• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Quiet the worst character design this gem?

• Yes

• Unfortunately not

Results are only viewable after voting.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
33e.jpg

Someone needs to set up a GoFundMe to pay for her breast reduction surgery.

Jun 23, 2019
Imagine the embarrassment of Joosten seeing this.

So you know exactly how she felt about having her likeness portrayed in the game or are you just speaking out of your ass? Also, I'm laughing at people thinking Quiet is anywhere near the worst designed character this gen. I'm taking it this thread means worst designed means most overtly sexual and not actual bad design.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
It really was not

When half of the exposure was ridiculing the obnoxiously sexist design, it is definitely not iconic.

I edited my original post.

Iconic prolly wasn't the right word, but it was definitely memorable.

Fits right into the world of MGS. People are acting like this is totally out of left field for a Kojima game lol.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say yes then I remembered Xenoblade 2 rabbit lady and yeah it's her (plus a lot of other characters in that game)

At least with Quiet you could eventually make her wear something kinda cool in-game later on

Fk3qNOf.png

The most you get for Pyra is basically a Hood of Shame

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
The majority of the art in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 certainly gives it a run for its money.

They're both terrible, but Quiet at least looks like a human that could exist (Albeit, it's a totally nonsensical design for the scenario and clearly just meant to titillate at every turn). Xenoblade's designs are so complete out of control with their character's proportions that it would be comical if it wasn't depressing.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Another example from Xenoblade 2 but I HATE Nim
latest

Like what is going on here. I dont understand the face or the feet or the bra or the foxes on her shoulders which are living apparently sentient beings

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
The worst? Nah. Up there? Yeah. People already posted the lady with back problems from Xenoblade. After playing Death Stranding with there being like zero of this fan service, I wonder if Kojima realized he should move on from it.

What was the excuse for this :P

nlPaPN.gif
Ummmmmmm....She's doing pre-battle stretches!

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
It's a shame she was a great NPC to take on missions. When I maxed out her level I would put on Maneater on snakes cassette player and watch her take out an entire base by her self. She was pretty bad ass, luckily you could cover her up. Too bad they wanted her skin exposure to make lore sense.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
So you know exactly how she felt about having her likeness portrayed in the game or are you just speaking out of your ass? Also, I'm laughing at people thinking Quiet is anywhere near the worst designed character this gen. I'm taking it this thread means worst designed means most overtly sexual and not actual bad design.

There are a number of ways a character design can be awful. Generally speaking, I think a lot of people believe that misogynistic designs are, in fact, very bad designs. And The Quiet is unquestionably a misogynistic design. I would argue she has one of the worst, most embarrassing designs in a game.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are a number of ways a character design can be awful. Generally speaking, I think a lot of people believe that misogynistic designs are, in fact, very bad designs. And The Quiet is unquestionably a misogynistic design. I would argue she has one of the worst, most embarrassing designs in a game.

Then you need to play more games. She's bad but nowhere near the worst.

Jun 23, 2019

In a world where Xenoblade 2 and others exist, I'd have to disagree.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this also kind of make 2B a bad design?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Like what is going on here. I dont understand the face or the feet or the bra or the foxes on her shoulders which are living apparently sentient beings

It looks like they handed a piece of paper to multiple artists, telling them that their distinct part of the character had to be totally different to the others

So you have the weird bunny face without any ears to back it up, magma feet, winter coat that might actually be body hair, no pants, shell bra, glowy gauntlets, and the Enigmatic Foxes

I'd be kinda on board with it if there's an actual narrative explanation (like she's the Missingno of blades or something) but I'm gonna guess there isn't

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
please dont talk for other people

oh sorry, she must be very proud. i... guess... yeah. go Quiet, do the lap dance!

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Xenoblade 2 had the worst design and utterly awful voice acting to boot. Quite annoyed I paid for it honestly

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
latest

Lol I forgot about that abomination. Such whack looking characters.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh look another Xenoblade Chronicles 2 thread where people complain about the same three designs like every time. Dahlia was even designed by Risa Ebata a woman and is suppose to be rabbit which why her design makes a ton of sense.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this also kind of make 2B a bad design?

2B is frequently criticized for similar reasons. I don't think she is nearly as egregious, but that is just my personal opinion on the matter. I certainly see why many people take issue with her.

In a world where Xenoblade 2 and others exist, I'd have to disagree.

Xenoblade 2 is unquestionably filled with absolute trash designs. It is all a garbage fire. Still, I think The Quiet gives them all a run for their money. Her case certainly isn't helped by how gross the framing of her character is in so many scenes in that game either (though that is, of course, not a facet of her design itself).

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh look another Xenoblade Chronicles 2 thread where people complain about the same three designs like every time. Dahlia was even designed by Risa Ebata a woman and is suppose to be rabbit which why her design makes a ton of sense.
Please explain Nim for me