• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I've been wondering if there's a way to get MS office free I'm frequently on Word and want to know if there's some code or something that would allow me to keep using it free. I'm not really sure if the other alternatives would ruin any compatibility with fonts and other effects I have in my documents. I'd preferably like to keep Microsoft Office if possible.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
You could use Office Online, which is a basic version of Office (has most/all of the basic functionality). You can access it via Office.com or OneDrive.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been wondering if there's a way to get MS office free I'm frequently on Word and want to know if there's some code or something that would allow me to keep using it free. I'm not really sure if the other alternatives would ruin any compatibility with fonts and other effects I have in my documents. I'd preferably like to keep Microsoft Office if possible.

I think I need some examples of this before I can make a recommendation

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just use Google docs nowadays for most things. The only way to get office for free is with student licenses as far as I know.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

Ask a college student for a copy, they can get keys cheap or for free depending on their degree.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I need some examples of this before I can make a recommendation
mvmxuagqxg.jpg

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Office Online or Office Mobile (if you have a tablet w/a screen of 10 inches or less).

Otherwise, you pay for a copy. Older copies can be had cheaper if you don't need the most recent version.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
YOu can't get it for free unless student but you can get it for 20 bucks in some circles. It is what I use for my computers.

ShaheedMalik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Word Online
www.office.com

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
Ask around to see if any of your friends is part of the Microsoft Office "Home Use Program". They can purchase a license for a dollar.

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
We have a partnership program through our corporate perks website that lets me get certain Microsoft products like Office for $10.

Maybe you have access to something similar...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Not necessarily free but there are gray-market subreddits where you can buy Microsoft keys on the cheap.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I paid ÂŁ5.50 on ebay for an Office 2016 Pro key like a year ago. It was tied to my Microsoft ID after the first install and that was it. Works great.

Don't know how or where from exactly, but ebay is full of em.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Yea, I do the same and I've had no problems whatsoever. I'm still curious as to how it's legit but so cheap, but I don't complain.

Cheap, yes. Legit, no. You might as well just pirate in that case, as you don't have a legit license either way.

Not necessarily free but there are gray-market subreddits where you can buy Microsoft keys on the cheap.

I paid ÂŁ5.50 on ebay for an Office 2016 Pro key like a year ago. It was tied to my Microsoft ID after the first install and that was it. Works great.

Don't know how or where from exactly, but ebay is full of em.

Not legit. Can be randomly disabled (as seen on the prior forum in the B/S/T thread) since they are in violation of licensing terms.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Most colleges have agreements with Microsoft. You can usually get either the office pro version or the home version if you log into office365 through your college email

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on your employer you may be able to buy it for really cheap through the Home Use Program, can put your work email in on this page to find out if you qualify.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
1. Find deadbeat community college student.
2. Give him $20 to redeem his student copy of microsoft office on your computer.
3. ????
4. Invest in cryptocurrencies

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
There's Office Online for a Google Docs equivalent. The Mobile version from the Store is free for editing, though for new docs you'd need a way to create them. If you can use Office via a work/school account you might be able to use that license home.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I buy through my employer for $30. Like the entire suite. Most of the time I don't even bother installing on my PC. I would check with your parents to see if they quality through their employers.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I don't like the idea of paying a subscription fee so i just got an activation key for Office 2016 for $20 off ebay.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
If you're in college, check with your school to see if they offer it. Barring that, Google Docs is pretty good

Nov 28, 2017
Sweden
Various styles and fonts. I wonder if they will port to open office.
It's free so all you have to lose by trying is like a couple of minutes. And 99% of all formats (probably 100% of all fonts you have in Word) are in TrueType or OpenType format which LibreOffice definitely supports. As for effects I don't know (hint: don't use wordart).