• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Cause mine is? I'm always really careful with my electronics. I've owned every single Nintendo handheld thus far with zero issues at all. But today as I was putting the switch in my pocket, a little chunk just fell out. Now there's a tiny hole in the top. Still works perfectly and no evidence of a fall. (I'm the only one who uses the thing and it's with me 99% of the time)

I'm kind of worried my launch day Switch is already falling apart after less than a year.

Oct 27, 2017
Wut. No. The thing is mostly a beast (other than the cheap ass screen), and I use it constantly both in handheld and in console mode.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I have any damage like that. And I move my Switch around quite a bit.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
My left joycon doesn't slot in properly and can be slid out without undoing the lock.

Nov 14, 2017
A piece just fell off it?

Also are you wearing Jncos? That's the only way I could fit a Switch in my pocket.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...no? Also putting the Switch in your pocket (what kind of hugeass pocket would be that anyway?) doesn't sounds as being careful with it.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Really careful...yet you had it in your pocket. That doesn't make much sense to me....

I have had mine since launch and it's been fine.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta 1 is wrecking my Pro Controller. Fuck Kamiya for having spinning the analog stick tied to so many various actions.

Rezsolution

Oct 31, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing like that, but my left Joycon is fucked and I only got it at Christmas. It never locked in properly because the locking mechanism came chipped, and the vibrator is now totally fucked and wonky, gets way too loud compared to the right one.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mine is always either docked, in a carrying case, or in my hands. Got it at launch and it's fine so far.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
My left joycon doesn't slot in properly and can be slid out without undoing the lock.
Did your Switch fell on the floor? Mine has this issue, but I read it happens if your Switch fell and hit the floor (or any surface from a long distance).

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
2 Switches in my household, one launch and one from May, both move around quite a bit, no problem here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no, my Switch is fine

I'd probably send yours in before you're out of the warranty period, this doesn't sound normal at all

Oct 27, 2017
My only problem is the left joycon wobbles a bit in the track. But that has been like that from day one and I assume is just due to manufacturing tolerances more than anything.

seansmith9322

Oct 31, 2017
Yes at the very bottom of mind the plastic of the shell is like separating and bending. Also joycons don't always go all the way down. Screen is prestindle though

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
how the hell do you fit your switch in your pocket??

kevin-smith-huge-jorts-1-586e5c4434aa4.jpeg

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
How does a chuck fall off in your pocket? I don't get it, a chunk of what?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, my plastic on the front of the bezel pulls out from the console after playing it for about 20 minutes. Annoying.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
No problems with mine. Although mine is always in a case when not using. I don't ever leave it out or in the dock.

But this does remind me to put out a PSA. Get any warrantee issues resolved if you had a launch switch. I sent my left joycon in for repair (the desynching issue) and got it corrected in a week (think I was just sent a new one).

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing like that, but my left Joycon is fucked and I only got it at Christmas. It never locked in properly because the locking mechanism came chipped, and the vibrator is now totally fucked and wonky, gets way too loud compared to the right one.
Send it for repair, it's quick easy and free (just need to call them, very friendly).

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
my left joycon is a little off-kilter when I lock it in. maybe only by a few degrees. but I adjust it with my thumb and it gets flush.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Falling apart? I've used mine heavily since Day 1 and have typical signs of wear but otherwise it's tip-top. A chunk fell out? What does that even mean? How is that possible.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Now my Switch hasn't been used very often and I tend to keep it in the dock, but whenever I have the Joycons connected the system has always kinda felt flimsy. The controllers always seem to be loose, but they hold.

I thought this was a problem with every Switch, but holding other people's Switch consoles really makes mine stand out. It's not really a problem but I fear it could be one in the future.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
No pics, OP? But nope, my Switch is still like brand new. I got it on last november and I play it on docked and table top mode around the house.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
My left speaker is blown. Too scared to part with it or have Nintendo mess something up with my saves if I send it in.

I think that Chess Ultra game fucked it up. I noticed that game was super loud and it was right around that time it got compromised. I made a thread about it but noone gave a fuck.

My brother's dock no longer seems to work. Might have to buy another. He puts some stupid cloth in his dock to avoid screen scratching but other than that I can't think anything out of the ordinary for it to no longer read on the TV. We set our Switches in the dock and you can see the Switch screen not shutting off. It just stays on as if it's not inserted into anything.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
The switch is the same size as a 3DS XL, lol. The real question is why aren't you carrying a portable with you?

But anyway, the build quality on this thing sucks.

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
Does your serial number start with xaw7 and was the chunk near the power button, OP? If so, it's a known issue with that particular batch; I was unfortunate enough to have the same issue. Nintendo repaired it with no fuss, though.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Foxconn didn't glue the front glass on my Switch properly at the right side. Like a tiny gaping edge I can push down. It has been like that since day one. It's a non-issue but still sloppy assembly work.

So I guess my Switch has been falling apart since day one.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
OP, was it a little piece right behind the power button? Same exact thing just happened to me despite treating it extremely well, never dropped it or mishandled it at all. Took to reddit to check it out and apparently the "power button back shell crack" is a problem faced by many. Some theorize it is because the screw there is too tight, others blame an expanding part inside the unit as the culprit. I'm in the middle of Bayonetta right now and don't really want to pause my progress, but will definitely be sending it in for a repair before the 1 year warranty expires soon.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
DEdb7-FV0AA4anY
Never dropped mine but somehow the top left of the device is cracked. It's small so I don't worry about but now the back is only on 3 of the 4 corners so it makes me irritated. I think it's from the internal heat but idk.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I've taken my Switch across the world and back and I've had it since launch. Outside of grease marks around the buttons, it's still in perfect condition.
Maybe you hit it on something without realizing?