Votes: 350 32.2%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 79 7.3%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This movie....

Without a doubt, it's the least best of Nolan's trilogy, undeniably.

I find the first act to be really slow and then the more I think about Bane's plan, the more it falls apart... (like how does Batman get back into Gotham after its locked down?)

I do like the scene where Bane reveals the truth about Harvey Dent... that was well-paced and executed well.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1e1L.gif

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's the only movie that had large enough plot holes/contrivances that I was thinking about them in real time during my first viewing (usually I'll notice one when thinking about a film later or talking about it online).

Outside of that, I don't think it's a bad or poorly made film. I liked Bane.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Broad strokes it's fine I suppose but ultimately all logic, good film making, common sense goes out the window far too often making it a bit shit and for them to be so obvious it just grates immensely.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
It's a weird one, that's for sure.
It's an okay movie, but not the type of "it was meh, it had a passable story, it had passable action, yada yada" but more like, the average of it's parts make it okay...
It had good moments, it had bad moments, it had badass moments, it had "so bad that it's just bad" moments, most scenes had great pacing, but the movie's pacing as a whole was a mess...
So, it's more of a rollercoaster of good and bad, than a flatline of meh.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
You're not really supposed to think too hard about the mechanics of the plot. You can if you want to, but it will frustrate and annoy you. Movie is more a conceptual portrait of Batman being burned out and figuring out his place in Gotham.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It is the logical conclusion of what would happen if you made another Dark Knight-style movie without Heath Ledger's performance.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's entertaining, but not as good as the first two.

IMO it goes too far in ignoring common sense to force out "big moments" that the movie wants to do. All three Nolan Batman movies do this to an extent, but TDKR does it way more, and is too egregious about it.

Nolan Batman movies try to go for this very dark and serious air, but TDKR crosses its own lines so often that it instead comes across as a popcorn flick.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
It's messy but still entertaining. Don't think too hard about it and it's enjoyable.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's alright.

For me, like with a lot of post Prestige Nolan movies, he plays with themes and ideas that are a lot more interesting than he can actually execute. His writing tends to drag down his directing.

And in this case, it feels very much like a film that was more slapped together than most, which probably has to do with the death of Heath Ledger throwing off their original intent for the third movie.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's bad and I noticed the bad right there in the theatres, not through repeated viewings of gifs and such.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Ill be generous and say that taken as part of a larger trilogy, despite all its flaws and plotholes, it's a decent enough conclusion to the story and themes of a larger story. That being said, as a kinda-sorta adaptation of the Knightfall storyline? It fucking sucks. Still waiting for Real Bane to appear onscreen.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Real good, just short of great. Its ambition exceeds its reach, but it's better than the vast majority of supe films.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
It's good and if you could tweak a few key scenes a bit it would be undeniably great for me.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's the worst of the trilogy, but superior to many DC movies we've been getting lately.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It's great. Hardy's incredible performance as Bane and one of Hans Zimmer's best scores.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember giving the film a lot of criticism at release at the old place and people were upset by it. It hasn't aged well at all either.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
This thread reminded its inevitable we are gonna get Joseph Gordon-Levitts Batman in some multiverse bs cameo/supporting role in the next decade.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
No poll? I thought it was decent and wouldn't mind if it's playing in the background. A bad movie to me is Suicide Squad and it was so much better than that thing.