TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
D1FEs4NU8AACDT4.jpg:large

"Special Forces must run in the family. Welcome Jacqui Briggs back to kombat in #MK11."

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/status/1103738942015234049

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I think I like the MKX designs for every single character I've seen in MK11 that's returning. Yeesh. Her and Cassie look like totally different people.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
mortal-kombat-x_jacqui_briggs_boot_camp_2.jpg

Really good redesign overall, althought I'm not quite sure why she got breast reduction surgery but hey, whatever, her design is better overall now.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I know I'm not supposed to pre-order games, but I'm sorry, y'all. I gotta let y'all down. I'm pre-ordering this shit right now. That is a fantastic redesign. Really hope they lean into her boxing with her gameplay. I'm ready to duff y'all the fuck out with her.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Yeah, she looks like an entire other ethnicity too.
Kind of weird.

EDIT : By the way, what's up with green outfit and black people in videogames ?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't have feelings on Jacqui either way but this model looks like a Mass Effect character. Not a bad or a good thing - she just doesn't look like a model from MK. Like, she looks like she should be on the Citadel rather than from Earthrealm.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they gave her a much less generic looking face. It seems like the traces of her african-american heritage were enhanced, so to say. Looking pretty good, IMO.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Really hope they lean into her boxing with her gameplay.
I have some news.. This was part of the official press release that dropped alongside the story trailer yesterday.

Jacqui Briggs – A competitive fighter trained in kickboxing and martial arts, Jacqui Briggs follows in the footsteps of her father, Jax Briggs, as a member of the Special Forces. She believes her duty is to protect Earthrealm and her family, no matter the risk.

Jacqui Briggs – A competitive fighter trained in kickboxing and martial arts

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's probably just me but I immediately thought of Max from Living Single lol.
hqdefault.jpg

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
people need to understand that the more long running series start to transition to mocap, scanning actors, etc, designs will change a bit., which seems to be the case for MK here.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Her main outfit looks a lot like Cassie's, right?

They look straight out of Mass Effect or something. I like her redesign though.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
No gameplay video?
Wasn't a fan of her at all in MKX. Just remember a bunch of Full Auto spam, and personality wise I don't remember anything besides she's just Cassie's best friend and Jax's daughter lol

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Her main outfit looks a lot like Cassie's, right?

They look straight out of Mass Effect or something. I like her redesign though.

I get a bit more of an Overwatch design but I prefer it like this. Her previous outfit was a bit too normal and characterless. This actually has a lot more personality to it, even if less realistic.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
The Kombat Kids are looking a lot better in this game and I even warmed up quite a bit to Cassie's new voice.