Is Gran Turismo a reason why you are getting a PS5?

• Yes, I'm always interested in anything Gran Turismo

• Yes, but only if it is more like the traditional Gran Turismo games

• No, I just don't care for those types of games

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 5457

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's a tech demo, as I don't like realistic or semi realistic racers. But I love the design and atmosphere it brings, it is so unique. And it is playstation through and through.

Sams88

Oct 9, 2019
After how immensely they dropped the ball will Gran Turismo Sport, I would not at all base my console purchase around Polyphony Digital's efforts. Maybe they will get the series back to its roots....maybe they will continue to be this alienating eSports festival that only has like 120 esoteric sportscars.

The only encouraging thing is that the user numbers on GT Sport are so bad that they can probably no longer justify heavy investment in their e-league stuff.
In some regards I do agree with you. But the bigger picture is PD did need to rebuild everything from scratch for PS4 wth a view to also being ready for PS5. For too long they'd relied on legacy assets to bump numbers, but it just led to inconsistent quality, and performance issues.

In the subsequent couple of years the car & track count has been doubled with anything but a focus just on sportscars. A more comprehensive single player (though not full CaRPG) has been added, more features, refinements etc. It's probably the most polished Sony 1st Party game to date. Add all that to the best physics, modelling, sound design, online etc. to date. And it's easy to see how they have a great base to build on with GT7.

The online Sport mode has a regular 60k-80k players per week. It may not sound a lot for 8m-9m total players. But it's an immensely strong online competition. Myself, I'm not good enough to compete. I also previously had zero interest in eSports. But as a motorsport fan the FIA TV presentations are as entertaining as any real life motorsport. Each show see's refinements, the drivers are becoming 'star's' in their own right. Plus we're starting to see the introduction of Pro/Am and celebrity races which is boosting viewership and media profile.

GT7 will return the CaRPG element. But Sport mode is here to stay. It will be a stable of Sony's move to promote eSports.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah because other racers have surpassed GT - the appeal of it isn't there anymore as evident in the massive price drop of GT Sport after a month on the market.

I'm getting it because of Sony's strong first party titles not including GT. They are really good at enabling their studios.

I get my racing fix with other racers.
Crazy talk, no game has taken GT's spot. Care to ellaborate?

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
Not at all. My main reason I'm getting PS5 is just to play current PS4 games without NOISE hopefully

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Kind of a weird, old fashioned thread title. This is a question to ask right before ps2 comes out, maybe ps3.

I am excited about the new trigger controls, since I've always liked racing games but never bought a racing wheel. But no, I'm not getting a ps5 for GT or any racing games at all. But I'm buying it.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been a big GT person. I prefer full on arcade racers, so GT doesn't really play a part in me wanting a PS5.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
It got me to buy a PS4 and it's the only game on play on there, so yeah I'll probably buy a PS5 just for the next one.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Crazy talk, no game has taken GT's spot. Care to ellaborate?
I don't want to get into system wars or anything for bringing up Forza and Forza Horizon. The summation of reviews have repeatedly shown that they are better games. This is not biased towards any console maker.

Fact too, there was a huge price drop for GTS after a month on the market. In this thread, they even say it's been 19.99 in Europe for a week.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to get into system wars or anything for bringing up Forza and Forza Horizon. The summation of reviews have repeatedly shown that they are better games. This is not biased towards any console maker.

Fact too, there was a huge price drop for GTS after a month on the market. In this thread, they even say it's been 19.99 in Europe for a week.

Gran Turismo is known by a lot more people than Forza, Gran Turismo's got most of the brand deals. They get exclusive reveals, they have events centered around the brand. Professional racers know and play and some even started racing with the GT series. What the Forza games have over the GT games is quantity, they've never had close to the same impact or pedigree that the GT series has

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Gran turismo games have always been my most played games on PS consoles, but they are never that decisive factor for me to purchase a console.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I like Gran Turismo but they come out so infrequently that I'm not going to make a console choice based on it.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Poll is definitely missing a no variant option. I love racing games and do enjoy GT. But i will not buy a PS5 just for GT either.

While i do enjoy Sport, it is IMO a far cry from the best polphany has done. I am enjoying Forza more as series as each entry still improves the game for the most part and i know i will get more than 1-2 games a generation

Last edited: