• Yes

Votes: 296 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 78 20.9%

• Total voters

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I ended up ordering the Alpha Bidet iX a few days ago. Originally wanted the TOTO C200 but the iX had all the features I wanted at a lower price. Looks like I wasn't the only one since it appears Amazon's sold out of both the iX and the JX models, lol.

It came today and I just finished installing it. Aside from having to go to Home Depot to get a new supply line (my toilet had this weird plastic one that wouldn't fit with the T-valve), installation was relatively painless.

Now that I've used the thing I can say it's... very nice.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
One of the best out there

giphy.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A bidet or a bidet shower head is one of the most godlike improvements you can make to your bathroom.

Last edited:

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Serious question, but I can't imagine water alone cleaning that area to a satisfactory degree.
Do you use your fingers or still need to use toilet paper anyway? I mean, how else would you dry?
It seems overall like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
I voted no, I don't trust a Bidet to be clean and stay clean (or rather, I wouldn't trust others to not abuse it somehow).

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We have a couple of the cheap addon ones, but I think I'm finally going to invest in a heated one. Nothing worse than a near freezing stream of water hitting your ass first thing in the morning in the winter.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Just ordered one of the ones you install on your existing toilet.

Wish I hadn't hesitated. Had one in my cart yesterday, with good reviews, that was only $36. Waited till today and it's sold out. Now the best price with the earliest delivery is a $47 one with a delivery of April 20th.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Didn't even notice this thread. My wife ordered one on amazon and it showed up in our daily shit from amazon order at my door. I had no idea it was coming and I've been bidet curious for years.

Holy shit (pun Intended) OMG. never going back guys.

Nov 27, 2017
California
So you wet your ass and then just put your boxers on your wet ass? Do you have a dryer or something attached to it?

Or do you wipe the water off which seems ironic?

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Only thing stopping me is that there's no outlet on that side of the bathroom.

I don't want to run an extension cord in the apartment :D I am moving next month so maybe we'll get lucky and there'll be one on that side.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, you still need to dry off. But that takes significantly less paper than wiping up all the turd juice. It literally takes weeks for me to go through a single roll of TP. The stash of TP I have now, just a standard purchase before all this craziness happened, will easily last me over a year.

And if you happen to be taking that dump before hopping in the shower, you don't even have to worry about that.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There's no way to install them in Swedish bathrooms. The water runs in the wall and no electrical outlets in general. The only way would be to renovate your bathroom and buy a $2000 toilet.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
We ordered a Tushy right as the stay-at-home thing (and subsequent TP shortage) began. I can't even imagine going back to paper only.

Oct 27, 2017
Been enjoying my bidet for about a month. Took some getting used to it but I really like it now.

As I just stated in my post, doesn't work on Swedish (and I assume many European) toilets. Would cost thousands of dollars and a full bathroom renovation for most people here.
I assume someone must be making cheap bidets for European toilets. Too big of a market.

Gabriel

Oct 25, 2017
I'll report in as well. I'll never go back to non-bidet life. This is so much better. A little robot that washes up for you, plus heated seat! Fortunately I had an electric outlet right above my toilet so installation was easy. My TP consumption has been cut probably by 75%. If I ever move again I'm buying another one.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to do this for a long time now, but my toilet is tankless and I'm in an apartment so I can't exactly renovate :(