Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Forced bombs in vaginas are so funny lol...us gamers huh? Just firing up a chill round of Smash with my bros and laughing at the vagina bomb references. LOL! Great job Nintendo, I love that sort of joke in my family friendly Nintendo games

Yes I'm being sarcastic, what a gross thing to do.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dt3qCAOXQAAIIjt.jpg

This seems a bit obscure and maybe a bit morbid but also too spot on and these references are normal for Smash spirits (I don't play)? Are there other examples? Pls inform.

If unaware - MGS Ground Zeroes spoilers:
You rescue Paz and aboard the rescue helicopter it's revealed she had a bomb surgically implanted in her. It gets removed but there is another one elsewhere so she ends up dying. Bob-omb equipped!

Poor Paz.
It is very on purpose

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Forced bombs in vaginas are so funny lol...us gamers huh? Just firing up a chill round of Smash with my bros and laughing at the vagina bomb references. LOL! Great job Nintendo, I love that sort of joke in my family friendly Nintendo games

Yeah. What the fuck. Am I reading that a sexually abused character (reading about rape involving the character earlier in the thread?) that's implanted with bombs and ends up dying due to one in a potentially vulgar area is supposed to be amusing?

I'm still trying to find the context where this isn't disgusting. Or are these statements about the character in this question false?

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

Don't be so sensitive.You are taking in totally the wrong way. It's a reference to her role in the series. Why are you focusing on the vagina?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. What the fuck. Am I reading that a sexually abused character (reading about rape involving the character earlier in the thread?) that's implanted with bombs and ends up dying due to one in a potentially vulgar area is supposed to be amusing?

I'm still trying to find the context where this isn't disgusting. Or are these statements about the character in this question false?
People are laughing more at the fact that Sakurai's team actually chose to reference it in Smash due to how bizarre it is. Nobody thinks the thing it's referencing is funny.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

It's a cheeky reference to the fact the character has a bomb inside her. That's it. All the spirits are like that

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is definitely intentional and something that's a nod for series fans playing Smash and no one else.
Since most aren't even gonna make the connection. Which is usually what a good nod ends up being.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about the SNUKE.

Really Sakurai? I think her spirit could have been something cuter since the morbid shit only happens to her/Chico in MGS Ground Zeroes.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

what if I told you fiction isn't real and people often find things funny in fiction that would be dark in real life

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
It's on purpose, obviously, and very, very funny. It's the Mr Sandman from Punch Out/Donkey Kong WoL battle that you guys should probably be more concerned about.

SusumuStreet

Jan 2, 2018
Lol 100% on purpose but a joke that nobody but adults who played MGSGZ will get anyway. Kind of like all those adult jokes that go over kids heads in old cartoons and family friendly movies.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Turns out hideo kojima may be a huge hack. ::shrug::

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some of you oversensitive types should get over yourselves. It's a fictional character from a series that some consider bizarre and campy

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit, LMAO. First time in ages that i actually am laughing my ass off.

I guess ultimate is worthy the 60 dollar price.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Savage Nintendo is interesting. Kudos to them for the dark humour

Last edited: