• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

It's raining in LA..

Oct 27, 2017
It was dry here in Koreatown, then booming thunder for a few minutes and it just started pouring.

That's the best. It's like the rain announcing itself.

Oct 26, 2017
My phone has gotten 3 severe flood warnings for the area. If I look at a severe flood warning map, the whole county is basically dark red.
Considering my county was ground zero for massive fires for the past two years, it's not great atm.

Thunder is booming outside, haven't seen actual lighting and thunder storms happen so often like this since I was a kid up in Monterrey.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
DC
In the area for work. What is going on today? Was traveling up to Santa Monica from Anaheim and traffic has been wild. First time in CA so this is all new for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I haven’t been able to consistently do my nightly runs in over a month. Now I know how it feels for people from other states who normally experience actual winter. I hate it.

Last edited:

menacer

Banned
Dec 15, 2018
I live in the Northeast and every time a heavy rainstorm happens my phone goes off with an emergency alert warning off a "flood warning" and it's usually just a heavy downpour that lasts 30 minutes and doesn't amount to nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
Rain's sweeping through Hollywood at the moment, just really picked up and started pouring. Falling a lot heavier than usual.

I'm indoors and don't have to move between buildings or drive, so this is great.

Oct 27, 2017
It was raining really hard in the LAX area about 30 minutes ago. I’m really loving the rain. It reminds me of the rains in the mid 90s.