• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of chill streamers, most with smaller audiences. Among the more popular batch, though, I'd nominate:

MANvsGAME gets a little loud sometimes, but more in playful way. He openly promoted Biden during the election phase - which outside of political streamers like Hasan is unheard of - and said that he is done caring for his place in the Twitch community following its #metoo movement, since clearly there are a lot of rotten apples. He is a respectable person.

Ellajjaz is a really chill streamer and Dark Souls speedrun legend. You won't find him insulting chat like a lot of streamers do. His chat is borderline, but still bearable.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Maximilian Dood, MANvsGAME, heyzeusherestoast are all good examples of good streamers. Plus there's a ton more. Way more than I can even list.

Oct 27, 2017
He's alright. He can be fairly misogynistic/sexist at times. It certainly raised an eyebrow or two when he said he doesn't like playing as women because he can't emphasize with them.

Also, his community isn't as squeaky clean as he likes to portray. Some of the most despicable disgusting takes I've ever had the displeasure to read on the internet came out of his chat during his TLOU 2 playthrough.

In short; he's no Jeff Green.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
For a chill watch, I prefer Day9, one of the best person out there.

I watched Cohh a bit, but I got tired as half of his stream was just reading subscribers and donations instead of focusing on the game.

Oct 27, 2017
The best most chill streamer is obviously Kyle Bosman, the artist formerly known as the Dark Prince of Nerd Media.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
No way. Best streamer is Mantron, who just returned after like a five year break. Dude is super chill and fun, easy to listen to. Just started a Demon's souls play through yesterday and only ever has like 20 people viewing which bums me out. More people should check him out!

OP
OP

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
OP could you give an example. I've never hard of that person.

The only streamer I've ever really watched is Will Smith from Tested. And I was mostly paying attention to the chat. I still don't quite get the appeal of streaming.

Maybe this might help?

For me at least, I enjoy his games because we both seem to have similar tastes and he actually gives some decent commentary on the games he does, rather than "fake reactions" if that makes sense. One of the reasons I got into Divinity 2 Original Sin, played it and finished multiple times is because of him as I wasnt familar with CRPGS, but watching his videos helped me understand how the core gameplay mechanics/loop is done.

Also nice to see some other streamer names being given, I'll give a look through some of these.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Love Cohh for the chill vibes but he had been playing games I like to play at some point so have not tuned in a lot.

Zeke is also fantastic, more high energy and loud but all in jest and him playing old point and click games and older adventure games is a blast. His Leisure Larry play throughs were gold.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I second ChristopherOdd. I mainly follow him for Youtube but he's an extremely chill and nice guy all around. One would say that's because he's canadian.

But i must, say i don't know many english speaking streamers that seem "chill" and nice. On the french ones, i know a bunch more that fill the category of good and chill dudes (we still have plenty of screeching idiots, let it be assured).

lemonade

May 8, 2018
No. He gets distracted way too much and pays sometimes only 50% attention during important cutscenes. Always messaging someone on his other monitor.

He recently also had the flaming hot take that he thinks Yakuza 7's dub is better than the sub.

OP
OP

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Watch more Twitch? There are plenty of chill people out there. Cohh isn't exactly a non-screamer either. Watch his Demon's Souls remake streams.

hahaha, Yeah I was actually watching these (btw I dont do twitch, I only watch on youtube) there were quite a few instances where he did "scream" .... But honestly that's the first time he's been doing that, and this was the first time he was playing Demon Souls, so I dont mind .... think I've watched 10 videos of it so far and it was actually really great seeing him play for the first time (mine as well) , but all his reactions seemed pretty genuine.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Timthetatman
Fitzyhere

These are the only two I watch

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017

Maybe this might help?

For me at least, I enjoy his games because we both seem to have similar tastes and he actually gives some decent commentary on the games he does, rather than "fake reactions" if that makes sense. One of the reasons I got into Divinity 2 Original Sin, played it and finished multiple times is because of him as I wasnt familar with CRPGS, but watching his videos helped me understand how the core gameplay mechanics/loop is done.

Also nice to see some other streamer names being given, I'll give a look through some of these.

Thanks!

I have nothing against the guy and I can see the appeal, it's just not for me. I suppose podcasts already fill that space for me in a way. When I want to listen to people chit chat about games, for whatever reason I prefer an audio-only format. e.g. I used to listen to the Bombcast regularly but I would never watch their streams.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of the best variety streamers for sure in my opinion, been following him since August 2013. I think what sets him apart from a lot of others is his community is truly amazing (most of the time). If you're a fan you should check out itmeJP's frieNDA session with Cohh where you learn a lot more about the man behind the stream, his past careers, early streaming etc.

I also think in terms of the professionalism of his stream, he's up there. He gets entirely new emote sets/overlays for most big new releases for instance. It's not exactly Dr Disrespect levels of production but its a lot more than most.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Nah. Cohn is fine but he's just not that entertaining. Lirik, Max, and Hasan are the best streamers out there.

OP
OP

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
He's alright. He can be fairly misogynistic/sexist at times. It certainly raised an eyebrow or two when he said he doesn't like playing as women because he can't emphasize with them.

Also, his community isn't as squeaky clean as he likes to portray. Some of the most despicable disgusting takes I've ever had the displeasure to read on the internet came out of his chat during his TLOU 2 playthrough.

In short; he's no Jeff Green.

Interesting.

Good thing I'm on youtube, so I cant see his chats .... But the sexist/misogynistic stuff, I will admit I havnt really noticed him saying any of that stuff outright. as I love RPG's and Cohh usually creates characters that looks like him in games, which is fair because hes a white dude and i'm a brown dude, so I tend to tend to create brown male characters for my mains. Unless I get a choice, so then I select the one that has the best look/voice over ... Like how I chose Kassandra for AC odyssey and wouldnt have it any other way.

If anything, I remember him during the BLM protests and supporting them on twitter. I reckon he's good people.

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
I tried to watch CohhCarnage since he seems to be recommended a lot around here but I just couldn't get into him. I can see the appeal though.

My top two are Vinesauce and Jerma. Vinny strikes a good balance of chill/goofy and Jerma is hilarious but his chat is extremely obnoxious.

Other than that I'll occasionally watch:

- Jabroni_Mike (drummer in Vinny's band)
- ZFG (mainly for his Zelda: OoT randomizer runs)
- Joseph Anderson (surprisingly funny most of the time)
- RubberNinja (rarely, depends on the games he plays)

Everill

Banned
Dec 2, 2018
Nah, honestly fuck him, he is in CP2077. I've not heard a single thing coming from him talking about the transphobia in there? or the crunch. I've seen some very gross things in his chat in the past and he just acts like chat is the best. A while back I definitely thought "he seems like a good person" that has definitely changed. Good people with an audience don't just sit idly by in silence when bigotry is around, especially when he is in that game.

So fuck him, and if that is the "best of streamers" it's all even more fucked.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, honestly fuck him, he is in CP2077. I've not heard a single thing coming from him talking about the transphobia in there? or the crunch. I've seen some very gross things in his chat in the past and he just acts like chat is the best. A while back I definitely thought "he seems like a good person" that has definitely changed. Good people with an audience don't just sit idly by in silence when bigotry is around, especially when he is in that game.

So fuck him, and if that is the "best of streamers" it's all even more fucked.

Yeah this, he's all too willing to sweep criticism of his sponsors under the rug.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
I second ChristopherOdd. I mainly follow him for Youtube but he's an extremely chill and nice guy all around. One would say that's because he's canadian.

This. I highly recommend checking ChristopherOdd out. He's the most normal/grounded LP-er I have had the pleasure of watching on Youtube, and also manages to be quite entertaining and thorough with the games he plays.

Jan 10, 2018
Being totally devoured by Flight Simulator lately I think that Squirrel is one of the best streamer I've found. He's almost made me want to become a real pilot.

Oct 25, 2017
The Hololive girls (and Holostars boys) are my favorites. They actually made me switch to watching streams on youtube and even had me watching a bunch of Minecraft, which is a game I never cared about. The good their streams did for me is hard to put into words. I never imagined watching streams could do this to me.

Never cared about Vtubers before either.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's Limmy.
IRL update followed by an improv story and some trucking/DBD/indie game has made lockdown so much more bearable. He does what he wants and shills nothing, it's refreshing.

Blahem's been taken mate.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Cohh is fine, he plays interesting mix of stuff. But he does this simple thing that bugs me every time..

Playing the game, something happens, and does this wide eye stare to the side not saying anything as the chat goes weird making lols and jokes. Every time. Such an overdone bit and he does it all the time.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For gaming streams I like watching Trihex. Such a good streamer with chill vibes in his community

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Limmy is probably the best gotta rep a fellow Scot. Lirik is chill as well, been watching him for years.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Limmy. He's the only streamer I've seen ban people for using the R word, tolerates no nonsense either so his community is actually a lot of fun.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
No thats Dansgaming IMO. I also like Lirik when we stick to Twitch.

Cohh is fine, but not really that ... I dunno.

If we include YT the Hololive EN girls are my favs there.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To be honest, I watch different streamers depending on my mood and what game they're playing. For instance I got quite into Valorant so I watch a lot of Hiko, JasonR and sgares at the moment. But other times I wanna watch someone play something story related so might watch Cohh depending on what he's playing or maybe some Hob as that's always funny watching him try to do no hit runs.

I love Dansgaming too though, I followed him back on Justin tv!

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vinesauce Vinny is the best streamer there is. Just a mature chat (compared to other streams) mixed with silly moments here and then.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The Hololive girls (and Holostars boys) are my favorites. They actually made me switch to watching streams on youtube and even had me watching a bunch of Minecraft, which is a game I never cared about. The good their streams did for me is hard to put into words. I never imagined watching streams could do this to me.

Ive been binging the longhaul streams of AC Valhalla by Inugami Korone. Her streams are just pure joy.
The only EN streamer im watching currently is Gab Smolders. Entertaining, down to earth and she has two very cute cats.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry everyone the best streamer is katbamkapow nothing more to say except they're the best.

Astrates

Sep 13, 2020
ChristopherOdd is on yt, but also streams and is cool.
Odd is definitely up there for me. About the longest I've been subscribed to a YouTube channel is his because he plays games much like I would (though I like to think my puzzle solving might be better haha, though credit it where its due he's damn good at strategy games) and there's just no hyperactive bullshit going on.

Extra credit for him for being able to say voice lines of his characters before they happen an unholy number of times.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017

Same. I haven't played Minecraft in almost a decade and yet I've watched a ton of Minecraft streams since I found Hololive.