• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know where to begin with these posts. What a bunch of nonsense.

Who are you fooling here? I am a Palestinian and my life have been turned into hell because of this news organization and the likes of it being complicit in hiding the Israeli and Zionist crimes against my country and my people. To call them out is now conservative? This is such a disgusting defense of your fuck up. I am so disgusted by your attempt to portray people having legit reasons to call out the media as conservatives or crazies when there is tons of proof out there about the bias and attempts of censorship of this conflict. Even by your own standards there have been proof by these same organizations that realized they can't hide the truth anymore.

Also so far in this thread you have banned various sources that actually do have credit because "its hard to moderate"... Yet something like the NYT or other papers that have shown actual bias are somehow ok, and your argument for that is we are conservative like and falling into a hole? And your proof is your friend?

Stop projecting. This is honestly so frustrating. You rushed to ban people without thinking about what we are saying and you got push back for it. I don't care if you feel the world is going bad and how awful it is. If you can't even understand what is being said then you are a bad fit for this job. Incompetent. Liberal media are biased. You can't argue they aren't especially when given proof. They might align more to your political belief but its best to actually take criticism and actually try and understand it. Just burying your head in the sand like an ostrich isn't making it go away. It's just letting it get worse. Yes there is bias and no its not conservative like to call it out. There is actual proof about it.

I remember back when Ukranian war was ongoing you had people posting fucking Fox News as a source and they were not actioned for it, and it took until way later for you guys to get around to stopping it and yet a different standard applies to us when we post actual credible news from people from the warzones talking about it. I remember you saying its not credible because its not in english... and to use media like the likes of NYT which have been shown to have bias. How does this help when they refuse to reportt on the conflict and when they do they have to censor it and have people read between the lines? Not that I am against banning right wing media from here but I at least expect some consistency which have not been shown.

Truly shameful display here. I remember this site being promising when it first was created and now its nothing but a mess where people are expected to follow standards that change depending on how the leadership is feeling at the time. Like in this case, you not reading or rather, disagreeing with something and rushing to ban people without even having a conversation about it. The fact you got push back and you had to overturn the bans says a lot.

I doubt you will listen to anything I or others say but so be it. You have proven to be a person that doesn't listen to criticism and will put your foot down for your belief even if its wrong. Even you doing the unbanning feels more like something you did because you realized you fucked up and didn't want to look unreasonable no matter how much excuses and projections based on what you think is happening or using your friends for. I am tired of this. I don't need to be in a forum that refuses to listen and improve.

Also why did you unban me? I didn't ask to be unbanned. I even said so in the ticket I sent you. I asked for my account to be deleted. This forum have turned into a very depressing mess and I don't need this shit in my life. I already have enough shit to deal with being born into a cursed group of people that only want to exist.

So please go read the ticket I sent and delete my account. Do it right after reading this post. I have been waiting since I got banned and I would like to move on knowing that I am no longer on this forum and won't be associated with it. Those that need to talk to me know where to find me. I am done with this forum.

I always appreciated your perspective in these threads. I'm sorry you're leaving but I understand why you think you have to. Your voice is important and I hope you can keep speaking when and where you feel appropriate. It's sorely needed. Good luck friend.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018

Who are you fooling here? I am a Palestinian and my life have been turned into hell because of this news organization and the likes of it being complicit in hiding the Israeli and Zionist crimes against my country and my people. To call them out is now conservative? This is such a disgusting defense of your fuck up. I am so disgusted by your attempt to portray people having legit reasons to call out the media as conservatives or crazies when there is tons of proof out there about the bias and attempts of censorship of this conflict. Even by your own standards there have been proof by these same organizations that realized they can't hide the truth anymore.

Also so far in this thread you have banned various sources that actually do have credit because "its hard to moderate"... Yet something like the NYT or other papers that have shown actual bias are somehow ok, and your argument for that is we are conservative like and falling into a hole? And your proof is your friend?

Stop projecting. This is honestly so frustrating. You rushed to ban people without thinking about what we are saying and you got push back for it. I don't care if you feel the world is going bad and how awful it is. If you can't even understand what is being said then you are a bad fit for this job. Incompetent. Liberal media are biased. You can't argue they aren't especially when given proof. They might align more to your political belief but its best to actually take criticism and actually try and understand it. Just burying your head in the sand like an ostrich isn't making it go away. It's just letting it get worse. Yes there is bias and no its not conservative like to call it out. There is actual proof about it.

I remember back when Ukranian war was ongoing you had people posting fucking Fox News as a source and they were not actioned for it, and it took until way later for you guys to get around to stopping it and yet a different standard applies to us when we post actual credible news from people from the warzones talking about it. I remember you saying its not credible because its not in english... and to use media like the likes of NYT which have been shown to have bias. How does this help when they refuse to reportt on the conflict and when they do they have to censor it and have people read between the lines? Not that I am against banning right wing media from here but I at least expect some consistency which have not been shown.

Truly shameful display here. I remember this site being promising when it first was created and now its nothing but a mess where people are expected to follow standards that change depending on how the leadership is feeling at the time. Like in this case, you not reading or rather, disagreeing with something and rushing to ban people without even having a conversation about it. The fact you got push back and you had to overturn the bans says a lot.

I doubt you will listen to anything I or others say but so be it. You have proven to be a person that doesn't listen to criticism and will put your foot down for your belief even if its wrong. Even you doing the unbanning feels more like something you did because you realized you fucked up and didn't want to look unreasonable no matter how much excuses and projections based on what you think is happening or using your friends for. I am tired of this. I don't need to be in a forum that refuses to listen and improve.

Also why did you unban me? I didn't ask to be unbanned. I even said so in the ticket I sent you. I asked for my account to be deleted. This forum have turned into a very depressing mess and I don't need this shit in my life. I already have enough shit to deal with being born into a cursed group of people that only want to exist.

So please go read the ticket I sent and delete my account. Do it right after reading this post. I have been waiting since I got banned and I would like to move on knowing that I am no longer on this forum and won't be associated with it. Those that need to talk to me know where to find me. I am done with this forum.
I stick to lurking in the thread but just wanted to say I'm sorry to see you go, and I wish you and your family all the best. I agree with your position, although I hoped you would've reconsidered leaving permanently.
Also one less person repping Gravity Rush too, gonna miss seeing the avatar.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

It's sad to see you go as your perspective on this issue has been invaluable. You will be greatly missed.

Witchcraft

Oct 9, 2022

Sad to see you chased off this site. Your input was invaluable and I hope you and your family stay safe. Shame on all those who fostered an environment that has led to this.

Oct 28, 2017

Understandable. I hope the best for you and your family.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

only lurk the thread so first post. totally with you always, and you'll be missed

theres things that i can say but hope losing such a valuable member of the community can at least cause some introspection of how this topic is moderated. the rush to ban was nothing short of embarrassing. do better

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing everyone else … the reasoning given for bans made no sense. I see that they were reversed, but the damage is done.

Seems like another case of inconsistent moderation based on vibes instead of whether or not any rules were actually broken. People should be allowed to have and express opinions that don't break the rules for hate speech / toxicity / etc. The tagline of the OT is "civil discourse triumphs" but it feels more like a roulette.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Although I do agree with the sentiment I would also like to temper my part of it by saying I understand that people might have disagreement on a big topic like this, but the main concern is that at times it feels like the line between correction, or being warned, or going straight into a ban is thin and that's the part that is irksome. You don't always know the degree of what will happen on certain posts and it happens lightning fast without much buildup at times.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

Sorry to see you go:( Your voice will absolutely be missed. I think there are so few regular posters here that warnings need be used more. There is kind of a climate of fear and uncertainty in this thread. Like it feels ok for awhile then random shit happens. So you can't really know what you can say.

Oct 28, 2017

Blinken Is Sitting on Staff Recommendations to Sanction Israeli Military Units Linked to Killings or Rapes

www.propublica.org

Blinken Is Sitting on Staff Recommendations to Sanction Israeli Military Units Linked to Killings or Rapes

A special State Department panel told Secretary of State Antony Blinken that the U.S. should restrict arms sales to Israeli military units that have been credibly accused of human rights abuses. He has not taken any action.
A special State Department panel recommended months ago that Secretary of State Antony Blinken disqualify multiple Israeli military and police units from receiving U.S. aid after reviewing allegations that they committed serious human rights abuses.

But Blinken has failed to act on the proposal in the face of growing international criticism of the Israeli military's conduct in Gaza, according to current and former State Department officials.

The incidents under review mostly took place in the West Bank and occurred before Hamas' Oct. 7 attack on Israel. They include reports of extrajudicial killings by the Israeli Border Police; an incident in which a battalion gagged, handcuffed and left an elderly Palestinian American man for dead; and an allegation that interrogators tortured and raped a teenager who had been accused of throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails.

Recommendations for action against Israeli units were sent to Blinken in December, according to one person familiar with the memo. "They've been sitting in his briefcase since then," another official said.

A State Department spokesperson told ProPublica the agency takes its commitment to uphold U.S. human rights laws seriously. "This process is one that demands a careful and full review," the spokesperson said, "and the department undergoes a fact-specific investigation applying the same standards and procedures regardless of the country in question."

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Leaked Cables Show Biden Admin Opposes Palestinian Statehood

The White House is quietly pressuring UN member nations to oppose Palestinian membership ahead of the UN meeting tomorrow

theintercept.com

Leaked Cables Show White House Opposes Palestinian Statehood

Despite Biden’s pledge to support a two-state solution, cables argue that Palestine should not be granted U.N. member status.
www.kenklippenstein.com

The White House is quietly pressuring UN member nations to oppose Palestinian membership ahead of the UN meeting tomorrow
The first cable, sent from the U.S. Embassy in Quito, Ecuador, describes the country's foreign minister having "agreed with our position…not to support any UN Security Council Resolution recommending the admission of 'Palestine' as a UN member state." Ecuador's foreign minister said that she would instruct their UN ambassador to lobby several other countries not to support such a resolution.

The second cable, sent from Secretary of State Antony Blinken, contains detailed U.S. talking points arguing for opposing the UN resolution for Palestinian statehood.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

We will miss you. I wish you the best and hope we can connect again sometime in the future.

When talking about biases in liberal / progressive spaces, this forum, and this thread in particular is a prime example of it. I hope forum leadership do some much needed self reflection on why many minorities dont feel safe here and have left, and why the standards are so fucking vague and punitive compared to other sensitive threads.

Oct 28, 2017

theintercept.com

Despite Biden’s pledge to support a two-state solution, cables argue that Palestine should not be granted U.N. member status.
www.kenklippenstein.com

Palestinian president rejected U.S. requests to hold off on UN membership vote

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas rejected requests by the Biden administration to not move forward with a vote at the United Nations Security Council on accepting Palestine as a full member of the UN, four Palestinian, U.S. and Israeli officials told Axios.

The big picture: Tension, frustration and mistrust have been growing between the Abbas government and the Biden administration over the last three years. The Palestinian president sees the administration as not acting to push a two-state solution in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Driving the news: The UN Security Council is expected to vote as soon as Thursday on a draft resolution that would give Palestine full member status at the UN instead of its current observer status.

• Gaining full member status — which would amount to the UN recognizing a Palestinian state — first requires nine votes to bring a resolution before the 15-member UN Security Council.
  • The council, which includes the U.S., would need to approve the application, and it would then have to receive at least two-thirds of General Assembly votes.
Behind the scenes: U.S. and Israeli officials said the Biden administration is trying to prevent the Palestinians from getting the nine votes so the U.S. won't have to veto the resolution.

• A U.S. veto of such a resolution, especially amid the war in Gaza, would bring sharp criticism for Biden internationally and inside his own party, including with some of his supporters.
Over the last two weeks, the Biden administration has been pressing Abbas and his advisers to back off from their request, U.S., Israeli and Palestinian officials say.

• Secretary of State Antony Blinken raised the issue directly in a phone call with Abbas, and other U.S. officials raised it with their Palestinian counterparts almost every day in the last two weeks, Palestinian and U.S. officials say.
  • The Biden administration made clear to the Palestinians that current U.S. law compels the administration to veto such a resolution or defund the UN, a U.S. official said.

According to the officials, Abbas rejected the U.S. pressure and his aides told the Biden administration they are moving forward with the vote.

• A senior Palestinian official said the Biden administration asked whether Abbas would suspend the bid if he is invited to meet with Biden at the White House.
  • The Palestinian official said Abbas rejected this trade-off and said he agreed to such a U.S. proposal a year ago but never got an invitation.
  • U.S. officials admitted they failed in convincing the Palestinians to suspend their UN bid.

Oct 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to speak up

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Jan 18, 2018
We will miss you. I wish you the best and hope we can connect again sometime in the future.

When talking about biases in liberal / progressive spaces, this forum, and this thread in particular is a prime example of it. I hope forum leadership do some much needed self reflection on why many minorities dont feel safe here and have left, and why the standards are so fucking vague and punitive compared to other sensitive threads.
This right here. And the main ones who end up silenced are marginalized voices with real shit to say

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017

theintercept.com

www.kenklippenstein.com

Absolutely disgusting. This just makes them look evil. What would be there pathetic excuse to oppose a Palestinian state anyway?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

www.propublica.org

A special State Department panel told Secretary of State Antony Blinken that the U.S. should restrict arms sales to Israeli military units that have been credibly accused of human rights abuses. He has not taken any action.

We were told repeatedly the US has seen no evidence of Israel breaking IHL.

Blinken is honestly an evil piece of shit.

theintercept.com

www.kenklippenstein.com

Palestinian president rejected U.S. requests to hold off on UN membership vote

These 2 back to back were a doozy. But again, everything we suspected but now out in the open. Imagine making Abbas look like a man of dignity.

Bill and Hillary went off about how they broke their fucking backs to give the Palestinians a "deal". How many times have we heard "two state solution", palestinian right to self determination, begin the process, etc etc etc these last few months from the US? Its always been delay delay delay deflect until Palestinians die off and Israel can fully annex Gaza and the West Bank. They already stole a shit load of land in the last few weeks. The US never wanted Palestinians to have rights or freedom.

The US does not want peace. The US is 100% on board with Israel no matter what PR or leaks or fake crying Matt fucking Miller does on television.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL

theintercept.com

www.kenklippenstein.com

"The U.S. position is that the Palestinian state should be based on bilateral agreements between the Israelis and Palestinians," Gowan said. "It does not believe that the UN can create the state by fiat."

LMAO did they forget how Israel was created???

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023

I'm sorry you had to go through what, even under the most charitable interpretation, was a shameful tantrum. You were an amazing member of this community, but I feel your frustration and wholly understand your decision; despite the amount of other amazing voices here, this is often not a safe place for POC who do not keep their heads down in the face of White liberalism and its patronizing antics.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

theintercept.com

www.kenklippenstein.com

God this pisses me off, such a repulsive nation Israel is and they will continue to get the backing of the US to extreme lengths like this to never give Palestine an inch

Really disheartening to see one of the few Palestinians on this forum leaving too. Dude was a much needed voice but I understand the frustration.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018

I know the feeling was brewing for some time and it pains me to see how moderation chased off or silenced almost every Palestinian on this forum. I wish the best to you and your family. Take care and be safe.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The craziest shit about that Blinken article is that the incidents the state dept were referring to took place 1) in the west bank and 2) predates Oct 7

The incidents under review mostly took place in the West Bank and occurred before Hamas' Oct. 7 attack on Israel. They include reports of extrajudicial killings by the Israeli Border Police; an incident in which a battalion gagged, handcuffed and left an elderly Palestinian American man for dead; and an allegation that interrogators tortured and raped a teenager who had been accused of throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails.

Reminds of when former state dept director Josh Paul mentioned a separate incident of IDF raping another teen in custody.

Just fucking insane. US really treating this shit like shrodingers human rights violations.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
The craziest shit about that Blinken article is that the incidents the state dept were referring to took place 1) in the west bank and 2) predates Oct 7

Reminds of when former state dept director Josh Paul mentioned a separate incident of IDF raping another teen in custody.

Just fucking insane. US really treating this shit like shrodingers human rights violations.

They don't even care that Israel has a long history of killing American citizens. Joe Biden chaired the hearing on Israel's murder of Rachel Corrie and nothing came out of it.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

US agreed to Israel's plan for Rafah in return for not carrying out large Iran strike – report

Egyptian officials tell a Qatari outlet that the US has accepted Israel's plan for an operation in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, in return for not carrying out a large strike in Iran in response to Tehran's unprecedented missile and drone attack.

"The American administration showed acceptance of the plan previously presented by the occupation government regarding the military operation in Rafah, in exchange for not carrying out a large-scale attack against Iran," an unnamed official tells Al-Araby Al-Jadeed.

The Egyptian officials tells the outlet that preparations are underway so that Egypt can deal with any possible impact of the planned operation.

Wow holy fucking shit.

This shit is unconscionable. Fuck this fucking genocidal administration.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I can't believe what I'm reading. The invasion in Rafah will be carried out so an Iran invasion can be avoided?! Wtf?!

I'm so angry, there is no way…

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

One of the few rare times I am feeling truly disappointed by this forum, and the people behind it.

Doubtful you'll ever read this, but.... I hope you and everyone around you will find safety, happiness, and most of all, people and places who could truly appreciate and value your point of view wherever you go. It is such a despicable and very shameful thing that you cannot find them here.

Stay and be well always.

Last edited:

NaoKao

Aug 31, 2023
Puerto Rico
Sorry to say but they already started bombing in and around Rafah about 2 days ago. (In a link cause it has distressing images.) Guess they'll ramp up in the coming days now.

Anyway, I want you guys to pay attention to this:

View: https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1780365716752843181?s=46&t=dBWjVO19-DagKWBitG495g

I learned that they seem set to sail again next week, to break the siege on the north. Just wanted to bring it to thread since no one in the western media seems to be reporting it.

This time the Freedom Flotilla Coalition contains about 5,500 tons of aid, activist and veterans plus hundreds of international Human Rights observers.

Here's Ann Wright, who you might remember as one of the 3 people who resigned in direct protest over the Invasion of Iraq.

View: https://twitter.com/gazafflotilla/status/1779467853227569395?s=46&t=dBWjVO19-DagKWBitG495g

This is also my last post in the thread/forum, not only in solidarity but also as a woman of Palestinain descent; the way the whole thing went down was really, really, gross and I hate the hurt that it cause in a fellow Palestinian to be accused of conservatism because they criticize a media corporation. One that's been known to be horrible when it comes to certain subjects.

The end of the illegal occupation and apartheid is near and the liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea, is on the horizon. Inshallah.

rzks21

Aug 17, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/cityascanvass/status/1780701297630691370

You can't make up this kind of bias and blatant racism. The dehumanization of Palestinians in Western media is disgusting.

But hey, us brown folks shouldn't post this lest we remind some people of conservative talking points…

Sorry to say but they already started bombing in and around Rafah about 2 days ago. (In a link cause it has distressing images.) Guess they'll ramp up in the coming days now.

Anyway, I want you guys to pay attention to this:

View: https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1780365716752843181?s=46&t=dBWjVO19-DagKWBitG495g

I learned that they seem set to sail again next week, to break the siege on the north. Just wanted to bring it to thread since no one in the western media seems to be reporting it.

This time the Freedom Flotilla Coalition contains about 5,500 tons of aid, activist and veterans plus hundreds of international Human Rights observers.

Here's Ann Wright, who you might remember as one of the 3 people who resigned in direct protest over the Invasion of Iraq.

View: https://twitter.com/gazafflotilla/status/1779467853227569395?s=46&t=dBWjVO19-DagKWBitG495g

This is also my last post in the thread/forum, not only in solidarity but also as a woman of Palestinain descent; the way the whole thing went down was really, really, gross and I hate the hurt that it cause in a fellow Palestinian to be accused of conservatism because they criticize a media corporation. One that's been known to be horrible when it comes to certain subjects.

The end of the illegal occupation and apartheid is near and the liberation of Palestine, from the river to the sea, is on the horizon. Inshallah.

Sad to see you go too, you shouldn't have to put up with this kind of stuff. Fwiw, I also pray for the dismantlement of the apartheid apparatus every day.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

Always be well, sister, for you and your loved ones.

Fucking good job of evicting an additional Palestinian from this forum, btw, mods.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017

I'm so sorry, I always saw this forum as at least attempting to be a safe place for POC and one of the best gaming forums for that, but I have just been savagely proven wrong.

I can't imagine how that feels for you with everything else that has gone on. I wish you safety and health.

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/AJABreaking/status/1780931258337443970?t=amc0ux1do4oEjZBxwA9TBA&s=19

We're gonna find out more and more of the horror the IDF has committed on Al Shifa for months to come.

I can't believe what I'm reading. The invasion in Rafah will be carried out so an Iran invasion can be avoided?! Wtf?!

I'm so angry, there is no way…
Well, yeah. Kill the Palestinians to your heart's content, just spare us a regional war.

Which is of course not only morally depraved, but also stupendously incompetent and shortsighted on the Biden administration. Yet again. Because of course Netanyahu is gonna do both anyway. What will Biden do if Israel struck Iran again? Not support the US's most special ally?

Biden is a fucking idiot.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018