• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
Scales over 2 generations and is probably the most impressive 120fps game on console.

But what takes it beyond any other engine is forge, oh my.... How can this not be the best engine, isn't this the epitome of engine flexing?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Isn't the engine not being up to par the reason why 343 had to delay so much of the post-launch HI content?

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Not even close from what I have seen of it in one game compared to countless others. Be it Unreal, Naughty Dogs, Decima etc.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Judging by your name you were going to choose one of two game engines and I feel you should have chosen Forzatech

Emzee

Sep 9, 2020
Forge is a map editor not an engine feature? Sorry, its a solid engine but its not even close to being the best.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No lol.
Unreal is great and is probably the most advanced engine out there right now, we just gotta see something use it but the tech powering it is nuts.

The RE Engine is also pretty great, but I think UE feature wise has it beat.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
"scales over 2 generations" is not impressive at all, that's like, pretty standard.

also, given all the issues infinite has with content delivery, its fairly safe to assume that the engine tools are probably not really in a good place for a live service type of game.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
What does Forge have to do with the engine being special?

Any engine could have its tools simplified and presented as a level editor if the budget and bandwidth was there to develop it.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
stuff im interested in is totally the best compared to stuff im not interested in

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
UE 5 is supposed to scale all the way down to mobile phones so...

Thats gonna be a no from me.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
charlie-murphy-laugh.gif

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Is the campaign performance on pc of halo infinite still pretty bad? If so I would say that already disqualifies it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about best but RE Engine - while far from perfect - has impressed me the most I think, and continues to do so.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There is never a scenario wherein a proprietary engine can be considered the "best" engine in the world. Proprietary engines are made for very specific projects and often times trying to get the tools to do other things, like an entire different genre, can lead to lots of project issues. There are tons of examples of that in the across the industry. Second, engine discussions on this site are so weird because so many people don't know anything about an engine beyond the surface level knowledge of what the renderer can produce in the end product. That along the a gamer's tendency to form parasocial relationships with studios, (especially ones tied to a specific console), leads to some really weird conclusions about how "good" an engine is. I.e multiple people ITT namedropping RE Engine because Capcom recently made a five year long comeback. The most frustrating part of that is that, two of the biggest toolsets in the industry are freely available to the public.

Also, this is a blatant stealth halo fanboyism thread. 😬

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
IW Engine that the Call of Duty devs is up there.

From a purely graphical perspective, I still think Frostbite is the best engine out. Everything else about it though is a mess lol

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's very much UE5.

But even if we were only talking about proprietary stuff that isn't open to anyone that wants to license it...it's going to be RE Engine or Decima.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
It certainly seems to scale nicely. Aside from that... what?

I don't even get the impression that the studio who made the Slipspace engine particularly like working with it at the moment, lol.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamers are way too obsessed with engines lol. Especially when the vast majority of people have minimal understanding of what a game engine even is.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
Uhh they've only made one game with the engine haven't they? I don't know what makes it special when there are literally countless other games that release cross gen in different engines.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think its a good engine and people dont give it enough credit for what it accomplishes because of its flaws but in terms of proprietary engines I feel like Asobo's flight sim engine, REDEngine, And maybe ForzaTech or Polyphonys are equally as good. Unreal is the best overall probably.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.