• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMC5 or Sekiro?

• DMC5

Votes: 345 17.5%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 716 36.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 752 38.2%
  • Yoshi's Crafted World

Votes: 155 7.9%

• Total voters
May 29, 2018
Im getting both. Ill never forget I was 7 years old and my dad bought me a PS2 with Onimusha and DMC1. Both were amazing games and I even leaned more towards Onimusha (new sequel capcom please) but im stoked for DMC5. I should be done with it fairly quickly cause the week after we've got the Division 2 and then Sekiro after that. This is gonna be a busy month.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Both of them. it's been a long wait. Actually paid for two Sekiro copies, Steam and PS4 for the CE stuff (i hope it's not DSII level disappointment haha).

These will keep me busy until Judgment and Ori and the Will of the Wisps get released.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Sekiro.

I would have been interested in Devil May Cry V, but when I found out that you can only play as Dante in certain missions and not for the entire game, that swayed me away from it.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Combat in sekiro doesn't look much better than souls borne.

Dmcv demo is the best thing this gen so that.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This month? DMC5.

it's been 10 years since 4. This is a game people have dreamed of forever. I need to see how it turns out. Maybe this will be the first DMC I git gud at.

Of course I'm getting Sekiro later down the line too. I trust Miyazaki.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Anthem saved me money so both.
As a Destiny/Division/Warframe player I'm not stupid enough to buy Anthem day 1 but my friend bought me Anthem because he so desperately want me to play it, So he save me money on getting it so I can get DMC/Sekiro/Division 2 ^_^
Neither. DMC5 has completely lost me through all the leaks and reveals and I just don't care about Sekiro. Sorry, Fromsoft.

March is another dead month for me, it seems.
Usually now a day games after the 1st 2 trailers I will go media blackout until it's release unless the 1st 2 barely showed little to nothing then i'll watch a 3rd. I was burnt out watching Pokemon Sun and Moon+Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon stuff that my interest really diminish from touching the game; Maybe that why i'm disappointed with Pokemon Sword and Shield because it too similar to Sun and Moon+Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Thank god I didn't watch anything and went media blackout after the E3 reveal trailers for both DMCV and Sekiro, So Ya getting both ^_^

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Sekiro Day 1. Might be only $60 game I preorder this year. DMC5 at a later date. Hopefully a sale.

My attitude with single player games is they don't need to be purchased day 1. Feel different about From Software games.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im getting Sekiro for sure. I havent decided yet if im going to get DMCV or not. I mean I probably will eventually.

Sekiro though just looks like exactly what I want right now and I cant wait! Even picked up the first 3 Blade of the Immortal Omnis to read while im waiting for Sekiro to come out.

Oct 26, 2017
Still both... lol this thread is just an excuse for hype, but who can blame ya.

My hype for Sekiro is going into overdrive now, when you go media blackout on these games its easy to remain calm...until about this point when its like "the experience im about to have w00".

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
None. Budget is tight this month and I have a huge backlog. Will eventually play all three games in the poll

OP
OP
Mr. Fantastic

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I'm getting all three of the games in the poll.

HopefulIndolentCattle-small.gif

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot that Sekiro is coming this month while I've been counting off the days for DMC5 since January.

Enoch

Dec 11, 2018
DMC5. I will wait for impressions and reviews for Sekiro as the settings doesn't appeal to me much. But if the gameplay is super good then it's my next purchase.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 CE is pre-ordered and ready. If DMC5 gets a midnight release I'm super tempted to double dip. Sekiro steel box version is reserved, but lets see if I have money by then. Which is most likely, but still need to make sure.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I am getting DMC5. Also thinking bout Left Alive (Square Enix) which seems to have 0 hype here

Will snag Sekiro later. It just looks like a very long game and not a big fan of Activision. Will grab it used later or something

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Sekiro digital so I can play it as soon as it comes out and I bought the CE too. I'm ashamed of my words and deeds.

Further adding to my shame is the fact that I also bought the DMCV steelbook edition.

Can't wait!

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
No interest in dmc. BUT sekiro on the other hand........
giphy.gif

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Getting both. DMC came with the GPU I got earlier this year and I took advantage of the recent Steam sale to get a preorder discount on Sekiro. I'm pretty certain I'm playing Sekiro first though as I love From's output more than any others. Not sure when I'll get round to DMC. I've only played DMC1 so far so I'm tempted to play 3 and 4 before I even get to 5.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
DMCV and Super Robot Wars T come first this month (and the latter is going to be pricy since I need moon bucks for it).

Sekiro will likely be good, but it can wait

dred

Oct 27, 2017
I need an option for Sekiro and Yoshi. Both are day one purchases for me which is increasingly rarer these days.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easily DMC5. No interest in Sekiro. I dislike the lack of RPG elements and the fact that you can't create a character. Sorry Miyazaki but not this time.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro is all I'm interested in this month. Might pick up DMC V down the line

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sekiro most likely, haven't much liked the Souls games but this seems different enough that it's got me interested. Never was interested in DMC. Played some of the original but just isn't my thing.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the DMC5 demo(and DMC4 which I grabbed for $7 earlier this year) reminded me why I never got hardcore into the series despite digging the combat. Pretty much everything else about is uninteresting, if not bland, if not down right lame: The world doesn't suck me in with its atmosphere or level design, and fails to create a captivating sense of place. Bosses & enemies leave a lot to be desired, particularly their visual design. I'm not drawn to the story or characters in the least bit and have to fight the urge skip every cutscene. Maybe the new ones are better, but Dante and Virgil are two of the edgiest cheese balls out there and do nothing to actually endear themselves to me as characters.

So yeah, I'll be grabbing Sekiro:Shadow's Die Twice by Master Video Game Director, Hidetaka Miyazaki. Might throw $20-$30 at DMC5 when it goes on sale.