• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking den of evil.. shit's deplorable and fuck all the politicians for turning their heads to this and acting like Israel is in their right to commit these sins

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many incidents like these, it's heartbreaking. I have seen many "Breaking the Silence" videos that have israeli soldiers tell you how they stopped seeing their Palestinian neighbors as humans. It's by design.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The Palestinians being in the limbo that they are politically, is what allows this sort of treatment to carry on. It's kind of odd that they keep referring to that fence like it's a legitimate international border when it's not. Hamas are akin to the Basque ETA than what they are being portrayed as - a foreign terrorist entity.

There are foreign fighters in Syria right now occupying Syrian territory, and no one in the west would make the argument the Syrian government has the right to do what it wants to defend itself. We wouldn't accept the Iranians slaughtering civilians even in the wake of an uprising. The Palestinians are stateless, and unlike even the Kurds, they don't have citizenship to fall back on and tell the world our government is killing us. It's not only Israel that's using this loophole either. Lebanon, Syria, and the Gulf States, are all using this to deny Palestinians rights all across the Middle East.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Jewish people in the US entertainment industry need to stand up now to stop this, following the example of Natalie Portman, but stronger and louder.

Israel is a disgusting ultra right wing murder regime.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Nikki Haley is a really disgusting person. I remember her leaving the room when the Palestinian representative started talking about this issue a couple of weeks. She didn't even listen to what they had to say.

Probably a directive she had to follow. But yes disgusting. Best part is fucking over the Palestinians is like the last subject both left and right side in american politics agree on. So can't even blame it on Trump cause Hilary would be just as impotent in the matter. Fuck Trump for moving the embassy though.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a directive she had to follow. But yes disgusting. Best part is fucking over the Palestinians is like the last subject both left and right side in american politics agree on. So can't even blame it on Trump cause Hilary would be just as impotent in the matter. Fuck Trump for moving the embassy though.
Yeah, this isn't something exclusive to Trump (although he did escalate it much further). Even if the democrats win, it will still be the same dance.

The fact the US (and the west in general) has so much say in the matter is so god damn frustrating.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Are you telling me Israel is killing innocents and committing war crimes?

No way, what will you tell me next, that America has and keeps doing the same?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely disgusting. Whoever fired upon her should be charged with a war crime, although nothing will probably happen.

May she rest in peace.

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Essentially doing what the Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school students did in terms of outright defying the established world order and challenging the system that has been rooted in place as "acceptable evil".
Glad you mentioned this because I totally forgot that this happened. I remember the student protests were a pretty big story, even here in the UK. Fast forward a couple of months and absolutely nothing has changed in the US. I doubt any sort of international movement from celebrities or other powerful people would do anything to stop this genocide. Unfortunately, I think it's just a losing battle, and the Palestinians' demise is pretty much inevitable :(

Oct 26, 2017
UK
How the fuck do you sell a narrative of actions of this being a response to terrorist activities when there's ample evidence that the IDF are firing upon paramedics and nurses?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's a certain irony in a nation being founded because their people were being oppressed elsewhere only to turn around and start oppressing their new neighbours.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
There's a certain irony in a nation being founded because their people were being oppressed elsewhere only to turn around and start oppressing their new neighbours.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
Technically the Palestinians aren't neighbours. More like the previous tenants, whom some got to stay in the basement and others got a hammock out on the lawn somewhere.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned killing non-combatants is beyond the pale. But it's par for the course for this conflict, which really upsets me.

Technically the Palestinians aren't neighbours. More like the previous tenants, whom some got to stay in the basement and others got a hammock out on the lawn somewhere.
And they have to keep moving their hammock so the new tenants can put up an increasingly large shed

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible, indefensible behavior. And the worst part is, knowing that there doesn't seem to be any government anywhere willing to stand up to the Israeli government and do the slightest thing about this. Everyone knows it's going on, but nobody's interested and just allow Israel to do whatever they want, no matter how terrible that something is.

And then intop of that, the really crushing part is that there doesn't seem to be hope for change, in either the short or long term. Like in the United States, extremely few politicians of either party are interested in doing anything about Israel. So it's not even about picking the right person. The right person for the by and large part just isn't there.

And so this goes on. And I wish it would change. I wish things would get better because they've gone on for far, far too long. But when nobody seems interested in being in any way meaningfully critical of Israel's actions, it's hard for me to have hope at all and so news like this just depresses me even more than it normally would. :(

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Israel, piece of shit country with a murderous, terroristic government. Fuck the US and all its representatives that assist & oversee the genocide of the Palestinian people.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Nikki Haley is a really disgusting person. I remember her leaving the room when the Palestinian representative started talking about this issue a couple of weeks. She didn't even listen to what they had to say.

She's just doing what everybody else is doing, including the 'progressive' democrats. Heck even someone like Hillary also shows hostility to the idea of Israel being held accountable.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
reminder that they claim the boundary with gaza is a border but also claim that there is no palestinian state, which are contradictory positions

if gaza is a state then they're committing acts of war by blockading it and shooting people on the other side of the fence, if it's not a state then it's basically an open air prison where the IDF is allowed to kill randomly

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Despicable actions. I'm ashamed of Democrats like Schumer who are completely hostile to any criticisms of that country.

Dec 4, 2017
reminder that they claim the boundary with gaza is a border but also claim that there is no palestinian state, which are contradictory positions
A classic example of Soviet-style doublespeak.
Which is unfortunately unsuprising, given that, during the course of the past two decades, Israeli politics has taken on a decidedly Putinist flavor, no doubt under the influence of the large wave of Russian emigres (and their descendants) coming in during the '90s.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But remember kids, don't say mean things about Israel, otherwise you're an anti-semite, which is totally worse than murdering unarmed civilians and hiding behind America like a little bitch to cover your ass.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
When you want to dedicate your life to doing good and get shot in the back for it. Monsters.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A classic example of Soviet-style doublespeak.
Which is unfortunately unsuprising, given that, during the course of the past two decades, Israeli politics has taken on a decidedly Putinist flavor, no doubt under the influence of the large wave of Russian emigres (and their descendants) coming in during the '90s.
this is

uh

a weird and kind of racist take honestly

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what happens if an American Arab goes over there to provide medical help and gets killed?

Trump wouldn't do jack, because he'd ignore the word American and focus on the word Arab. He can't even give a damn about all the people that suffered and died in Puerto Rico. A place full of Americans. 5,000+ dead and he golfs and other bullshit. The weird need to support and stay friends with Israel will always win out for them.

Kiunch

Oct 26, 2017

For people that's curious on why we send so much money to Israeli.. The reason is pretty pathetic.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
I wonder if I'll bring this up to my parents every damn day at the rate it's all happening. We're firmly against Israel and the U.S.'s active support of their genocide, but I can tell they're despondent whenever I ask them for a silver lining. Dad knows more about the history of the Israel-Palestine conflict than I do and he's accepted that there's so little we can do to effectively stop the atrocities...even with BDS. It's so depressing that, for my sake, I have to distract myself soon after reading this news before I return to it. Getting my friends and relatives to vote is worth it in almost every context, just not this one knowing how effortlessly nearly all viable political candidates in the U.S. bow to Zionist money and influence.

On a slight tangent: Evangelical Christians enabling or actively supporting Israel, the Likud, and the IDF for what they're doing to Palestine want nothing less than to complete their self-fulfilling rapture. I won't entertain their bullshit for even a second They seem to co-opt everything I used to hold dear, showing off levels of ressentiment that would make Nietzsche blush with despair. Morality becomes a joke in their presence. My greatest hope in this life is to stop them from destroying human civilization, if I can help it (and I'm doing my part FWIW). We win by surviving whatever havoc they cause next and then rebuilding from the remains. It sucks, but I'd rather have some optimism than go down a darker path.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Killing medical personnel is absolutely egregious. The folks that have the honest desire to do it and care for others must represent a tiny fraction of the world's population.

I wish hell was real sometimes.

Djawed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But remember kids, don't say mean things about Israel, otherwise you're an anti-semite, which is totally worse than murdering unarmed civilians and hiding behind America like a little bitch to cover your ass.
I was banned for this and it is/was honestly sickening that this is how even among each other outside of power mongering figures you get silenced really quick for being angry about one of the most disgusting things that's been happening by humanity to humanity for 70 years now. As if we're expected to sugarcoat it somehow. Stuff like this trigger deep emotions its got nothing to do with anti semetims. Im going to say it again just like last time. The jewish people are people I respect and I will never see israel as a legit representation of them and aknowledging as such, which im expected of would only support any potential anti semetism. Judaism deserves better and they will tell u just as much cuz this sentiment actually comes from them as well.

Sioen

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (permanent): Antisemitism, low post count, apparent burner account
Jews are the true evil, how they could do things like this when suffering themselves not even 100 years ago makes you wonder.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Very sad... Israel can get away with anything because they're basically enabled and protected by these US Evangelical rapture-loving weirdos.

Fucking sad and infuriating when you really look at the root cause of how/why this will continue.

lauregami

Apr 25, 2018
Jews are the true evil, how they could do things like this when suffering themselves not even 100 years ago makes you wonder.
Not everyone in Israel is Jewish, nor does Israel represent the global Jewish population which greatly outnumbers the Jewish population of Israel.

As someone who is staunchly against Israel's atrocities: GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Djawed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These arent jews. These are the same manipulative power mongerig supremecists that have cleansed or enslaved people before for their own gains. The good relation between trump administration will tell u as much. Imo this also applies to saudi arabia. If these are jews than yeah it would be awful to see victims of the greatest atrocities in history do the same to others. No one wants to believe that