Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
It would be a bit strange to announce/release them so close together, especially with BOTW2 also on the way like you're saying.

Makes me wanna believe it's a duo pack 🤞🤞🤞
Whilst releasing them individually is a very Nintendo thing to do, I certainly agree that releasing them in such a manner with BOTW2 on the horizon would be messy.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope GC is never added to NSO, that would mean 4:3, no button mapping and basically playing the same games without any qol.

I'd much rather pay to have decent remasters/remakes to the games that matter.

It's not like you're going to get Button mapping beyond the system level option even if they do the whole remaster route.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i thought the switch is not strong enough to emulate gamecube? you can run gamecube games on hacked switches and they run....not well.

What third party hackers can do and what Nintendo can do are completely different ballgames. Mario sunshine, while only one example obviously, is emulated on the switch.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Are both the Zelda ports actually likely for this? Seems strange for Nintendo, given they could just release 1 and save the other for the downtime between BOTW2 and the next Zelda 🤔 This is the same company that released Skyward Sword HD for full price after all
No, I really don't think so honestly, and I really think it's better to have the expectation of them not being there. These games have rumored for years at this point, and have never shown up. Beyond that, why would Nintendo have waited so long to release these? Surely they could've done so before now? And why release them only a few months before BOTW 2? It doesn't really add up to me. As much as I'd love to believe otherwise, I don't think they're ever coming, honestly, and I think it's best to have that expectation going in.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
I think I'm reaching that stage with their current hardware where I can't get excited for anything released on it. I guess a metroid prime remaster shouldn't look or run too poorly.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Speaking for myself, I already own both on WiiU and don't want them. I'm happy for those who are interested. I'm also not really looking forward to metroid prime remake if I'm being honest. I want new games.

I still own both games but I don't have a Wii U anymore and now they're expensive so a Switch version would be welcomed to me.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking for myself, I already own both on WiiU and don't want them. I'm happy for those who are interested. I'm also not really looking forward to metroid prime remake if I'm being honest. I want new games.
same.gif

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like you're going to get Button mapping beyond the system level option even if they do the whole remaster route.

But with remasters you get button layouts that are fine tuned for that specific game, instead of a preset for all games that doesn't really work that great for any, like N64 NSO.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I hope GC is never added to NSO, that would mean 4:3, no button mapping and basically playing the same games without any qol.

I'd much rather pay to have decent remasters/remakes to the games that matter.
It won't be but mainly because storage is an issue. I think the only disc based platforms we might see on NSO are Mega CD and Turbo CD and then it's because audio can be compressed pretty easily to bring down file sizes.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm most intrigued by the hints at an F-Zero GX remaster. That game has looked next-gen for like four generations now, lol. They can up-rez it, upscale its FMV cutscenes, maybe add a new (lower) difficulty level that can be beaten by humans, some HD Rumble, and call it a day.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Metroid Prime is a given. Curious about the Zelda ports, though. Would be amazing!

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I'm most intrigued by the hints at an F-Zero GX remaster. That game has looked next-gen for like four generations now, lol. They can up-rez it, upscale its FMV cutscenes, maybe add a new (lower) difficulty level that can be beaten by humans, some HD Rumble, and call it a day.
Are we thinking its GX because of lowered expectations mentioned in the first rumor or is there anything else?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Are we thinking its GX because of lowered expectations mentioned in the first rumor or is there anything else?
As I understand it, NateDrake tweeted "From Zero to hero," and then some other insider tweeted something like "I know what you're thinking of," and it was in the context of a purported wave of GCN remasters and remakes.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
As I understand it, NateDrake tweeted "From Zero to hero," and then some other insider tweeted something like "I know what you're thinking of," and it was in the context of a purported wave of GCN remasters and remakes.
Got it. GX was the first thing on everybody's mind for a "new" f-zero game to not get too excited about.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Come on, Nintendo, 2023 has to be the year of DK. 2 New Games, the GBA DKC games for the NSO, and a DKC Returns 3D remaster for switch.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure they will. The GB library is terrible.

The GameCube library is hardly something to write home about.

Frankly, I'd say there are more notable titles on GB/GBC by far than GameCube.

It was fine at the time but it's library aged the most out of any Nintendo system

Nah, that's definitely the NES..Compare the Zelda games (links awakening), Pokémon to whatever jrpgs the NES had like the early final fantasys, or mario land 2 to the NES mario games.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the GB library aged horribly. Very, very few games worth playing still.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
They'll do GCN NSO on the next switch in a few years when they launch a third even more expensive tier. They'll sell remasters in the meantime for the handful of games that will sell well enough to warrant individual releases and then put the originals and everything else on NSO eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.