often have to turn it on and off. Wish they had some additional features of short press versus long press so I could use something else.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Open camera in video mode with another click starting to record. That way I'm able to start recording one handed, like when biking or something. Even with gloves on.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Flashlight. Simply because the Action 'button' is the only iPhone button that doesn't work as a... button. It's long press only. Baffling decision from Apple not allowing you to bind single, long, double press etc.

If the iPhone 16 Capture button rumours are true, hopefully Apple doesn't mess that up too. I want it to instantly start taking pictures or video. Missed so many moments getting the screen unlocked etc

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This button is what pushee me towards not upgrading when I was on the fence about it last year lol I love my switch. A button isnt the same

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Genuine question: is The Verge "close buddies" with Apple? Because that article title is quite something.

"The Action Button is the most significant new iPhone feature in years"

Lmao
Especially since the Galaxy series had an extra button that did very similar things and people absolutely loathed it, and so samsung removed it. I'm sure this is done better and is in a better place, but still.