• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Jacqui should looks closer to her MKX concept art IMO

z204mqs9n4s01.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the youth squad in MKX, I hope that all 4 of them appear in this game

May 5, 2018
Willing to give Jacqui a shot since I never played X, though she looks way different here than she did previously. At least with her back hopefully Jax is back right? He was my second main behind Smoke and if he's back he'll probably be my dude again.

SCJoe

Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully they give her a overhaul. Once they nerfed shotgun variation, the only metaviable variation became sit on other side of screen and shoot at people. I switched to Scorpion right after that development.

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair that happens a lot in NRS games haha.
Yeah, MK had a long history of completely changing character designs between games. Back when they use real people as images, they literally change actors and actresses. Sonya being an early example, but basically nearlly all of them got changed frequently. That's compared to tradicinial CGI or animation where you tend to keep the same design.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Cool! Another improved design over MKX. I wouldn't mind seeing a gameplay trailer for Jacqui too though.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
The model looks good but dam if the outfit doesn't look like she took it from Cassie.
Still mad no Reptile.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
She was a Kombat Kid. I imagine they wanted her to have skills and a personality that seemed like it came from Jax. Which she did. Which those concepts, as dope as they are, do not.

You never know, she could have been all "I hate you dad, I always wanted to be a ninja not a soldier!" Then runs off and trains with scorpion.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that be the other way around? I'm not knowledgeable about NRS development, but seems to be design would be finalized first before attaching personality/skills to it.

Unlikely. She's the daughter of Jackson Briggs. They most likely wanted a design that would invoke that feeling. Whereas none of those designs make any connection to Jax.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I actually liked all of them except for...the one dude. I remember Cassie, Jacqui, and Takeda. The other guy...not so much.
That's actually how I remember him lol, as the fourth one. I've even played the story in January but not even that can make him stick around in my mind.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jacqui back with the character I won't play in mk. Don't see anything that seems interesting again in her. What's so different about her?

Oct 25, 2017
Unlikely. She's the daughter of Jackson Briggs. They most likely wanted a design that would invoke that feeling. Whereas none of those designs make any connection to Jax.
Designs 1 and 2 clearly have sleeker bionic arms in reference to Jax, 3 has one bionic arm with wires around the wrist and other normal with access to a sword and a knife, 4 and 5 have the samurai arm guard + fingerless gloves in a clear reference to him as well, not to mention the military looking pants and dog tags. No connections is a stretch.

Maybe NRS was playing around with the idea of her having some training from Edenia, explaining the samuraish aspects/weapons and the general outfit.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Jacqui looks great... Hmmm... Maybe they will win my purchase, even without Reptile. Undeniably, the game looks great.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

The worst part is that not only did they change the voice into her but her overall look screams Ronda so she will only be Ronda instead of Sonia Blade in the eyes of most people. I really hate when developers kill their characters like this.

And it sucks cause I loved Tricia Helfer as Sonya.