Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So that means that they now own the rights for home video distribution of the first versions of the OT Star wars films?

Oct 25, 2017
4Nr5SqwY.gif

Perfect.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I know, I'm just kind of throwing it out there. The pearl clutching over this is pretty silly, I think they see the value in Deadpool's raunchiness and I doubt Reynolds would still bother even if it gave him the chance to yuck it up with some MCU peeps.

There's also a question of is Deadpool 2 gonna be any good

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
Awesome news. Was hoping Disney would buy FOX News and launch Hannity into the sun but this is pretty good.

LowMax

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of course not. Takes a while to sort through a merger this size with all it's assets. Probably won't be seeing anything of the sort for a year.

But it's going to be incredible to have SW, Marvel, and Avatar trading off box office returns. Holy crap!
I mean, they announced Star Wars VII VIII and IX immediately when they acquired lucasfilm.

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
Secret Wars!! DOOM!! Silver Surfer!! Age of Apocalypse!! Uncanny X-Force!! Illuminati!! My geek brain is in overload now!!

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Murdoch wouldn't sell Fox News. I see what you mean, though. This deal excludes Fox News and Fox Sports 1, the latter of which I imagine is because Disney already owns ESPN, so owning a second sports network wouldn't do much, not to mention it would attract more regulatory issues. However, the deal DOES include the Fox Sports regional networks.

ComicCon the next couple years is gonna have some crazy anticipation from fans!
Yeah ESPN already owns 4 national networks(ESPN, 2, U, News) and a pretty much national network (SEC), but getting into RSNs has been a dream of theirs since the 90's.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I love Marvel but jeez I'll be honest I was lowkey hoping this wouldn't happen.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
They don't seem to mind with the Netflix Marvel TV shows.
Not just that, they didn't mind releasing R-rated movies back when they owned Miramax (Quentin Tarantino films released in the 90s) and Dimension Films (horror slasher movies). Really wish people would stop posting nonsense like "hur dur durr Disney thinks R is evil hur dur"

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is done.

Before this the crazy impossible thing in the entertainment industry before this was Marvel getting Spider-man and Sony's Big Three E3 of 2015. This blows all that away.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they Dr Doom is more a Loki tier villain than the standard MCU fare.

The major focus will be in Xmen I think. I hope this doesn't compromise the chances of more movies like deadpool and Logan. Imagine deadpool 3 ends up being pg13 lol.

Not really sure how to feel about this. The prospect of xmen in MCU isn't one that excites me to be honest.

Oct 25, 2017
The marvel stuff is all well and good but jesus christ how can one company owning so many properties, channels, studios and services be a good thing.

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No it's not. From the PR of the Sony/Marvel deal for Spider-Man

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
People love Doom, but the dude looks ridiculous in live action. Sorry Doom fans.

Oct 31, 2017
Soooooo does this mean that now Marvel and Diseny want us to care about the X-Men?

I believe that given the current political and social climate, along with X-Men's own history, that they will be pushed pretty hard. One could argue that X-Men were just as popular, if not more popular, than Spider-Man in the 90s.

I wonder if merchandise and whatnot will start being released right away.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The worst is that Murdoch still controls FoxNews so it'll continue to be a propaganda POS channel.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe an odd question but do we think Disney will keep the Fox name to release R-Rated movies? Because, the last I checked, Disney will not release an R-rated movie under the Disney name.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Praise the mouse.

I'm glad we might finally start getting more X-Men merch.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It would be hilarious if they kill the XMen films in production.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Since they are the major shareholder of Hulu, what's the point of launching their own streaming service? Does the content from other shareholders bothers them? (NBC/Universal, Warner Bros)

Status
Not open for further replies.