• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I got mine :-D

256 Silver.

Saw Evernote and iCab are updated, I'm all set. What about Dolphin though? It's telling me it's not on the App Store anymore?

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I have the cosmos blue leather apple case, but this phone feels so good without a case on it. I guess I do have apple care...

Oct 25, 2017
So can I use animoji for anything else besides iMessage?

I guess you can always screen record and share the video but that's super clunky

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for wanting to sell my X (no returns for my country) and buy an 8 Plus? Would it be a significant downgrade in terms of hardware? I kinda prefer the heft and screen size of the Plus models.
I mean you could turn an easy profit by flipping it and put the money towards the presumed iPhone XI Plus happening next year while using the 8+ or sth. I will probably do the same tbh.
Haven't had the "6 / Plus body" before so the 8+ is new to me; however the phone looks undeniably old-fashioned in comparison. At the same time I've become so accustomed to the wide screen and keyboard within a month that I can barely type on the regular sized 6S of my brother and much like you I kinda dig the heft of the Plus as well.

ijm72

Oct 27, 2017

I guess you can always screen record and share the video but that's super clunky
You can send it via text to non-imessage users. I think it just sends its to them as a regular video. If you want to use it in other messaging apps you can just send an imessage to yourself and save the video.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017

Make it in iMessage then hold and save it. Now you can use the video file wherever you want.

They need to make an Animoji app though. The reaction people have to it is absurd. Give them their own place so I can let people play around with them in a more user friendly app, namely so people aren't in my damn messaging app.

Also with Face ID I feel like there should be an OS level app lock. Face ID check to launch any and all apps, specific ones you choose or none.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well, hopefully my iPhone X display will be fine at least for the next 2 years. Can't afford to change my phone every year.

Is burn in a worry? I know it was a problem with old Android phones, but I thought in the past few years Samsung and other companies made huge strides to reduce burn in, and today it's pretty rare.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still having issues typing on my phone outside in the cold. I really hope its just the screen protector.

GUTS

Oct 26, 2017
Is burn in a worry? I know it was a problem with old Android phones, but I thought in the past few years Samsung and other companies made huge strides to reduce burn in, and today it's pretty rare.
I dunno, maybe I was just a little scared after reading a bunch of articles about OLED burn-in issue.

I only own 1 device with OLED and that's my PS Vita. I don't know how different Vita's screen is compared to other OLED display on the market but if my Vita is any indication, that means my iPhone X display will hold up just fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh so it's not just note 8. Xperia xzp is opening 3rd party apps quicker than iphone x, including quite a few games.

Hope 11.2 helps... But yeah... The performance on my iphone x is pretty lack luster for the price. My OnePlus 5 loads things quicker and keeps things in memory better and I paid half the price of the iPhone for that.

Also my phone is God damn hot when watching videos for some reason. Anyone else have this bug with like YouTube?

Ilovehotmoms

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone else's Bluetooth screwed on the X

My X won't connect to anything via Bluetooth I'm not sure if it's the phone or 11.1 update but all I get is a spinning circle where the devices usually show up.

If anyone has this issue or any fixes I would appreciate it

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My saddle brown leather case arrived :)

No phone though :(

Tomorrow is the D day to get it shipped to be here by this week.

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else's Bluetooth screwed on the X

My X won't connect to anything via Bluetooth I'm not sure if it's the phone or 11.1 update but all I get is a spinning circle where the devices usually show up.

If anyone has this issue or any fixes I would appreciate it

My Bluetooth works fine for the most part.
IOS 11 messed with Bluetooth though. Ever since my 7 updated I get intermittent drops when using my in-car Bluetooth connection. This never happened on my 7 on iOS 10.

The intermittent dropping still happens on the X so I'm assuming it's an iOS issue that will be patched.

If you aren't getting any Bluetooth connection then something bigger is wrong though.
Have you tried other Bluetooth devices?

Also try a hard restart (click vol+, click vol-, hold lock button until you see Apple logo)

Deleted member 1062

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IOS 11 messed with Bluetooth though. Ever since my 7 updated I get intermittent drops when using my in-car Bluetooth connection. This never happened on my 7 on iOS 10.

The intermittent dropping still happens on the X so I'm assuming it's an iOS issue that will be patched.
oh good I've been experiencing this too. thought maybe it was my car

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh so it's not just note 8. Xperia xzp is opening 3rd party apps quicker than iphone x, including quite a few games.

Hope 11.2 helps... But yeah... The performance on my iphone x is pretty lack luster for the price. My OnePlus 5 loads things quicker and keeps things in memory better and I paid half the price of the iPhone for that.

Also my phone is God damn hot when watching videos for some reason. Anyone else have this bug with like YouTube?

Now it just seems like the A11 is doing its job.

No need to use the full force of Zeus to open apps and kill battery life.

Ilovehotmoms

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
bluetooth's been fine for me. connected to my car, AirPods, and Bose QC35's

My Bluetooth works fine for the most part.

If you aren't getting any Bluetooth connection then something bigger is wrong though.
Have you tried other Bluetooth devices?

Also try a hard restart (click vol+, click vol-, hold lock button until you see Apple logo)

This has to be an 11.1 issue because I can't to anything on my iPad Pro either

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Lovin the caudabe case so far on the X. Feels so good in the hand and adds no bulk. People I know thought I wasn't even rocking a case on the phone.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Opening and game performance is a difference. Run that test. Run the 4K processing test over how quickly the app opens

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Btw those who hate the notch, theres an App called notcho that lets you import wallpapers and it removes the top part so it looks like theres no notch lol

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How do you save the animojii as a video? Do you have to send it first? Or can you create and save without sending?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously hope no one has a problem with the notch AND bought this phone lmao

Notch is not a problem for me at all

yea i dont have a problem with it; but it makes some of the wallpapers look even better!

UYvF4fs.jpg

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I also live in a cold country :/

Well, I'm sure if this becomes an actual thing, there will be a fix or any other solution to it. Tens of thousands of people can't just have an unusable outdoors $1000 phone.
Someone on twitter said apple is going to replace it and they have a friend whose phone works perfectly in the same weather. I think we might have faulty screens

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've basically forgotten all about FaceID already. I just pick the phone up and swipe, and it usually figures it out. No need to pick up, wait for the unlock, then swipe - just swipe and you're done.

Jaws

Oct 29, 2017
Taking ages to relearn my muscle memory. Every time i flick up from the bottom to bring up control centre and just end up going back to the home screen.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Got my charcoal grey leather case in. It's what I expected. Basically a dark gray case which is what I wanted. I wouldn't have minded it a shade or so lighter as I know it's going to darken up.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone on twitter said apple is going to replace it and they have a friend whose phone works perfectly in the same weather. I think we might have faulty screens
I didn't get mine just yet. I'm just worried if it's a widespread issue because I live in the cold, but it's good if it's just some of them, maybe I'll luck out.

Now I wonder if I should wait and try it out before applying the screen protector.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not cold enough right now for me to test it properly. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Opening and game performance is a difference. Run that test. Run the 4K processing test over how quickly the app opens
Yeah a11 is a beast at that. But Ive never processed images or video on my phone in my life. I've definitely opened a few apps before though, including twitter which opens really slowly on the x for some reason!

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I really really like how the notch looks. Gives great flair and I kind of like how it cuts off videos in full screen (idk why, makes the screen feel fuller somehow to me?).