Status
Not open for further replies.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Truly the darkest timeline...

Thank god that Sony still owns Spider Man. I hope they will never give it to Disney.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
From the press release:

DRAd42nWAAUA7D4.jpg

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disney now own Al Bundy.
I always wondered when this topic would come up. I think it was fine then, and I think it's fine now. It's a comedy movie and a product of its time.

Also:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Hooray for monopolies!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

They're unstoppable :/

Competition laws not raise an eyebrow about this?

Yay! Already huge company with way too much control over the market gets even bigger.

Benefits to the consumers ya'll

I SAID BENEFITS, NOW BOW TO YOUR CORPORATE OVERLORDS AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

Disney positioning themselves to be one of the international megacorps (of our dystopian future,) responsible for keeping the population sedated with entertainment.

I wouldn't be. What's to celebrate? Disney's monopoly on our media? Yay?

Revolting, they're becoming an monopoly. This shouldn't be legal.

Time to break up Disney.

Oh good, I was worried our mega-corporation dominated cyberpunk dystopia wasn't coming quickly enough.

Yeah monopolies aren't good. I'm as excited to see X-men in the MCU as anyone but no one company should have thismuch control.

Disney is scary as fuck.

Disney is basically becoming a monopoly at this point. :P

Truly the darkest timeline...

Thank god that Sony still owns Spider Man. I hope they will never give it to Disney.
tumblr_orekbyxN7r1qmt01xo5_500.gif

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate : /
I really wish the acquisition is going to be stopped, because I feel that Disney is becoming far too large in the media marketplace. Doubt it's going to happen, however.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, will they create their own new Streaming platform from the ground up, or would it make sense to just build upon Hulu?

Disney acquired MLBAM, which runs MLB.TV among other streaming properties, to create their own streaming service. I believe they're targeting when their content expires off of Netflix in 2019 but I could have the date incorrect.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Cool for Marvel, can't wait to see that !

But I'm worry about the number of movies which will be released...
For example (not real numbers), Disney release 6 movies/year and Fox 14 movies/year
Now I don't think Disney will release 20 movies/year, even 15 movies either...

And I don't see Disney develop, produce and release movies like The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water or The Martian

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the question now is, will regulators let the acquisition go through? Do we think the chances of that are pretty good, or will concessions have to be made?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Say good bye to R-rated Marvel movies, say hello to kiddie shit...going to enjoy the hell out of Deadpool 2, after that Deadpool become a PG13 cunt..

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate : /
I really wish the acquisition is going to be stopped, because I feel that Disney is becoming far too large in the media marketplace. Doubt it's going to happen, however.

It was going to be either a Comcast merger or a Disney merger, there's no way around that. We got the lesser of two evils.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Never thought I would be hyped for more of a monopoly, but I really really want X-Men and Fantastic Four done right, and put into the MCU.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly not sure what this brings for X-Men. More often than not I loved the X-Men films - aside from The Last Stand and Apocalypse, which were still decent/good, but not as awesome as X1/2/FC/DoFP). As opposed to the recent MCU films, which I never really seemed to care for. Haven't seen Homecoming yet though, but I love Spiderman as a character so I'd probably like that one.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
90s reaction to the Disney/Fox deal: FUCK THE MOUSE BURN IT ALL DOWN CRUSH THE CORPORATE OVERLORDS!!!!!!

10s reaction to the Disney/Fox deal: THE X-MEN ARE GONNA BE IN THE AVENGERS AND WE'RE GONNA GET A NEW STAR WARS BOX SET!!!!!!

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
It was going to be either a Comcast merger or a Disney merger, there's no way around that. We got the lesser of two evils.
Lesser of two evils doesn't mean much to me. It shouldn't have happened at all.
And I'm honestly not convinced Disney is any better than Comcast in terms of owning too much of the media marketplace.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So the question now is, will regulators let the acquisition go through? Do we think the chances of that are pretty good, or will concessions have to be made?

There's no real reason to block it... they purposely didn't buy the Fox Network for example.
Say good bye to R-rated Marvel movies, say hello to kiddie shit...going to enjoy the hell out of Deadpool 2, after that Deadpool become a PG13 cunt..
Classy

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Doom killing Thanos on Avengers 4.

Last edited:

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Disney seems to be getting too big.

For the immediate future though I'm more concerned with whether this means Fox news will get revamped to not be a steaming pile of propaganda, or if it will just give Fox news even more reach.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Lol. No one is forced to watch Star Wars, Marvel stuff or anything else. What's with the monopoly argument? There are plenty of other IPs in the world.

Lol you're right. People talking about competition law must think Fox was Disney's only competition, there's a hell of a lot more out there. Not saying this couldn't be a bad thing in terms of power consolidation but it's nowhere remotely near a monopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.