• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The whole 'haunted house / scare house is it real or not setup' has been done to death by now - and I've watched them all!

I'll watch with a beer no doubt at some point even if it is as bad as it seems

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Saw this in the theater on Monday. It was hands down the worst movie I have ever seen in the theaters. My partner and I were half tempted to walk out, but stayed just because of the ticket price.

Absolutely horrible.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
While I guess it's nice that the paedophile is no longer involved (?), the franchise is still his creation and speaks to pedophilic fantasies of hunting children. It's in the DNA of the thing.

There's no reclaiming this one. Just let it die.

Jul 2, 2021
giphy.gif

Apparently this movie is abysmal!
As expected. The trailer was bad. Man the first two movies were so damn good and then they ruined it with the awful third one.
And now this.
This sucks.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok just watched this because my partner and I wanted to watch something scary and this was the only thing showing we hadn't already seen.

It's not great. It's a decent popcorn flick if you go in with low expectations. It's better than the steaming pile of shit that was Jeepers Creepers 3. But it's really not very good.

The basic story is the main couple visit some horror festival before going to the house where the rest of the movie takes place and the creeper tries to kill them.

Before getting to the house there is some really weird cgi green screen backgrounds as they walk through the dark woods, there is some awful line delivery by some side characters who sound like they are reading directly from the script. We see the new creeper waking up out of its slumber and the effects in that scene aren't great.

BUT, once they make it to the house, it becomes a passable slasher flick. It's not particularly scary but there are a couple of jump scares. The main boyfriend is surprisingly fun to watch. For some reason the creeper likes to play the "jeepers creepers" song on an old record player.

It's ok. I would not recommend seeing it in theatres but I would say check it out once it hits streaming sites. it's a good popcorn flick if you turn off your brain, lower expectations, and can't get through the first part of the movie which is really bad. It's not great but there are a lot worse horror films out there. And I say this as someone who watches a lot of horror.

It's better than the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot

The whole 'haunted house / scare house is it real or not setup' has been done to death by now - and I've watched them all!

I'll watch with a beer no doubt at some point even if it is as bad as it seems
Luckily it doesn't actually do the scare house is it real or not thing. By the time they actually get to the house they know it's real.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The trailer looked awful. I'll probably get around to it at some point... but I'll keep my expectations through the floor when I do.

Jul 2, 2021
Lol, incredible. The 3rd was one of the worst movies i've seen in years
Same. I'm a huge fan of the first two. So I had to watch the third one even though I knew the controversies surrounding it.
It was so bad that I was angry all day after watching it. Lol. So I'm going to skip this one. This franchise is dead now. They ruined it.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was incredibly bad. One of the worst horror movies I have seen in ages. They butchered Creeper and made him a fucking doofus. Such a shitty movie.

Also what the fuck was that color grading? And the song at the end, like wtf was that shit?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I've always interpreted the creeper as being a bit more feral than going out of his way to play music before he gets a kill. Been a super long time since I saw the films though so may be misremembering since I can only remember the second one with the bus and the most sophisticated thing he did was like, the weird bone shuriken thing.
the creeper got a custom license plate so that means he's calm enough to go to the DMV to have one made

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Also what the fuck was that color grading? And the song at the end, like wtf was that shit?
It was laughably bad. When the opening was revealed to be a true life crime/documentary that the guy was watching on his phone, I at least figured, OK, phew, that's why everything felt so cheap, why the cheesy acting was dialled up to 10, why the lighting was flat, and why they did THAT with the colour grading. It was on purpose, you see! But no. That was not the reason.... at all.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
God this movie looked so cheap. It's like they tried to do "the volume" but with a room painted green

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
Can't in good conscience give this a watch if Salva's getting any money out of it.

That being said, the movie sounds awful, so I'm probably not missing much.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So many folks dumping on this, is everyone really paying to watch this shit? I'm sure the producers are banking still with how no effort this looked

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Got about an hour in and gave up. This is the cheapest looking movie I've seen in a long time. Like they just rounded up 15 goths and got them to mug for the camera in a camp ground.