• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
They just hit 10 million subs on youtube so i think they are doing better than ever

I know I should stop holding on to the "if I stop caring about something, that obviously means everyone else stopped caring about something" mindset, but I'm legit curious how they're still this popular? Especially in this age of alternative gaming sites and game channels.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I know I should stop holding on to the "if I stop caring about something, that obviously means everyone else stopped caring about something" mindset, but I'm legit curious how they're still this popular? Especially in this age of alternative gaming sites and game channels.
No idea. I also thought gaming sites have been dying but looks like some are doing better than ever thanks to YouTube

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
buncha blokes all talking about what is or isnt appropriate for women to wear, going and hunting for peoples IGs.

era has some way to go. do yourselves a favour and just lock this thread.

yuck.
Perhaps the creepiest thread I've seen in a while, not because of the subject of the thread but the whole analyzing of what she wears in her free time and others deciding for her what she shouldn't wear, yikes.

It's a recognizable format I think? Their stuff reminds me of a TV program which is easier to digest for most people, it's short, easily explained and to the point. The general (casual) gaming public might prefer that over some dude who's overanslyzing everything with some trailers/gameplay in the background and a cartoon version of himself all plastered over the video.
Oh yeah and they're a househould name in the industry, they've been doing this for years and have build up a fanbase.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
This thread is bizarre.

Female sexualization is really an undisputable thing in all forms of media, television, advertisement, etc etc, especially in the world of video games culture. How is it that saying that IGN may indeed sexualizing their female anchor to entice people to consume their content and criticizing that all of a sudden construed as an attack towards the freedom of what women can wear? I mean, huh? What?

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sex sells, like it or not.

Edit: holy shit I just read the rest of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your minds. Really makes you second guess where some people are coming from when you get into debates on here with people claiming to be "progressive".

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This thread:
MZbV.gif

Please for the love of god lock this abomination. All discussions have fully run their course. Make it stop.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Job of being a show host? Do you honestly believe how a person looks plays no part on whether or not they're hired to be a show host?

Yeah, it can, but guess what, sometimes subjectively "good-looking people" can also be educated, trained and be good candidates for the job they get given, based on merit and personality. What's the world supposed to do, lock all subjectively "good-looking people" in a cupboard and keep them away from the eyes of society? Even if they genuinely have a good education and experience for a job?

She used to work with Buzzfeed, so has experience in the media industry, and has a degree from Uni according to linkedin. So, you know, maybe don't use this person as your example of whatever the fuck you are trying.

As I've satirized a few times now, this is becoming like an incel thread. Hey there woman, did anyone tell you, you might only have this job because you workout and inherited some genes from your parents that gave you certain sized assets or taller than average height? Us guys know how to spot these things. Maybe stick to loose fitting clothing if your breasts are a certain size. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.