breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got my daughters the 2 setups below + a year's worth of Game Pass each. It's like xmas for me though because we have a bunch of games that the 3 of us can play now play together!

jn6QVg7.jpg

L4hQwYS.jpg

wtf? This is amazing Hahahaha. Lucky Kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Not much this year. Just a couple games from Steam's Winter Sale (Witcher 3, GTA V, and Dragon Age). Most of my Christmas gifts I opened in late October (a rig) and earlier this month (a LG 27GL83A-B, speakers, and a new DS4).

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing here but I didn't ask for anything so it makes sense, lol.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Nintendo pajamas and Nintendo shirt from inlaws...

I bought myself Pokemon Sword though. Its okay I guess.

My SO did get me a 1tb samsung ssd and a three pack of the Corsair LL120 rgb fans, so I'm excited to install those when back home.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I already have everything I need for the next few years hardware wise, bought all the games I want in the sales. I might buy a few more today.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
I got my daughters the 2 setups below + a year's worth of Game Pass each. It's like xmas for me though because we have a bunch of games that the 3 of us can play now play together!

jn6QVg7.jpg

L4hQwYS.jpg

Do you live in a commercial building, I've never seen a house with that type of commercial ceiling and lights

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

jn6QVg7.jpg

L4hQwYS.jpg

Sweet set up!

Seeing stuff like this motivates me lol

Maybe I'll do something fancy like this for my media room set up in the future once I have more disposable funds lol.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone
Resident Evil 2

We kept it light for ourselves and went nuts for our 5 year old.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
My fiancé got me a Switch!! Now I just need to decide what to actually buy lol. Any good recommendations?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
My Christmas shopping consists of everything I got from November + December

Bought a new PC (AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 580, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, 240 GB SSD)

PS4
-Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $25
-Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - $13
-Dragon Quest Heroes II Explorer's Edition - $13
-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - $20
-Yakuza 6 The Song of Life - $20
-Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Gold Edition - $15
-Assassin's Creed Unity - $9
-Devil May Cry 5 - $15
-Digimon World: Next Order - $15
-Knack 2 - $5
-Marvel's Spider-Man Game of the Year Edition - $15
-NieR: Automata - Game of the YoRHa Edition - $20
-Yakuza Kiwami 2 - $15

Steam
-Humble Monthly Bundle for December 2019 (My Time At Portia, Yakuza Kiwami, Soul Calibur VI) - $12
-Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - $17
-BLACK CLOVER: QUARTET KNIGHTS Deluxe Edition - $16
-Croixleur Sigma - $5
-GRANDIA HD Remaster - $15
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection - $10
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 - $10
-Soul Calibur VI Season Pass 1 - $15
-Tekken 7 Ultimate - $27
-Humble December Monthly Bundle 2019 (Regular Human Basketball, Fluffy Horde, Chasm) - $0
-Humble Choice December 2019 (Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Blasphemous, Ancestors Legacy, Phantom Doctrine, Dead in Vinland, Horizon Chase Turbo, Dark Future Blood Red States, X-Morph: Defense, Aegis Defenders, Desert Child) - $12
-Humble Paradox Interactive Management Bundle (Prison Architect - Aficionado DLC, Cities in Motion, Cities: Skylines, Cities: Skylines - Content Creator Pack: European Suburbia, Cities: Skylines - Green Cities, Cities: Skylines - Synthetic Dawn Radio, Cities in Motion: US Cities, Cities in Motion: Tokyo, Cities in Motion: German Cities, Cities in Motion 2: European Cities, Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition, Cities: Skylines - Industries, Surviving Mars: Space Race, Surviving Mars: Green Planet, Surviving Mars: Project Laika) - $18
-Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - $5
-Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Duke Nukem Bundle - $10
-Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $5
-Dark Rose Valkyrie - $4
-Dark Rose Valkyrie Recruitment Pack DLC - $1
-Doom 3 BFG Edition - $5
-Gothic Universe Edition (Gothic 1, Gothic 2 Gold Edition and Gothic III) - $4
-LEGO The Incredibles - $10
-Max: The Curse of Brotherhood - $4
-Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $9
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd - $17.50
-Wolfenstein: The Two Pack (Wolfenstein The New Order and Wolfenstein The Old Blood) - $9

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
I finally have all of the Smash amiibo that are currently available. It took years, but as of today, I'm all done!

I also got a few Sonic the Hedgehog shirts, as well as a Super Mario blanket.

Nov 14, 2017
Got CTR and Shadow of the Colossus which were the last games I wanted to buy for now.

Played a bit of CTR and it looks incredible.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Gaming wise, I got Luigi's Mansion 3. Looking forward to checking that out later 😁

Happy Holidays everyone!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girflriend got me a turtle
Beach head set for use on xbox, playstation, and switch..probably because i keep the tv too loud at night when im playing in the living room

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a $50 Best Buy card and a $50 steam card.

My brother got Super Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Sword and a Pro Controller for his Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Peachtree City, GA
Got my kids (and by extension, me) Ring Fit Adventure, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville. Was supposed to also give them Luigi's Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword for Christmas but those games didn't make it unopened past launch day. I guess I needed to play them also haha.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I got joy con drift for christmas, not in any new joy cons, just the one i already had lol

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Labo! I'm really excited but I'm going to save putting it together till I'm back up North. Don't want to transport the cardboard stuff all made up.

Nov 11, 2017
Me? Nothing bought my son a switch mario odyssey zelda, headphones for his xbox and a giftcard.

Speaking of where is the Nintendo ot?

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017

jn6QVg7.jpg

L4hQwYS.jpg

That's amazing! Super clean setup and everyone can be together playing. Really nice job.

I can't wait for my boy to be older and do something like that with him.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
With no Assassin's Creed this year it was quiet on my games front.

I did get Days Gone and imported Phoenix Wright 1-3 on PS4.

I also got a Admiral Fitzroy Storm Glass Barometer

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Great gaming haul this year!

AI Somnium Files [Switch]
Xenoblade: Torna- The Golden Country
Assassins Creed Odyssey [XB1]
Nicer Automata World Guide lore book

xMM4nsonx

Nov 1, 2017
Only Luigi's Mansion 3 from a friend. My family stopped 10 years ago to buy gift, only money for me and my uncle/my mother/my grandmother and my grandfather.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I focused only on switch since gamepass gives me so many games every month. My ps4 is sleeping a lot lately. Anyway..

- AI: The Somnium Files
- The Witcher 3
- Luigis Mansion 3
- Yoshi Crafted Word
- Zelda: Links awakening (why does it have zelda in the name????)
- Spyro trilogy
- Starlink (bought because of Fox ship)
- Yooka Layle 2
- Dragon Quest 11
- Collection of Mana
- Lion King plus Alladin collection

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
That's amazing. Well done.
Thanks!

Do they like playing games? In any case, that's awesome. Clean game room.
Of course they love playing games! Thank you for the compliment.

I love this. Need to do something like this when my kiddos are a little older.
It was surprisingly cheap thanks to lots of sales and also being the end of the current generation. Good luck on your future endeavor. Your kids will love it and so will you.

Your electric bill must be nuts.
I don't even think we'll notice. Bandwidth is another story. I gave the girls this gift early because I wasn't going to torture them by having it all set up 7 days prior to xmas and make them stare at it every day lol. I'm at 3.5TB for the month of December. If I didn't already pay Comcast $50 extra a month for unlimited, it would be a pretty terrible thing to have the systems and then be super limited on what they could DL and play. Fuck DL caps.

this is great and the First thing I doing when I buy my house next year. Great job.
I foresee lots of good times in your future.

Amazing! How old are your girls, btw? Mine might be a bit too young but I can't wait to do this.
My oldest is 12 and my youngest recently turned 11. They are in 7th heaven. I would have done this perhaps a year or 2 earlier but honestly it never occurred to me until this year.

wtf? This is amazing Hahahaha. Lucky Kids.
Indeed they are. Seriously, our house is full of "wtf" lol. Go big or go home!

Damn this is bad ass !!
Thank you!

Sweet set up!

Seeing stuff like this motivates me lol

Maybe I'll do something fancy like this for my media room set up in the future once I have more disposable funds lol.
It was easier than you might think. If you have the room, I encourage it. I can't believe it didn't occur to me sooner to do something like this TBH.

Do you live in a commercial building, I've never seen a house with that type of commercial ceiling and lights
No, I live in Michigan and drop ceilings are common in basements here so that you can get to the plumbing/electrical/gas/ect if you should need to. It's also a cheap solution to drywalling the ceiling. We've had the home about 7 years now and I really want to redo this room, but I have other rooms to do first. I'll keep the drop ceiling but I'll swap out to black tiles.

Thank you!

That's amazing! Super clean setup and everyone can be together playing. Really nice job.

I can't wait for my boy to be older and do something like that with him.
It has been a total game changer so far. I highly recommend it.

I'm a bit surprised at the response, so let me tell you about how this came to be.

My kids wanted laptops. I looked into relatively descent ones that were on sale for around $800 each. The reality of it is that they just want to play Minecraft, RoBlox, Fortnite, and a handful of other titles in their bedrooms as well as "doing stuff for school". Well my wife and I have 2 nice laptops as well as my desktop that they can use for school and I had a hard time swallowing $1600+ for the kids to play RoBlox lol. I started thinking of an alternative and I jokingly said to my wife that I could probably get them new TVs and Xboxes cheaper. Well I did, and it was a hell of a lot cheaper too. The 2 TVs are 50" TCL 4k HDR Smart TVs ($250 each) and the Xbox One Ss were on sale ($200 each). I could have gotten them for $150 each if I wanted digital only editions and saved another $100. I already had all the wiring and zip ties. A friend gave be the TV mounts and the Xbox One Wall + Controller mounts. He set his kids up in their bedrooms last year and never ended up using those items.

Total out of pocket for me was only $900 compared to the $1600 I was looking at for laptops. We have the added bonus of the kids not wandering off and disappearing to play their games. Instead, we have a gathering location for the whole family and all the great things that come from that. We have been playing together since 12/20 after they got out of school, and I can tell this is going to be a wonderful way for us to continue bonding and sharing.

One of the oddest parts of this endeavor was trying to find similar setups for inspiration. There simply are not pics out there of tandem console set ups.

I want to mention that this really wouldn't have been possible without Game Pass. I would have had to have bought every game 3 times if we wanted to play them together, which would have severely limited what they would have to play on xmas. But thanks to Game Pass, they have a metric ton of stuff to play (with amazing variety too!). We have a huge library of games to play together and they can still use the disc games I have if they should want to.

We're playing through Halo: Reach at the moment and it is so. much. fun. Other standouts include World War Z, which is surprisingly great, and Sea of Thieves which is infinitely better when you're all sitting next to each other. Let's not forget one of the greatest couch co-op game of all (that I bought on sale for $20each - thanks xbox sale) Diablo 3 Eternal Collection!

So thanks to all for the compliments. They're looking forward to their next sleepover when they can have up to 12 kids playing MineCraft at once lol.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Got Fallen Jedi and Link's Awakening! Probably going to play Fallen Jedi first but I'm excited for both.

Link's Awakening was My first Zelda game and one of the first video games I remember playing through by myself. I'm excited to explore Koholint again!

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I want to mention that this really wouldn't have been possible without Game Pass. I would have had to have bought every game 3 times if we wanted to play them together, which would have severely limited what they would have to play on xmas. But thanks to Game Pass, they have a metric ton of stuff to play (with amazing variety too!). We have a huge library of games to play together and they can still use the disc games I have if they should want to.

If you have any digital games, you can share those games with them by making one of their xboxes your account's "primary" xbox and still logging into your physical xbox on your account. I think you would still have to buy a second copy for the other girl but honestly I haven't tested it across 3 machines at one time. Maybe someone here has?

My husband and I gameshare on both Xbox One and PS4, we only ever need to buy one (digital) copy of the game and we can both play it at the same time.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
If you have any digital games, you can share those games with them by making one of their xboxes your account's "primary" xbox and still logging into your physical xbox on your account. I think you would still have to buy a second copy for the other girl but honestly I haven't tested it across 3 machines at one time. Maybe someone here has?

My husband and I gameshare on both Xbox One and PS4, we only ever need to buy one (digital) copy of the game and we can both play it at the same time.

Thanks for this. Honestly, navigating the world of multiple consoles is a pain in the ass and about as clear as mud.