• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Aew and NXT both peaked at the same time which probably has more to do with the NBA game rather than any segment

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Brookes heading off to Japan for a year I can understand Progress not wanting to do too much with him, but if there's one guy in recent years who I would say has been a definite draw for Progress, it's him. There's a subsection of the fandom who'll absolutely go to the shows if Brookes is on it.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
With Brookes heading off to Japan for a year I can understand Progress not wanting to do too much with him, but if there's one guy in recent years who I would say has been a definite draw for Progress, it's him. There's a subsection of the fandom who'll absolutely go to the shows if Brookes is on it.
Yeah, I think it's weird that they seemingly don't have a goodbye match or something for him like most promotions seem to.

Also said on the stream:
Someone asked how much they have to raise to bring Tim Thatcher to a SCHADENFREUDE & Friends show and they said money isn't a problem, he doesn't want to do it, lol.

Sanshiro Takagi saw Brookes and Lykos at the FCP show and wanted to bring them both over but since Lykos got injured/retired it was just Brookes.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I think it's weird that they seemingly don't have a goodbye match or something for him like most promotions seem to.

Also said on the stream:
Someone asked how much they have to raise to bring Tim Thatcher to a SCHADENFREUDE & Friends show and they said money isn't a problem, he doesn't want to do it, lol.

Sanshiro Takagi saw Brookes and Lykos at the FCP show and wanted to bring them both over but since Lykos got injured/retired it was just Brookes.
People just disappear a lot at PROGRESS, look at a Rampage or a Mastiff. The one that really surprised me was Sexsmith never coming back for even a spot

They just brought Lykos in again to just cut a promo at Unboxing in December, so I don't think it's a "fuck Brookes" thing from their end.

Someone asked about Thatcher on the first stream and they said he didn't want to come here on a weekday, Brookes Thatcher impression killed me "I just can't do it sir!"

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Io and Kairi speak for Io and Kairi. Plenty of Japanese wrestlers for some reason or another see WWE as the place to be. Io and Kairi's motivations for leaving are clear but also not universal. Kairi has been outspoken about wanting to appeal to kids with wrestling and that is the opposite of WWE's demo and the opposite of her current booking. As for Io general discontent with living in Florida and dating Evil will do that. I think Io might go back to Japan because Bushi Road is opening the piggy bank but Kenny has been outspoken that there is no talent he wants to land more than Kairi. Either WWE offers her so much money it would be foolish to decline or Kenny offers a platform to do what she has wanted to do with some of AEW's new money and she fills the Kylie Rae shaped hole at the top of the card.
Io has made it pretty clear her end goal in WWE is to make money and get exposure worldwide. Something that Bushiroad cannot provide her with. At least compared to WWE. Plus she already had a ton of exposure in Japan anyways, appearing on various TV shows, and various publications. She also sorta put STARDOM creative on blast a couple of months ago in an interview with Pro Wrestle Magazine (JP publication), because she's had her current NXT character in mind for a very long time, but they wouldn't let her do it in STARDOM because she made them too much money as the "ace" of the company. And that was before Bushiroad forced out Kagetsu and Hazuki, the two people she personally handpicked to lead the locker room.

As for being engaged to EVIL, Dave is just speculating that she's unhappy, but she's also posted on her blog in both November and December emphasizing that she's pretty happy working for WWE right now, and has settled into life without any issues in Orlando.

Kairi is in a weird spot booking wise, but lots of adults still bring their kids to house shows and TV tapings. Those are the people she wants to appeal to. That younger demographic. She's not trying to appeal to the 18+ demo. But she's probably going to get a huge sack of cash to stick around in WWE considering Gallows and Anderson are getting a combined total of $1.5m. And with Kenny letting it slip that she is priority #1 for AEW's Women's Division, that will probably spook WWE a bit more as well.

As for her plugging the Japan tour, she sent out a tweet saying she will definitely be there to wrestle in front of her home country. So no, I don't think her contract is up soon like Dave seemed to speculate. Casey hinted at it like three/four months ago as well, saying people needed to stop wasting time speculating on the status of Kairi's contract and instead focus on contracts that are actually up soon.

Last edited:

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
One neat thing I noticed about Edge's entrance in the Rumble was how he went from the emotions to his gameface in sync with his music going "Another chance to change a dream".

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I dunno why but this popped into my head today. I remember buying the cd as a kid and being pissed off that it wasn't the real version,lol.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a post rumble and Edge return. Keep in mind that the wedding got more than this.

KIGqJY1.gif

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
I dunno why but this popped into my head today. I remember buying the cd as a kid and being pissed off that it wasn't the real version,lol.

I know its obviously not him, but do kinda see why a lot of people think it's Vince who's singing this version. Voice is definitely wrong, but it definitely has his kinda delivery.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
When are people going to realize that Meltzer does not have a good read on the thoughts of Japanese talent at any promotion.

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random thought but I'm a little upset that I couldn't follow Gabe before he went private after the David Starr shenanigans. People are still trashing him on twitter (including one wrestler who said Gabe didn't pay him and also body shamed him) so I worry that I'm missing some fire responses from BookItGabe.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
WOW, that's real bad. Post Rumble is like the first or second biggest Raw of the year (outside of anniversary type legend stuffed Raw's), plus Edge was promoted the entire night.
I was looking at the demos for that show, and RAW had the strongest demos across the board on all of cable TV that night. They placed in #1, #2, and #3 in the ratings. So it seems like TV in general was down last night.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
For what it's worth I'd rather Sunny not get banned on my behalf. I didn't respond to that post for a reason and I shouldn't have responded in the first place given that convo always goes the same way.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Santino coming out to Billy & Chuck music reminded me of when wwe aired a package of them getting praise from GLADD for having a gay wedding storyline and then pulling the "We're not gay" card at said wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.