• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JhOnNY_HD

Dec 13, 2020
Considering EA
I expect a new SimCity or peggle 3

In alternative reality with Mayor publishers listening the Fans the game will be Black remake

Oct 31, 2017
Not really related (MAYBE?) but on a side note I recently learned that Richard Garriott got in contact with EA to obtain permission to work on an Ultima kickstarter for a reboot/remake/remaster (the details are unclear and I'm not sure if even he was already set on a specific plan) by mid 2020.

After an initial opening where his EA contact said basically "Sure, let me handle this for you, I'll be back with the answer" the guy contacted Garriott once again and said "Nevermind, it seems like it can't be done because EA higher ups have plans on their own for the IP.

Now, this is EA we are talking about so it's probably just some mobile bullshit, but I'm just putting it out there as a curiosity on the sideline.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
You know what would make people happy?
FLOOD.

Syndicate hint is obviously just him messing around. The sequel made the IP irrelevant. That said I would really like a new proper Syndicate.

Dead Space hopefully

Kal Shintar

Dec 11, 2018
Not really related (MAYBE?) but on a side note I recently learned that Richard Garriott got in contact with EA to obtain permission to work on an Ultima kickstarter for a reboot/remake/remaster (the details are unclear and I'm not sure if even he was already set on a specific plan) by mid 2020.

After an initial opening where his EA contact said basically "Sure, let me handle this for you, I'll be back with the answer" the guy contacted Garriott once again and said "Nevermind, it seems like it can't be done because EA higher ups have plans on their own for the IP.

Now, this is EA we are talking about so it's probably just some mobile bullshit, but I'm just putting it out there as a curiosity on the sideline.
Ian S Frazier, the Creative Director of Star Wars Squadrons, is a massive Ultima Fan (a member of the Ultima Dragons, headed the Dungeon Siege Total conversion Ultima V:Lazurus) asked the group what they'd like in an Ultima 7 remake a couple of years ago.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Dare to dream!

Pinball_Construction_Set_Coverart.png

Pinball_Construction_Set_Title_Screenshot.png

Pinball_Construction_Set_Start_Screenshot.png

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Though the Syndicate tease is probably tongue in cheek, it would actually be a decent IP to bring back because you can go multiple directions with it.

Dead Space is already getting a legally-distinct spiritual sequel. I'd take another Mirror's Edge though

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Who knows, maybe they can deliver what CDPR can`t: a good Cyberpunk-game.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I am also a sicko and at this point would want a potential Syndicate to be a direct sequel to that Starbreeze FPS which was not only really fun but the real time hacking was a really innovative feature for a shooter.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
That "hint" from Jeff seems to be too obvious, so he may be trolling.

Anyway. Funnily enough, I beat Syndicate not long ago, and the game was okay. The aesthetic was really cool tho.

A new game would have to be something really good to catch my attention I think.

Jun 17, 2018
Syndicate as an immersive sim could be good.

Otherwise, give us a proper sequel to Dead Space 2. I need that third person survival space horror fix!!

Sep 7, 2020
I think this sounds like Dead Space is returning which is awesome for those waiting for another game, I could never get into the series. However, what I wouldn't do for a jade empire successor......

Oct 25, 2017
I would love Dead Space. The first two are some of my favorite games ever. Space horror is the best genre and if Motive is indeed working on that and doing it justice, this gen could be space horror heaven with The Callisto Protocol and to some extent Returnal and perhaps Playdead's new sci-fi game as well.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Yeah. I can't really think of any existing EA IP that would make me happy. Plenty of ones that could make me sad, though. Whatever it is I do hope Motive does a good job with it. I really enjoyed the time I spent with Squadrons.

What EA should try is taking some of those old IPs and letting smaller/indie studios have a shot at them. Kinda like the EA Originals program, but pointed at bringing back old classics instead of pushing new IP. You would naturally get a variety of styles in there and the risk would be smaller than trying to throw a AAA budget at a Road Rash revival for example.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The next C&C remaster/remake will likely be announced soon given the poll a while back, could be referring to that.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
If it's the same title I found info on last year its a not a single player game and its more than likely coming to switch (and mobile). Its a live service game of a " beloved and revered ip"

Aka its not Syndicate lol. He was trolling.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not a new / Remake of the Strike games or a new Road Rash what is even the point.

On a more realistic note, maybe it's SSX? It's decently popular.

Oct 28, 2017
If it is Syndicate then I hope it is a follow-up to the 2012 FPS. That game was fun and had a great multiplayer mode that I would love to see further expanded on.

Nov 8, 2017
My guess is Rogue Squadron. There's a movie coming out in 2023, Motive dropped Squadrons like a hot potato after launch despite selling fairly well for it's budget. EA was clear there wouldn't be much post launch before Squadrons even came out, so moving them to their next project asap was evidently a priority. It would be able to reuse most of the gameplay systems and even some of the assets, so a ~3 year dev cycle for such a similar followup should be possible for the studio and would explain the "rush" to get to the new project if they're attempting to coincide with that film. It's a popular game series in an established IP that people would be excited to see revived.

Last edited: