• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Link.

In a scene that sounds more like a movie plot than reality, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Green Power Ranger/MMA fighter Jason David Frank got into a heated altercation at Comic Con on Saturday.

The two stars have had an ongoing beef since Van Damme and Frank exchanged words back in 1995 at the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" premiere. Frank tried to settle their score by publicly challenging JC to a fight in 2010, but nothing ever happened … until yesterday.

Here's what went down:

Frank tells The Blast he was asked to share his green room with JC and his 20-person entourage at La Mole Comic Con in Mexico City. Despite their checkered past, Frank agreed.

Frank says he grew suspicious when Van Damme's handler approached him and asked him to take a photo with Van Damme.

Thinking Van Damme might just want to bury the hatchet, Frank went to meet up with him in the green room.

That's when the Power Ranger says he realized it was "all a setup." Frank tells us JC approached him with cameras rolling and demanded Frank apologize for calling him out in 2010 and said if he wanted a fight, "Let's throw down."

You can see the aggression in the video as the two stars beef up on each other, waiting for someone to throw the first punch. Frank even name drops his buddy Chuck Zito, who legendarily KO'd Van Damme at a topless bar in the 90s.

Van Damme and Frank both agreed to an MMA-style brawl and the Power Ranger grabbed the action star and put him in a headlock against the wall.

It was over before it even started — Frank says Van Damme froze up, seemingly surprised Frank was actually trying to fight him.

We're told they argued back and forth for a few more minutes and, eventually, security stepped in and broke it up.

It's unclear if Van Damme plans on releasing his footage of the altercation.

Video at the link.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
so old man yells at slightly younger man and is surprised when he can't keep up.

i'll stifle my surprise.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I like that Van Damme has an actual name in the video title and Frank is just written as Green Ranger.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Mmmm this is sad. It's not exciting to think about two aging screen fighters throw down. If anything make some VOD movie and rely on a director to make it exciting. These guys aren't even in the same weight class or age group.

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jason David Frank is known to be a jerk, he used to challenge Austin St-John to a fight all the time, even though the latter wasn't interested. Plus, he used to bully David Yost because he was gay.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Say what you will but Frank's actually done MMA shit

I like you Van Damme but bruh that's a bad idea

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bellator is probably already getting things in place to set up this circus fight as the headliner of their next PPV.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
He tried to kick that son of a bitch Green Ranger's ass so hard that the next Green Ranger wannabe was going to feel it.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Jason David Frank is known to be a jerk, he used to challenge Austin St-John to a fight all the time, even though the latter wasn't interested. Plus, he used to bully David Yost because he was gay.
Just as an FYI. David Yost never said or implied JDF was one of the ones who bullied him cause he was gay. It was the producers and stage crew. JDF was the one who did dumb pranks all the time.

Doesn't mean JDF wasn't a jerk. He just wasn't a homophobic one and he and David Yost do panels together still all the time.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
JVD, the day Jason David Frank put you in a headlock was the most important day of your life.

But for him, it was Tuesday...

Oct 30, 2017
kFGLEr4.png

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Wait? I thought Jason and David were really good friends on set. Host would baby sit Jason's kid

You're correct. People mixup the fact that JDF played pranks on the cast with the bullying Yost received from producers and stage crew. Afaik, none of the actual main cast bullied Yost and were good friends with him.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
omg no stop this bullshit. Yost was bullied by the producers of the show. He and Frank are best buds.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Just as an FYI. David Yost never said or implied JDF was one of the ones who bullied him cause he was gay. It was the producers and stage crew. JDF was the one who did dumb pranks all the time.

Doesn't mean JDF wasn't a jerk. He just wasn't a homophobic one and he and David Yost do panels together still all the time.
I was at a panel last year when Yost stopped the panel to phone JDF because he just remembered it was JDF's birthday and didn't want to forget to wish him well. He then got the entire audience to sing to JDF.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, i remember fondly his time as a Ranger, and Van Damme is washed up, still, does JDF really think he's on the same level of stardom as Van Damme?

In any case, kudos to him for actually going for it, i guess JVD was bluffing and Frank called the bluff.

Wait, really?

I was always understood the whole thing as Yost being bullied by everyone in the cast in general.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Two dudes holding on to past glory with a deathgrip end up slap boxing.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I was always understood the whole thing as Yost being bullied by everyone in the cast in general.
He's always maintained it was production side.

If he had been bullied by the other actors, he's long since buried the hatchet with them, given how much he pals around with the surviving original cast.