• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm so ready
giphy.gif

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I just want to know if there is some form of ps3 BC so I can clear my ps3 backlog until ps5 launches if there is no bc.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I know but from what he said (Jeff), maybe there is only the price Sony don't want to give (and the release date)

Maybe we can expect PS5 design after all ?

I don't think they'll show the design until they're ready to announce price and release date.

At least to me it makes all the sense in the world to keep that card in their back pocket.

Games alone will bring eyeballs and attention next week.

The hardware reveal will bring eyeballs and attention to that crucial price/release-info announcement later.

Why spend all your marketing beats in one go? A price/release-date announcement video could be fairly boring or run-of-the-mill without 'something' more. A hardware reveal in that video jazzes things up a bit, and makes sure everyone will be watching that video too.

I think - and hope for expectations' sake - that when they do tease this event, they make it clear what the parameters are. If they bill it as a software showcase, or 'your first look at PS5 games' or something, then that should pretty clearly calibrate expectations away from seeing the hardware design next week.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think they'll show the design until they're ready to announce price and release date.

At least to me it makes all the sense in the world to keep that card in their back pocket.

Games alone will bring eyeballs and attention next week.

The hardware reveal will bring eyeballs and attention to that crucial price/release-info announcement later.

Why spend all your marketing beats in one go? A price/release-date announcement video could be fairly boring or run-of-the-mill without 'something' more. A hardware reveal in that video jazzes things up a bit, and makes sure everyone will be watching that video.
Yeah you are probably right !

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I think a Silent Hill reveal is really all I *want*.

Anything else will be a nice surprise. Maybe the Bluepoint reveal, I can't wait to see what Legend of Dragoon on a PS5 looks like.

Saberus

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Here's what I'm expecting for it to not be a disappointing show:

• WipEout
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Ridge Racer
  • Horizon 2
  • God of War 2
  • Gravity Rush 3
  • New From IP
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet
WHAT? dude don't do this to yourself... you should be happy just to see the console and a couple of first party games for now, anything more is gravy.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Anything less than Final Fantasy XVI, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 8, Ape Escape 4, Gravity Rush 3, Demon's Souls Remake, Uncharted from the new studio, Street Fighter VI, The Last of Us: Factions, Puppeteer Remastered, Astro Bot 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 and I'll be very disappointed.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

• WipEout
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Ridge Racer
  • Horizon 2
  • God of War 2
  • Gravity Rush 3
  • New From IP
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet
lol. Here are the ones you'll *maybe* see
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Horizon 2
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Anything less than Final Fantasy XVI, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 8, Ape Escape 4, Gravity Rush 3, Demon's Souls Remake, Uncharted from the new studio, Street Fighter VI, The Last of Us: Factions, Puppeteer Remastered, Astro Bot 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 and I'll be very disappointed.

Strange omission of Knack 3 here... 🤔

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

• WipEout
  • Demons Souls
  • Silent Hill
  • Ridge Racer
  • Horizon 2
  • God of War 2
  • Gravity Rush 3
  • New From IP
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Resident Evil 8
  • Ratchet
theres like a big chance that you'll just get 1 from the list (maybe 2).

its probably going to be smaller devs showcasing their game.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK

You're missing Kn3ck.

Edit: Damnit, beaten.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
hoping for:
  • Console design
  • Game trailers showing PS5 only titles: Horizon, Ratchet, GT Demo/Concept
  • 1-2 Third Party reveals: maybe Harry Potter, Batman, RE8, Silent Hill, Starfield, etc
  • Launch window still holiday
  • Price, why wait? If it's $399, it sets the tone that will be hard to counter. If it's $499, yeah maybe wait for Xbox to say price
  • More details on BC: plz give us more than PS4 BC, even if it's just PS1 and Ps2
  • A demo of installs/OS speed showing advantages of SSD
Imo it is console design and games only. Price ui and BC and other stuff are later .

Last edited: