• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
MBlqFgd.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D0yFgZnmYM
Special Three-Night Fan Event September 19, 20, and 21 Only in Theaters

Timo Vuorensola's highly anticipated new chapter in the Jeepers Creepers franchise Jeepers Creepers Reborn will come to audiences via a three-night fan premiere event offered exclusively through Fathom Events nationwide.
Jeepers Creepers Reborn unfolds as the Horror Hound Festival holds its first ever event in Louisiana, where it attracts hundreds of geeks, freaks and die-hard horror fans from far and wide. Among them is fanboy Chase and his girlfriend Laine, who is forced to come along for the ride. But as the event approaches, Laine begins to experience unexplained premonitions and disturbing visions associated with the town's past, and in particular, local legend/urban myth The Creeper. As the festival arrives and the blood-soaked entertainment builds to a frenzy, Laine believes that something unearthly has been summoned…and that she is at the center of it.
Jeepers Creepers Reborn is directed by Timo Vuorensola (Iron Sky), written by Jake Seal and Sean-Michael Argo and produced by Michael Ohoven and Jake Seal. The film stars Imran Adams, Sydney Craven, Gabriel Freilich and Pete Brooke with Gary Graham and Dee Wallace.
Additional, equally as bad, poster:
G26suLn.jpg

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Looks kinda fun. Salva has nothing to do with this, right? Looks like a different director at least.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Color me at least mildly interested as long as Victor Salva isn't attached to this in any way.

Whether this turns out any good or not, there's no doubt in my mind that it'll at least be miles and miles better than Jeepers Creepers 3, but that may be the lowest bar ever achievable.

Look what they did to once good horror franchise.

Something tells me you never saw 3.

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like only the first half of the first movie was the only good thing in this whole film series.

Last edited:

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Looks like a really fun slasher, I could use one of those. And without Victor Salva's involvement this is a sure watch from me.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
is that pedophile Victor Salva still getting money off of this? because fucking ewwwww

SoWizardBreh

Oct 30, 2017
If there is a guarantee that the pedophile creator of the franchise does not get a cent, then I'll check it out.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I've always interpreted the creeper as being a bit more feral than going out of his way to play music before he gets a kill. Been a super long time since I saw the films though so may be misremembering since I can only remember the second one with the bus and the most sophisticated thing he did was like, the weird bone shuriken thing.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you're joking?

Jeepers Creepers is trash tier horror that's stayed relevant thanks to a decent first movie and a very memorable monster.

This looks like it will continue the trend.

I'm not JC 1 and 2 are good horror movies, sadly tied down to a fucking creep(no pun intended)

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cheap…… loved the 1st movie mostly because it was original, the follow ups were just money grabs.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Salva created the Creeper so he owns the IP and gets money from anything Jeepers Creepers no matter what. Lot of folks excusing this cause "he's not director". No he's still getting paid.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Why hasn't this guy been black listed yet?
I mean, considering he wrote and directed the first two films there's likely no reality where the franchise is severed from him completely. Fwiw he's only listed as producer here, and pretty far down the list, so it's almost certainly just a title thing. He very likely wasn't involved with the actual creative at all. But if him making any money at all from this movie existing is what people want to not support, that will likely be almost impossible at any point in the franchise

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
The first movie hit hard and then... it just went to shits. Like complete shits.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If you want nothing to do with Salva, understand this franchise has always been the work of a man convicted for raping a child. His crimes were all committed before any of the Jeepers Creepers films were made. The films can easily be read as Salva seeing the Creep as the evil within himself turned flesh on the movie screen. That the Creep goes after young men is pretty telling.

Personally, I enjoy the movies, but I don't want anyone to watch it without understanding what Salva did. As far as we know he hasn't reoffended (in a good long while) and so long as he isn't anywhere near underage children on a movie set, I'm personally willing to watch this. BUT these movies should always always always come with loud press informing people about Salva.

For comparison, I refuse to watch anything Polanski has done, in no small part because he fled from facing up to his crimes. John Landis should never have escaped prison and his negligence killed three people, two of which were kids. I work in corrections so I believe in the idea of getting a second chance after paying for your crimes. Salva served his time, and *for me* as long as he continues not to reoffend I'm willing to give the films he works on a chance.

But I'll never understand how Disney of all companies worked with the guy after he got out of prison.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This looks very average, visually speaking anyway.. I hadn't seen the last movie but JC2 is legit fun. The intro scene is one of my favourite intros.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
FYI Salva is not involved/will not benefit from this movie.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Last edited:

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I see this will have the three day showing in theaters but will it release on streaming soon? I'm wondering if it's worth seeing in theaters or waiting.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Salva created the Creeper and was the writer, he would have had to get paid still to basically sell off the character for this production at some point. Even if he's technically not involved, he almost certainly got paid

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Salva created the Creeper and was the writer, he would have had to get paid still to basically sell off the character for this production at some point. Even if he's technically not involved, he almost certainly got paid
Just because he wrote/directed the first film that doesn't mean he has any hold over it. Look at the gaming industry, how many games are owned by the publisher rather than the devs who created the IP?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Jeepers Creepers Reborn unfolds as the Horror Hound Festival holds its first ever event in Louisiana, where it attracts hundreds of geeks, freaks and die-hard horror fans from far and wide. Among them is fanboy Chase
Just the tick box of cliches in the quote above is enough to put me off.

EDIT: Hang on, the main actress is from *EastEnders?! Loooooooool, that's piqued my interest now!

*Of no interest to anyone outside the UK.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Just because he wrote/directed the first film that doesn't mean he has any hold over it. Look at the gaming industry, how many games are owned by the publisher rather than the devs who created the IP?

He owned the rights to the creeper and Jeepers Creeper. It's been known for a long time. He sold the rights to Zoetrope after problems with getting Jeepers Creepers 3 done and released. He couldn't get a US company to release it so he got a company in Canada involved until they found out and cut ties with him

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That trailer looks like about what this series deserves. Reminds me of a bad promotional video for a videogame by David Jaffe on a limited budget. It looks really bad, both visually and otherwise. And this is them trying to sell you on the thing. That's the best they could come up with based on what they have.

To eliminate the chance of the creep benefiting in any way, they should probably just not make anything related to this series that was always mediocre trash at best. Just make up your own thing? It doesn't look like using this IP even got them that much of a budget. Because it's a worthless trash IP. Just dump it and bury it and leave it there? I don't get it.