• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Not the same at all, teaming up with friends to take on tough challenges is where gaming is at and that's more of a throw back than swapping controllers. That takes it back to the arcade.
I'm fully aware it's not the same, but it's still possible to enjoy games with friends even if you aren't playing on your own system.

That being said, GOTG could probably be played co-op while still being an enjoyable story-drive (ie. non-Live Server) game. I guess we'll wait and see.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the point in even saying this a few days before.

Like just to get credit for getting it right? The way we treat leaks and insider info like gold is really annoying. We've done this to ourselves by hyper analyzing shit but I hate it.

Just let the teams show what they are going to show, we shouldn't give a shit that some press member knew about it beforehand.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Can't go around greenlighting shit like Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman, or any of that junk, when you need staff to make the next Assassin's Creed even more unnecessarily and unjustifiably large than the last unnecessarily and unjustifiably large one.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I need an exact date now for a late 2022 game? Seems dumb
Yeah, a generic 2022 date would suffice. Exact date for something that's coming out in a year and a half is eh. I guess it's MS just wanting to show their 2022 lineup will be huge, especially if 2021 doesn't have much beyond Ascent, Psychonauts 2, and Craig Infinite.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Like just to get credit for getting it right? The way we treat leaks and insider info like gold is really annoying. We've done this to ourselves by hyper analyzing shit but I hate it.

Just let the teams show what they are going to show, we shouldn't give a shit that some press member knew about it beforehand.

I don't really get the point of posting here if you don't want to see this. It's been this way for years. You know it, everyone knows it, and it's the same every year. If you don't want to see this and read about it, then don't come to ERA or other game sites. It's simple.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I bet Starfield is going to be 11.11.22.

tenor.gif

Sep 7, 2020

We are on a gaming enthusiast forum where we speculate and talk about games all day. It's to be expected. I personally get more hype because I want to see what the games look like and the concepts that the devs have in the game. The industry is already super secretive.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Lol at Beyond Good and Evil 2. I still believe what I said years ago that It was nothing more than a final dream game announcement from Ubisoft that would have been the first game scrapped when the Vivendi takeover happened and Ubisoft would go down as heroes, but the takeover didn't happen. Now they have a project that has gone basically nowhere in the past 4 years and they can't cancel it now since they can't shift the blame on Vivendi if they do.

I hate how right you probably are about this.

I'd love to play this game someday but I can't see it ever happening. Given the insane scope, to get it out, Ubi would probably need to give it to one (or more) of their major studios, which would mean prioritising it over like AC or Far Cry or something. And since it absolutely won't sell as well as those games would, it'll probably never happen.

The only hope I have is that it's some executive's "pet project" and it'll stay alive that way.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, bigger AssCreed than Valhalla?!
What the fuck would they even do to the map? Jesus christ, Ubisoft is taking wrong lessons even if these games are selling.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Bigger AC makes sense if you look at the numbers of valhalla. Best engagement numbers and sales for the franchise with valhalla so they will double down on that formula. And I will embrace it.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I just couldn't make it through Valhalla. That's the first AC game that lost my attention. Smaller, better quality is where I want them to go.

AC:Infinity and Beyond, with Buzz as playable character would be quite funnny.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin

Put me down for a tenner.

Argh, damn US dates. Ok, side bet. They will also announce they are switching all game release dates to the superior European format.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why the late spoils though?

I'd really prefer a complete unknown going into these conferences.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Fucking Bethesda. Did Starfield get multiple redesign or what? Looks like holiday 2022 title now.
It's a new IP. New lore, new gameplay systems, new everything. I bet it's much easier for them to make TES VI with its established lore, provinces, and models than to make something set in acompletely different world.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they're going to announce an exact Starfield date for late 2022, that tells me the game will most likely be done months ahead of that and they plan to hold it as a huge November game.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like it's just a matter of time before AC will crumble under it's own weight and the series will return once again to more focused style. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens after the next game.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
If they're going to announce an exact Starfield date for late 2022, that tells me the game will most likely be done months ahead of that and they plan to hold it as a huge November game.
It definitely feels like it's their best candidate for a big November game next year. It seems like it's too soon for, like, Gears 6, and a lot of the other stuff they've teased (Everwild, Avowed, Perfect Dark) feels further off.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Beyond Good and Evil 2. I still believe what I said years ago that It was nothing more than a final dream game announcement from Ubisoft that would have been the first game scrapped when the Vivendi takeover happened and Ubisoft would go down as heroes, but the takeover didn't happen. Now they have a project that has gone basically nowhere in the past 4 years and they can't cancel it now since they can't shift the blame on Vivendi if they do.
Ancel left back in September, that would've been the perfect time to shift the blame if they wanted that game canceled.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
That's likely one of the reasons, yes. I've always thought if the game wasn't making Fall 2021, then it'll be Fall 2022. Bethesda likes November release dates before the GOTY season.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Yearp - I know Bethesda loves their November releases, and if they're confident enough to give a date, I imagine they've at least got a clear(ish) path to the finish line.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tell me about it lol. How big an Assassin's Creed game is not the series main issue.
True. I mean AC's problems surely weren't "not enough side-missions" or "too tiny maps", etc.
Looks like Ubisoft is still stuck in the PS3/X360 era. "Look how big the map in our open-world game is. This time it's 2 times bigger!!!!1"
But hey, you do you Ubisoft.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Who the fuck played Valhalla and thought 'this game isn't big enough! We need to add more stuff!' Ah well, at least I know I won't touch the next one with a barge pole. They need to strip these games way the fuck down, add more compelling content, not just more content for the sake of it.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
The Starfield trailer will be prerendered, no way are they going to show gameplay over a year from release.