Oct 28, 2017
Everything after Anderton inadvertently murders Leo Crowe is so fucking bad. Like, just the absolute worst Spielberg tendencies wrapped up neatly in one final act that feels so wrong for a movie of this type. Anderton proves that the system doesn't work ... there is a 'minority report', human have free will and can choose. Their actions aren't predetermined. Anderton and his wife make amends and she ends up pregnant. The Precogs live out their days peacefully on a little house on a prairie. What a false and pat piece of shit ending

Jun 10, 2018
There's a psychological thriller/horror film called Pet which released some years ago which if not for the ending I would have regarded in the same breath as Alien/T1/Carpenter's The Thing.

It was that close to being perfect.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Glass was great until I realized that it was almost over and that they weren't going beyond that parking lot and that Mr Glass was actually a clueless dolt who had very little idea what he was doing but was saved by the utter incompetence of everyone else on earth.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Devil Inside ends in a cliffhanger that cuts to black, says 'the mystery was never solved', then a URL pops up that leads you to a site that advertises the movie.

That's the end.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This too. A lot of it has to do with the fact that the threat and the characters' behaviors work as a metaphor but not in the context of the movie. It's invisible, not intangible, but this distinction is never used to the protagonist's advantage. Maybe pelt it with flour or paint if the plan was to have your friend shoot at it, yeah? Or maybe think of that before the brilliant plan of luring it into a pool lined with toasters.

Then because they wrote themselves into a corner with an apparently unstoppable force and really stupid characters, it just kinda ends.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
Sunshine has the GOAT worst third act. Its one of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time for the first two acts and then turns into complete shit.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything after Anderton inadvertently murders Leo Crowe is so fucking bad. Like, just the absolute worst Spielberg tendencies wrapped up neatly in one final act that feels so wrong for a movie of this type. Anderton proves that the system doesn't work ... there is a 'minority report', human have free will and can choose. Their actions aren't predetermined. Anderton and his wife make amends and she ends up pregnant. The Precogs live out their days peacefully on a little house on a prairie. What a false and pat piece of shit ending
You don't remember Scullibundo's post on the double ending.

It's great when you look at it that way.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I Am Legend was worse, because the book already had an all-time great ending and they just cast it aside for a bad ending.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Sunshine can't be topped here considering how good it's first two acts were.

Also, this is a show and not a movie but Refn's Too old to die young ranks.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i thought Possum kind of went limp once it started explaining everything outright to you

also Titanic completely fell apart in the third act

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This too. A lot of it has to do with the fact that the threat and the characters' behaviors work as a metaphor but not in the context of the movie. It's invisible, not intangible, but this distinction is never used to the protagonist's advantage. Maybe pelt it with flour or paint if the plan was to have your friend shoot at it, yeah?

This sounds like an episode of Scooby Doo.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Come on, man. This is Spielberg we're talking about here. Where is the tip-off to the audience that none of this was real?

Like the literal guy screaming to the audience "They Say you have VISIONS, that your life flashes before your eyes that ALL YOUR DREAMS ... come true"

k6DukZU.png

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
A lot of the best horror comes from having these awesome, fantastic premises or monsters with no way to wrap up the story in a satisfying way

The "rules" for Us when fully explained fully broke the movie for me. They make absolutely no sense. It would have been better to leave it vague than try to explain it the way they did.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The "rules" for Us when fully explained fully broke the movie for me. They make absolutely no sense. It would have been better to leave it vague than try to explain it the way they did.

yea, i thought i wanted some answers, until i got them, then i didn't want them anymore