• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually prefer it to tinder and other alternatives. I've done pretty well on it...just wish there was more diversity in the women I end up with. I've never dated and hooked up with so many white women in my life, not even during my 6 years of college.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
I've made a few good friends and met my current GF on it. Honestly, the pool is just better. Usually experienced daters, people are more straightforward and such. Actually looking for a connection. Definitely not for flings and hookups.

Disclaimer: I'm 41 and usually date 35-45. No idea what the younger subset is like, but for my age bracket it's great.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I missed the whole online dating scene. Been in relationships forever. I can only imagine... sounds like fun though

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've found more success on Bumble than other dating/hookup apps. No complaints here.

OP
OP
Bobson Dugnutt

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
between tinder, okcupid, and bumble I've had the most luck finding a potential partner through bumble

granted I'm single right now so they didn't work out but it seemed like the best of the 3 if you're actually looking for a potential relationship

OK cupid is the best for me.

It's not like I don't put the effort in, it's just I get fuck all initially. Need to beautify my profile

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've only had it a week but so far only 1 match who didn't message. I'm not sure if the problem is my picruees, but I don't think I'm super ugly or anything.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about it is all the shit women tell guys not to do on their tinder profiles (like dont message with just "Hi" as an opener) they tend to do on Bumble. Other than annoyances like that I had pretty good success on it.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
My 2 sister-in-laws only use Bumble for dating. They specifically told me that they prefer to because they have to initiate.

They're both also white conservative Christians. So take that as you will.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 2 sister-in-laws only use Bumble for dating. They specifically told me that they prefer to because they have to initiate.

They're both also white conservative Christians. So take that as you will.

White. All white. All of em.

It's wild. Some of that is the app's algorithm, but still.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Bumble has actually been pretty decent, once I decided to keep it longer than a week. Been on a pretty steady stream of first dates, and one second with a third upcoming.
Granted it doesn't compare to the heyday of Tinder. Those were some crazy fun times.

Although I did find that these apps worked a lot better when I travelled to the states or really anywhere outside of Vancouver.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't used Bumble but my brother has told me its vastly superior to Tinder and Coffee Meets Bagel. I found my current girlfriend after having had Tinder downloaded for 1 day lol, been together almost a year come September. If I was single I would definitely give Bumble a try though.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bumble seems to be the choice for women around me. I don't know if I've noticed if there are more white chicks. Truth be told I'm happy with whatever comes my way. Shit is hard out here for an average person.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I like Bumble. Had some luck with it - the most disappointing aspect for me is when you get a match on both sides but no message is sent by the girl in question. Kind of defeats the point imo.
this is pretty much my experience every time. maybe german girls hate to break the ice, but then why use the app lol.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used Bumble but my brother has told me its vastly superior to Tinder and Coffee Meets Bagel. I found my current girlfriend after having had Tinder downloaded for 1 day lol, been together almost a year come September. If I was single I would definitely give Bumble a try though.
I'll just flat out say that Coffee Meets Bagel is a piece of shit app that no one should ever bother with.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a white guy in a white town I also noticed Bumble is... really, really white. Even by my local standards.

Tinder is still best for diversity around here.

They tend to get the most likes, so they're pushed to the top most often.

But shit. Houston isn't supposed to be this damn white lmao. It's rare I find a black or Latina or even Asian woman, which is wild in this city.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dating apps were great when I was dating. Swipe and message. Take decent photos, don't be creepy, and don't take it too seriously cause that shit is detectable.

Kattlauv

Oct 28, 2017
Manila
It's amazing here. And it's not really available either, you either have to download it when you are in another country (or change the settings of your account) or download it as an apk.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Bumble is a far, far better application than tinder.

- account verification reduces bot spam
- match timer reduces swipe collectors (though women can game the system by pushing out a generic "Hi" then ignoring you for weeks if you reply)
- women are generally more interested in serious relationships
- profiles are more complete
- app is more stable, especially in messaging
- no 100 swipe "cooldown timer"
- no obtrusive ads or ad profiles

I went on a lot more tinder dates but had a lot more success connecting with people on bumble, despite both apps offering a similar premise.

Bumbles for rich people, with non-creative openers. But sometimes you get someone real genuine

Also see 80% of the same people on tinder

Why rich people?

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hinge any good? I keep hearing about that one.

Dating is like the last priority in my life right now but I would like to get back into it once things settle down.

Hinge is interesting because they've done away with the whole waiting for a match thing that they had when it started. Now it will just tell you that someone liked your profile, and they will note them as you go through the dating pool (I think they separate it out into it's own specific category if you're a paying member).

It's made me a lot less likely to go through the swiping part, because I already know that a couple of the girls I'm going to see have already liked me, and once I see all of them I stop for a while.

_id

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I haven't tried bumble but reading the responses here I would assume it's not bad? The only other dating apps ived used were black planet back in the day (met my ex of 7 years) okcupid and pof. Okcupid is decent I've had some nice hookups from there but pof I feel is definitely the best dating app ived used. Whether you're looking for something serious or not there's someone for everybody on that app. I'll give bumble a try tho as long as it's free.

Jan 6, 2018
CoffeeMeetsBagel was my go to during my single days.

I tried: Tinder.(no success)
Bumble(little/no success)
Okcupid(mild success)

I'm Asian btw.

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
They tend to get the most likes, so they're pushed to the top most often.

But shit. Houston isn't supposed to be this damn white lmao. It's rare I find a black or Latina or even Asian woman, which is wild in this city.
I met my fair share of Asian women on bumble in Houston. Probably 60% white, 40% asian. But I have my type. Definitely no Latino or Black matches on bumble, only saw them on Tinder.

Oct 29, 2017
Saw a dude on the Bumble subreddit who was just CONVINCED that Bumble intentionally tanked your ELO rating if you ever deleted your profile and made it again. He insisted that Bumble tracked profiles by the phone's ID when you give them your number and the only way to get a fresh restart was to get a completely new phone. He even raised support tickets with their customer service and when they inevitably said "no we don't do that", he was like "they're not admitting it, they're giving me the run-around!" All because he said he wasn't getting any matches.

I look to things like that and say well my OLD experiences might suck but at least I'm not that guy lol

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I was under the impression that Bumble was sorta the facto "attractive and/or professional" app. Like if you were not attractive and/or professional making close to or over 6 figures then don't bother. I mean it already feels like there's no point using any of this if you are an Asian male based on case studies.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Just like any online dating the things you need to remember are

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God, are you me?

I feel like I should be 80x more attractive to use that shitty app. Tinder treats me way better lmao.

Even the few matches I do get on Bumble have far more boring conversations. Plus! It seems like there's def a racial difference. Only matched with black women on Bumble.

Which - considering the reputation of each app - may say a lot about racial preferences. Or my own attractiveness. Or both!

Fuck Bumble

Just like any online dating the things you need to remember are

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive.

I mean yeah, but especially for these swiping apps. Bit of a racial component, too.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Bumble. Had some luck with it - the most disappointing aspect for me is when you get a match on both sides but no message is sent by the girl in question. Kind of defeats the point imo.

Not really. People are allowed to change their minds after matching lol.

I've definitely matched with girls who've messaged me, gone to look at their profiles and pictures again, and gone "...nah! Nvm" lol. It happens. As with all things dating, try not to take it personally and hope for better next time.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Bumble is the best app right now, Tinder and Hinge are good too but Bumble has the best blend of quality and quantity

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I tried it for a couple weeks and didn't get a single match or conversation out of it. Just not good looking enough.