Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was wrong with It Follows? Teens battling an unkillable force they don't understand, they come up with a plan, plan doesn't work, they think they killed it, they didn't. It's like how the teens in movies try and kill Freddy or Jason.

Dec 1, 2017
Everything after Anderton inadvertently murders Leo Crowe is so fucking bad. Like, just the absolute worst Spielberg tendencies wrapped up neatly in one final act that feels so wrong for a movie of this type. Anderton proves that the system doesn't work ... there is a 'minority report', human have free will and can choose. Their actions aren't predetermined. Anderton and his wife make amends and she ends up pregnant. The Precogs live out their days peacefully on a little house on a prairie. What a false and pat piece of shit ending

The ending was a dream. In addition to the warden's quote, the screen literally fades to white after they halo Anderton. It was a brillant move.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
I never had an issue with how Minority Report ended.

My only complaint with the film is the slapstick humor, some of which feels out of place.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine.

One of the more interesting sci-fi films in recent memory with some GODLY cinematography devolving into a by-the-numbers slasher with the cinematography going into a toilet.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn, all the Sunshine posts.

You're all right too, Sunshine's 3rd act was such a letdown.
It was so good up until then though. That music.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, maybe it's too neat on certain aspects, but the overall thrust of there actually being a minority report is neither unearned nor unexpected.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, man. This is Spielberg we're talking about here. Where is the tip-off to the audience that none of this was real?

Like the literal guy screaming to the audience "They Say you have VISIONS, that your life flashes before your eyes that ALL YOUR DREAMS ... come true"

k6DukZU.png
this is one of the best owns i have ever seen

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it counts as that good, but Happy Feet was a pretty fun movie until about halfway through, it decided to beat you over the head with an environmentalism message for the rest of the movie.

I agree with the message, but the tone change came out of fucking nowhere. The movie suddenly sidelined all of its subplots to become super preachy.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It Follows falls apart in the premise alone. A good chunk of horror should be fear of the unknown, but the monster there is known pretty damn well. Should have been dealt with years ago.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
There's a psychological thriller/horror film called Pet which released some years ago which if not for the ending I would have regarded in the same breath as Alien/T1/Carpenter's The Thing.

It was that close to being perfect.

Excuse me, but I AM perfect, thanks.

(I want to watch this now for the name but I hate horror...)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It Follows third act was fine. Same with Us. Coincidentally enough I just rewatched US today.

My pick would be Roman J. Israel Esq.

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, I dont remember the ending being baf at all. I thought the film was a modern-day classic. Maybe i should watch it again.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
The "rules" for Us when fully explained fully broke the movie for me. They make absolutely no sense. It would have been better to leave it vague than try to explain it the way they did.
So so sick and tired of vague horror movie endings. I am a big horror movie buff and there is nothing worse than a vague ending. Its the ultimate let down for me. I much prefer solid explanations like Us, Get Out and VVitch. Each of these movies falls apart under logic, but they feel complete. They arent supposed to be reality, they require you to suspend your disbelief and go along for the ride. But they offer a complete picture of an alternate reality.

I loved Us because it felt complete. I feel like too many times directors use vague or open ended endings as a crutch and it is especially overused in the horror genre.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Once Hemsworth arrives the movie goes in the tank, and I like Hemsworth.
I was surprised at how quick it seemed to moving at the beginning.
I'd say the trouble began just a little bit before that,
the second time you see Jon Hamm die
I was hoping he'd pick it back up, and I think he did a fairly good performance (the whole cast did pretty well, really!), but the story 😕 had pretty much been told by that point?
It really felt like they took their time up to that point, but rushed the rest before the assignment was due.

It also felt like there was also a lot of...what the kids call filler.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I thought Glass was great until I realized that it was almost over and that they weren't going beyond that parking lot and that Mr Glass was actually a clueless dolt who had very little idea what he was doing but was saved by the utter incompetence of everyone else on earth.

ima salt bae yo ass

But really, it was a pretty disappointing film/

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
So so sick and tired of vague horror movie endings. I am a big horror movie buff and there is nothing worse than a vague ending. Its the ultimate let down for me. I much prefer solid explanations like Us, Get Out and VVitch. Each of these movies falls apart under logic, but they feel complete. They arent supposed to be reality, they require you to suspend your disbelief and go along for the ride. But they offer a complete picture of an alternate reality.

I loved Us because it felt complete. I feel like too many times directors use vague or open ended endings as a crutch and it is especially overused in the horror genre.

I'm the complete opposite. I prefer horror films to leave things to interpretation. Kill list being a great example.