• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
It really does.

Also, has anyone talked about this yet?

aed.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I would be pretty surprised if Nintendo couldn't get out a new 2D Mario game or a big new IP this year.

If their biggest first party game of the year ends up being something like Wind Waker+Twilight Princess HD, then they're going to have a bad year.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah it is.

Nintendo has done a really good job securing third party content for Switch. But don't expect to hear about all of it in a single Direct. There will be announcements throughout the year.

I'm not asking for any specific details, but can you say there will be any new first party announcements tommorrow?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Chibi-Robo the Flaming? I thought not. It's not a story Nintendo would tell you. It's an ERA legend. Chibi-Robo was a Switch owner, so powerful and so wise he could use the ERA threads to influence Nintendo to create megatons… He had such a knowledge of the memes that he could even keep the games he cared about from being cancelled. The meme side of the internet is a pathway to many games some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught Weiner Mii everything he knew, then Weiner Mii cancelled his franchise. Ironic. He could save others from cancellation, but not himself.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nineteen minutes until Metroid Prime 4, Pokémon Stars, Pikmin 4, Super Mario Odyssey 2, The Legend of Zelda: Smelly Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion 3, Star Fox One, Earthbound 2, and Metal Gear Solid V: Chapter III are released on 3DS and Switch LET'S GO

Edit: oh, and Smash 5 too I guess

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
that's what I was gonna say. At this point, I think Fire Emblem is bigger than Metroid in terms of sales.
It is.

FE, Kirby, and Yoshi is a decent start.
Then AC is all but guaranteed imo. Since the mobile game.
I don't see a lack of 1st party games happening to be honest.

Also, what huge 3rd party games could be announced in 2018 and come out in 2018, that would be big needle shifters??

We already know MHW isn't happening (at least this year, if ever)
DQ11 up in the air for 2018.
FF7, KH3? No news so not likely happening.
No DBZ announcement yet.
Huge Western games? I doubt it. It can get CoD and Fifa I guess.

It would have to be new exclusives, which also seems unlikely for Switch's 2nd year considering how slow companies have been.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

Nintendo's strategy with 2018 is to rely on third party stuff + ports of Nintendo games.

They believe that's enough to hold them over until 2019 when they bring out the big guns. (Metroid, etc)

If smash is one of those ports than I'm 100% fine with that.

Mumford

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get some sleep but I don't want to miss the show q.q

Well I'd say that there's no way you'd miss the actual Direct itself, they usually come days after the announcement. So unless you're here to witness the euphoria experienced by all of the hype boys here when this thing is actually announced, I doubt that you'll miss anything. Get some sleep. It's likely that this won't even be announced while you're down.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I would be pretty surprised if Nintendo couldn't get out a new 2D Mario game or a big new IP this year.

If their biggest first party game of the year ends up being something like Wind Waker+Twilight Princess HD, then they're going to have a bad year.
I can't see a world without the new Retro game this year. Would just be insane to take so long for ONE game (not even a multiplat title).

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

Nintendo's strategy with 2018 is to rely on third party stuff + ports of older games.

They believe that's enough to hold them over until 2019 when they bring out the big guns. (Metroid, etc)
and were is this so called jan 11 direct? ya fool of hot air on this one as well as with this post

Status
Not open for further replies.