Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thunderstorms out in the desert and Inland Empire
Saw some absolutely amazing clouds from this from Montebello
BYjSRdS.png

YQ09GXp.png

the photos don't do is justice how massive they were. Easily 3 miles high. This is like 30 miles out

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Crazy thunder and lightning along with rain here in OC. Legit do not remember the last time I heard thunder.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Driving down PCH just now and HOLY SHIT. Never lighting like that in my entire life. Every car was driving like 35mph so they could gawk at it.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just got a flood advisory for Glendora, Monrovia, Azusa and Arcadia... wtf. its still technically summer

edit: I don't live there but I have the FEMA app and it alerts me to floods in LA county

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Summertime thunderstorms here in SoCal are so random. I did notice big clouds over the San Gabriel and Santa Ana Mountains earlier in the day, that kinda gave a signal of a thundery rest of the day, good thing it happened this late at night. I thought the thunder i was hearing in the distance was Disneyland fireworks and I was first like "wow, the fireworks are late today" until I saw flashes outside.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Raining like crazy with thunderstorm in Irvine. ⛈
Yeah the thunder here is insane. I felt bad because I had to take my cat to the vet and she always fights me on going in the box, so she was already super stressed out, but coming home it started raining and hearing the thunder scared her so much she ran out the cat door, only to be greeted by rain lol.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Reasonably large thunderstorm down here in San Diego.

It was pouring for at least an hour after some hail as well. I live east of Chula Vista and was directly overhead for a while. It's moved on a bit, but I can still hear thunder now and then and it's been several hours now. Starting to see flashes now that it has gotten a bit darker.

My Ring Neighbors notifications are going crazy with people spotting dogs that have run away. :(
I'm not surprised, I checked the weather earlier in the day and it said partly cloudy with a small chance of rain, so I'm sure people didn't think they needed their dogs inside.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Reasonably large thunderstorm down here in San Diego.

It was pouring for at least an hour after some hail as well. I live east of Chula Vista and was directly overhead for a while. It's moved on a bit, but I can still hear thunder now and then and it's been several hours now. Starting to see flashes now that it has gotten a bit darker.

My Ring Neighbors notifications are going crazy with people spotting dogs that have run away. :(
I'm not surprised, I checked the weather earlier in the day and it said partly cloudy with a small chance of rain, so I'm sure people didn't think they needed their dogs inside.
Yep, downtown right now and it was coming down reasonably hard with some big thunder.

Think I'll knock off work early and go home and enjoy the rain a bit.

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
Rained a little, some thunder. Made the drive home like twice as long even though the roads weren't really that wet, thanks Irvine drivers.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Thor, God of Thunder has entered the chat.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I've been sitting here playing Starfox Adventures and heard rumbling. My first thought was that it was one of those big garbage trucks outside just picking up trash from the dumpsters. Then it kept persisting and I was wondering wha the heck they were doing out there. Then I heard another booming sound from a different direction which prompted me to then check outside and realize it's actually a thunderstorm.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Man I can't even remember the last time we had an full-on thunderstorm here.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Getting lightning every few minutes and sprinkling in NoHo.

Edit: what happened to the "Are you ok?" part of the thread title? 😂

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
The new weather app on the iPhone seems pretty accurate in letting you know when it's going to rain where you are at. My son had golf lessons earlier and I got a notification that it would rain lightly at 3:58 pm. Lesson was over at 4 and the sprinkles started happening. On the drive home it hit hard for a few minutes. I can't believe all the lightning streaks we from inside the car. Of course all this happens after washing both cars this weekend. 😐

SmackDaddy

Nov 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I miss Ohio thunderstorms. The thunder was pretty insane a few mins ago tho. Little bit of rain, medium-heavy for a few minutes.

I'll take what I can get at this time

Gin & Phonics

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The thunder was pretty crazy here in West L.A. for a bit. Sounded like my neighbors were repeatedly dropping heavy furniture for 10 seconds. My whole apartment was shaking.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Had to deal with a good 10 minute temper tantrum from my kid when the rain stopped because she said she wanted it to keep going until she went to sleep...