• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I think so. Just look at some preview videos. Its like an animated movie!

Whos hyped?

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I honestly think the lighting is godtier but "best looking game on switch"? I am not seeing it. Maybe youtube compression or the videos don't do it justice.
Or maybe just not a huge fan of the art style so I can't notice

Andromeda

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me. Luigi's mansion 2, the superior game with stereoscopic 3D, was already one of the best looking game on 3DS.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. I played it a month or so back, and the performance left a lot to be desired. Input lag was very noticeable and performance was definitely not a steady 30fps.

Mario Kart is still the best looking Switch game, and it's going to take a lot to dethrone it.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Once I get my hands on it, I think it may win me over as my favorite looking Switch game. Only ones that come close are Odyssey and BotW due to their impressive scale.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Based on the footage I've seen so far, it IS the best looking switch game as of yet in my humble opinion.

It's crazy how much better this looks visually than a game like Pokémon Sw/Sh for my tastes. I understand they are different types of games of course. Just a matter of preference.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there real evidence for this? This is the first time that I read about mediocre performance for this game.

The only evidence I have to give is my own personal experience. However I am typically fairly sensitive to these things. It was also just over a month ago so it may not be indicative of the final product.

The input lag was the most noticeable issue for me. It unfortunately didn't feel very good to control. I can't say how this compares to previous LM games since this was my first time playing one.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
The animations in this game are so amazing. There's so many and they're all so varied.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
This is the best in-game rendition of the mario cast ever made. It almost feels like next-gen.

What's up Britain, why are you so good at developing video games!?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, but it kind of cheats with that smooth Pixar-esque art style that Mario is known for where a lot of detailed textures aren't really required. I kind of think you won't get better looking than The Witcher 3 -- which looks a lot worse than other versions but still blows away the other games on the console imo.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I won't say it's the best looking just yet, I'll have to see it on the actual system first but it does look amazing. The art direction and animations are sublime.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I just love how much animation is in the game more than anything.

Oct 26, 2017
It looks great, but it kind of cheats with that smooth Pixar-esque art style that Mario is known for where a lot of detailed textures aren't really required. I kind of think you won't get better looking than The Witcher 3 -- which looks a lot worse than other versions but still blows away the other games on the console imo.
I disagree. The Witcher 3 being on the system in as good of a state as it is is a technical achievement but it's by no means among the better looking Switch games, at least from what I've seen so far. Games like Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe look much better, let alone Luigi's Mansion 3

BBsnakes

May 9, 2019
The only evidence I have to give is my own personal experience. However I am typically fairly sensitive to these things. It was also just over a month ago so it may not be indicative of the final product.

The input lag was the most noticeable issue for me. It unfortunately didn't feel very good to control. I can't say how this compares to previous LM games since this was my first time playing one.
none of the previewers mentioned input lag

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing came close to Xenoblade 2 docked yet, but this game is up there with the best

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
This will be my first Luigi's Mansion game, can't wait to get it after I am done with Links Awakening.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. The Witcher 3 being on the system in as good of a state as it is is a technical achievement but it's by no means among the better looking Switch games, at least from what I've seen so far. Games like Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe look much better, let alone Luigi's Mansion 3
Like I said in my last post all of these games in the Mario series get away with simpler geometry and graphics due to their art style. I agree it looks great but they aren't even attempting to strive for the complexity in detail that The Witcher 3 is.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how good it looks compared to the initial reveal. Of course people seem to be saying that about every new release for the Switch lately, most recently Astral Chain. Developers are just getting better and better at getting the most out of the system which is the natural progression for any console.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Like I said in my last post all of these games in the Mario series get away with simpler geometry and graphics due to their art style. I agree it looks great but they aren't even attempting to strive for the complexity in detail that The Witcher 3 is.
Yeah maybe objectively, but stuff like Odyssey/Luggis mansion looks amazing because it's designed for the system and its capablitiles.

DQ11 and the Witcher are technically impressive, but when the draw distance is absolutely horrendous (15 hours into DQ11 and it doesn't bother me but it's VERY noticeable) and texture/lighting cut back, it's not that good looking.

Oct 26, 2017
A more cartoony art-style doesn't mean that the graphics in those games aren't impressive, considering what the system is capable of. The textures and geometry are by no means lacking in those games. The Witcher 3 on Switch may be going for more realistic graphics but its visuals are also at a much lower resolution and the textures in a lot of areas are low quality, even when compared to just major Switch releases. Its impressive but a downgraded port will never look quite as good as a game made ground up for a system

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
For overall picture and presentation, aka what you see on screen

I still think it's Mario Kart 8

for 2 straight generations lol

for second place, LM3, BOTW, Smash Ultimate are there off the top of my head.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Astral chain was the first game I played on switch that felt next gen
Like it's visuals weren't compromised... I was impressed
LM3 looks pretty good too though.