Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthGoomba

Oct 30, 2017
There are too many questions that come out of this though.

What about shows like Legion?

That's easy: Keep them as is without changing the stories (even if they don't fit with the movies), never have any crossovers with any other series or movie, add in references to "The Green Guy, The Guy with the Hammer and The Incident", and tell everyone that #ItsAllConnected, and it will fit exactly with what they are doing to the other MCU series ;-)

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but they were still better than what the MCU has done.

No the hell they weren't. Jean being a bastardized version of her comic counterpart aside, she's the only female character that's been worth a damn in the Fox films.

Storm and Psylocke's treatment in Apocalypse after having their faces plastered all over the promotional material had me livid.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Disney were buying WB, and they saw Justice League and BvS, they'd cancel those. And those movies are better than the current X-men shit. Just because they can "make a profit" doesn't mean they're good for the MCU, Disney's cash cow they just spent a $50b check on. Those movies are done. Get over it.
Wow, you really think they will cancel those movies? Especially new Mutants? wow.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't like this. The government would be wise to block it but they won't.

Ok why? How will Disney dominate the world thanks to this deal?
Will the Disney Troopers put all the undesirables in camps?

EDIT:

Also, nothing is getting cancelled guys.
New Mutants and the Phoenix movie will still be coming out

At best they will think about salvaging something from those.
If Feige likes New Mutants, he may even keep the new cast and that's a Galactus sized IF

Deadpool 2 on the other hand may have a small something in the after credits scene
Don't expect Captain America but something like Wade having a one way phone call with Disney or something

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
T
Source... any links I had seen had it at 5% and Murdock's song getting the CEO position r even any position was not part of the deal.
It's because there isn't any source to that at all. Fox shareholders will get 25 percent spread amongst themselves. Murdoch and sons get 5 percent total amongst themselves. It's in the press release but people don't read apparently.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If Disney were buying WB, and they saw Justice League and BvS, they'd cancel those. And those movies are better than the current X-men shit. Just because they can "make a profit" doesn't mean they're good for the MCU, Disney's cash cow they just spent a $50b check on. Those movies are done. Get over it.
Ummmm are they?
The last X-Men movie, Apocalypse had a 52 meta critic. Justice League had a 45 and BVS had a 44. Hell on Rotten Tomatoes it had a 48 while Justice League and BVS had a 40 and 27%. So....overall the current Xmen shit is still better than the current DC shit.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish y'all could read that Disney is not having any part of Fox News.

5134434-2895259372-giphy.gif
I also wish people would stop bringing up 1994's Pulp Fiction. But if wishes were fishes...

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh the world itself was really dull... it was Logan and Laura's relationship that made the movie for me.

Fair enough! I felt like the world was perfect to reinforce the protagonist and the story. I feel like X23 could have carried another movie in it with that tone while also bringing in more overt messages of hope and renewal to the more dystopian setting.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
No the hell they weren't. Jean being a bastardized version of her comic counterpart aside, she's the only female character that's been worth a damn in the Fox films.

Storm and Psylocke's treatment in Apocalypse after having their faces plastered all over the promotional material had me livid.
Remember Jubilee from Apocalypse? Remember how they made a big deal about her being in the film?

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Press release here.

Lots of detail in the press release.

Fox News is not part of this deal, it will remain with the Murdochs. As will Fox Broadcasting Network, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 and a few other divisions.

Disney get all their TV and movie IP, plus FX, national geographic, and Fox's stakes in Hulu, Sky, Endemol and Fox Sports Regional Network.

Read the full press release for more details.
Well, I"m sad that it becomes a monopoly.
Buut, I"m happy that Nat Geo is no longer part of Uncle Ruperts Influence :).

So..... erm..... conflicted?

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ummmm are they?
The last X-Men movie, Apocalypse had a 52 meta critic. Justice League had a 45 and BVS had a 44. Hell on Rotten Tomatoes it had a 48 while Justice League and BVS had a 40 and 27%. So....overall the current Xmen shit is still better than the current DC shit.
Not by enough to not cancel it.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

What? The only recent X-Men movie you could possibly say is worse than Justice League and BvS is Apocalypse. And at that point, why is that even arguing?

Logan, Deadpool and DoFP were all very well reviewed movies that audiences loved.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know all the excuses people bring up, we'll see. I mean, do you think they'll give female X-Men solo movies? Do you think they'll give them the clear spotlight in the X-Men movies? We'll see.
They've run out of excuses.

...did Fox?

At least we know Carol and Wasp are getting a movie, and Carol will be the most powerful hero introduced when she does. Fox didn't do anything for anybody, with the best of the bunch on their side. I'm cool with this. Marvel's clearly trying going forward.

Oct 25, 2017

I've said elsewhere in this thread as to why this is an awkward and relatively unprecedented situation. I'd agree with you that aside from Deadpool anything that hasn't already been filmed can basically be forgotten about on the Fox Marvel side, but the fact remains that there are two X family films that have been filmed and are going through post production right now. It would be incredibly unusual for Disney / Fox to just burn those movies after filming them.

I think we'll know better about those two movies in the coming weeks and months. Iger called out Deadpool as a point of what had been successful, but I don't hear him bigging up Dark Phoenix.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's not like they didn't just have a badass female villain in Hela. Or Valkyrie was damn sweet too. Throw in what seems to be some good female characters in Black Panther too and they are underway. Hell Captain Marvel is coming up too. MCU is building good female characters while Fox and their Xmen were getting worse.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough! I felt like the world was perfect to reinforce the protagonist and the story. I feel like X23 could have carried another movie in it with that tone while also bringing in more overt messages of hope and renewal to the more dystopian setting.

Side note I low key have to just pretend the damn thing is it's own universe because the idea that they undid the happy ending of DOFP just so High Jackman could do Old Man Logan and die annoys me. Love the movie (minus the clone) but yeah.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a comic fan for a while, reading lots of them over the years but can someone please answer me a question. Honestly not trying to come off as dickish and i'm Genuinely interested: why do people like Fantastic Four and are so excited to finally see them "done right" by Disney/Marvel. They have always seemed like the most boring/least interesting heroes in Marvel comics to me. Granted i've Never fully read their solo comic; i've Tried multiple times with different runs and it is either boring or they (mostly Mr. Fantastic and his children) are stupidly overpowered to the point nothing is a threat. Doctor Doom has been an interesting villian when threatening the broader universe so I get the excitement of him being set up as a larger villain in the style of Thanos but I have zero interest in a Fantasic Four movie.

As for the Xmen in the MCU, I could take them or leave them. I'd almost prefer to leave them separate as The MCU not having them has forced them to rely on lesser properties to amazing effect (GotG)

It's been so long since FF were good that no one remembers. As a kid I loved them.

And pretty sure a lot of people want them for Dr Doom. He seems to have been tagged as most wanted villain for the MCU.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
On the one hand, Fox News now has billions of additional dollars to expand their absolute garbage views and fake news to further harm the US.

On the other hand, maybe I'll get to see Wolverine fight Hulk.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was never worried about that.
I am, however, worried that they will start to force MCU crap on Deadpool.

Pretty much. Someone earlier was like THEY NEED TO DO RESHOOTS TO DEADPOOL 2 TO SHOW THAT ITS A PART OF THE MCU AND HAVE DEAPOOL TALKING WITH SLIDERMAN AND FALCON RIGHT NOW

I felt my gag reflex

Deadpool played fast and loose WITHIN the X-Men universe even by the who gives a fuck standards of Fox's X-Men.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's been so long since FF were good that no one remembers. As a kid I loved them.

And pretty sure a lot of people want them for Dr Doom. He seems to have been tagged as most wanted villain for the MCU.
Dr Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer...all good villains and characters that would be great to bring in and done properly.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What? The only recent X-Men movie you could possibly say is worse than Justice League and BvS is Apocalypse. And at that point, why is that even arguing?

Logan, Deadpool and DoFP were all very well reviewed movies that audiences loved.
Logan and Deadpool aren't in the same universe as First Class and Apocalypse, which sucked. DoFP was just ok. Not worth saving that universe.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see it now. Next Avengers movie after Infinity War. In the trailer Hulk loses control. He's smashing shit up and then you see a rocky foot and hear "It's clobberin' time" then you get a full shot of Thing and he starts rushing at Hulk. Fuck yes.

Also, why the fuck couldn't this happen months ago before we had to stop selling the Fantastic Four!? (Marvel Heroes) :(

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Fox put a spotlight on Mystique in the X-Men movies and is making a Dark Phoenix movie. I'm also not quite sure how Fox doing shit somehow excuses Marvel.

At least we know Carol and Wasp are getting a movie, and Carol will be the most powerful hero introduced when she does.
Yeah, took them only ten years and twenty or so movies. I mean, we'll see going forward. We'll see e.g. with A3 and A4, we'll see with their next slate of movies how much these female characters matter.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely hoping they keep Deadpool off in his own little R rated corner.

You know, as a quarantine, so I don't ever have to watch a movie with him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.