• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Despite supposedly being better than tinder and OK cupid and Co I've found it to be far shitter In terms of responses

Also obviously interested in women's experience of the app

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I've done really well with woman slightly above my age on it, especially in comparison to Tinder.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bumble is amazing as a guy. 2 years ago I would use it a lot as a counter to Tinder. Its really nice to take a passive role and let women start a conversation, really nice opening the app and seeing how many new conversations you have queued up.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Bumble did nothing for me, while tinder and OKC where far more effective.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it better than Tinder. It seems to be less about just finding a sexual partner and people more interested in relationships.

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was around when I was doing online dating. It's appealing as someone who hates being the pursuer

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Not to sound self centered or taking jabs at op but Bumble is great if you are attractive. Hell most girls will settle from just looking normal.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes it feels like lots of accounts are totally fake or girls use it to advertise their Instagram accounts. Still I've managed a threesome and two other meet ups.

OP
OP
Bobson Dugnutt

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to sound self centered or taking jabs at op but Bumble is great if you are attractive. Hell most girls will settle from just looking normal.
That's probably it tbh. I'm ugly as fuck yet have done OK on the other apps. Does seem like it's more discerning than the rest. Even when I get a response the messages are to be desired.

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
I haven't got a match on tinder in ages. I might try bumble now.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like bumble better.

I've gotten quite a few matches. I also hate starting a conversation so it works for me.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I like Bumble. Had some luck with it - the most disappointing aspect for me is when you get a match on both sides but no message is sent by the girl in question. Kind of defeats the point imo.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotal but I've heard mostly good things from my male friends who have used it, especially coming from Tinder.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Wish bumble, you're going to be judged on your pictures and profile.

If you have immediately apparent "less desirable" characteristics (ie not white in a rural area) then you're going to do poorly

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its cool and all but it still feels just like tinder where I have to do all the heavy lifting in a convo, like saying "hey" almost never works for me on tinder but on bumble that shit is all girls send

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bumble is the only app I've ever given up on. It feels as shallow as Tinder, but with way more fake/dead profiles.

CMB is probably my favorite app, which also has gatekeeping (you have to be "liked" back) but seems more conversation-geared. But that might just be demographics. It seems to skew older and more educated.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say elite singles and other apps/sites geared towards "high-earning, very intelligent" users are worse. Imagine how self-obsessed the user base must be to think they're "elites" :p

Bumble was fine for me. Less successful than tinder, but I still got dates.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Is Hinge any good? I keep hearing about that one.

Dating is like the last priority in my life right now but I would like to get back into it once things settle down.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I met my girlfriend on Bumble. You'll get faaaar more matches on Tinder but, in my experience, the more worthwhile ones happen on Bumble.

I've literally never gotten a hey from Bumble. Granted, I've been on it for less than a week.

Oh, you will. I've gotten so many "hey" starters on Bumble, it's stupid.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Bumble was amaing. By requiring the female to send a message first it's a signal she isn't messing around. I had to delete the app for a while, I was losing control. Fun times but things would escalate pretty quickly. I felt like my work output was deteriorating because I was on that app way too much. I ran into my bosses daughter, colleagues, people I knew in the past, etc.

Seriously guys, we got it too easy these days. I actually met my SO on Tinder though. Two and a half years and going.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish bumble, you're going to be judged on your pictures and profile.

If you have immediately apparent "less desirable" characteristics (ie not white in a rural area) then you're going to do poorly

I agree with this, I guess. I am both white and latino so that helps a lot with being exotic enough but also look familiar haha. Liking a variety of things is also good, no one super cares if you love every type of fighting game. But if you enjoy sports, nerdy stuff and cultural events you will always have a topic with just about anyone.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I got more likes and comments back on Bumble.

Of course the irony is that women complain they get meh openers like "Hi" or "Hey" and here I am getting these same openers from women and I'm like "Seriously?"

Bonus points if they mention nothing about themselves in their profile so there's nothing to go on.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
between tinder, okcupid, and bumble I've had the most luck finding a potential partner through bumble

granted I'm single right now so they didn't work out but it seemed like the best of the 3 if you're actually looking for a potential relationship

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's miles better than Tinder and I like the fact that women have to message first, though while I do get matches on Bumble I hadn't had any messaged me but that doesn't bother me as I know that the app is more successful than Tinder as I had 0 matches on that.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Bumbles for rich people, with non-creative openers. But sometimes you get someone real genuine

Also see 80% of the same people on tinder