• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
fdd11750-0c97-4f32-b12a-b1e20332895f.gif

lukeskymac

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When would they announce it? Tomorrow? Random Tuesday? Today at the end of the State of Play, even though they said it wouldn't have PS5 news?

May 25, 2019
London
Sounds like this will be some games, but not the full blown reveal we all want. Sounds like they still want to see Microsoft commit to a date and price before they do.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this initial presentation will be reigned in a bit with more in the coming months.

That would completely fine with me tbh. A nice hardware trailer similar to what Microsoft showed at The Game Awards plus a few launch window game announcements would still be incredibly hype!

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
But haven't they always given us the box at least by this point in time historically? I can see price and date being later on, but the design itself and some launch games are surely a lock in for the first big reveal (to gamers and not developers) yeah?

By box I mean the hardware design.

I wouldn't expect that at this event.

Yes, by around now we'd normally see the hardware design, but we're a bit behind where we normally are. With PS4 we saw game software and controller first, and hardware and price/release-date together later.

With PS5 we've had the controller, but (basically) no software. So I expect software here - and that's what the rumour suggests. And then a little later, hardware+price+release rollout info. I think those things go together well in one event/announcement.

Oct 25, 2017
When would they announce it? Tomorrow? Random Tuesday? Today at the end of the State of Play, even though they said it wouldn't have PS5 news?

Going by what they've done for State of Plays I would think Monday is the latest if it is on Wednesday. You would think they'd want to give more time for the first PS5 reveal so I could see it any day this week before the weekend too.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not as excited as I was several weeks ago. Not sure if it's me, or Sony's marketing strategy this time around just isn't clicking with me. Anyone else feel the same?