• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Talking about Metroid Prime 2 Remastered and Zelda:

View: https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxkh2PB56u2l1WGpXbZ4HjAb_iXK17_noq
Metroid Prime 2 Remastered probably is coming out relatively soonish, that is happening. That probably is happening relatively soonish, this next phrase, I'm afraid to say so I might not actually say it. Listen... I don't know what it means, I'm gonna tell you what they told me and if you take this and you spin it into something else everybody, it's on you. Okay, it's on you.

Something not related to Tears of the Kingdom is happening with Zelda later this year.

Talking more about Metroid Prime 2 Remastered and how it won't be on the level of Metroid Prime Remaster:

View: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxLsRf1i4Qt-2Yv0slvROxwO31oMcsC5UJ
It's gonna be mostly what people want, right. It's gonna have the modern controls and it's gonna be HD and things like that but it's not gonna get the love and care that Metroid Prime got, no.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Bringing back Link's Crossbow Training alright!

I would buy it in an INSTANT

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There's been rumors about the whole Prime trilogy getting the treatment since quite literally the birth of the Switch, so this is the least surprising thing ever.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Perhaps a new handheld style top down Zelda? Other than some franchises that haven't shown up for a while like F zero it's the only thing missing for the Switch.

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
Too vague to derive anything from this. He stood up for WW/TP HD rumors very explicitly in the past so this time it must be referring to something else (or he's too scared to get things wrong again).

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's been rumors about the whole Prime trilogy getting the treatment since quite literally the birth of the Switch, so this is the least surprising thing ever.
The more interesting detail, which is why I included it in OP, is that Metroid Prime 2 Remastered won't be on the level of Metroid Prime Remastered. I know some were hoping they would all get the same treatment but it sounds like they won't.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
The more interesting detail, which is why I included it in OP, is that Metroid Prime 2 Remastered won't be on the level of Metroid Prime Remastered. I know some were hoping they would all get the same treatment but it sounds like they won't.

The rumor was that MP2 and 3 are outsourced remakes with only the first being in-house, so it sounds about right.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
They can take a page from Sony and re-release Breath of the Wild + DLC + AMD Fidelity Fx and slap $70 price tag

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Prime 2 is a GOAT level game, so I wish it got the same care 1 did :( still exciting and will buy though. But for the love of god Nintendo, PLEASE show 4😭

As for Zelda, my mind says TP/WW but my heart says new 2D game (it's been 4 years since LA…)

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The rumor was that MP2 and 3 are outsourced remakes with only the first being in-house, so it sounds about right.
Yep Grubb mentioned similar earlier in the year and this was pretty much saying nothing has changed in that regard since and the game doesn't sound too far away. I know someone who has been hoping 2 and 3 are getting the 1 treatment so this should put an end to that. 🥹

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
If we go by how long the 'insiders' were telling us the MP1 thing was coming out any day now and when it actually released... I'll say "relatively soonish" for MP2 is probably a Switch 3 launch title.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Prime 2 soon fuck yes
I can't wait too see Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress again.

That Zelda news... dare I get hopeful for WW/TP HD

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If they're spacing out the Prime games by 6-7 months, then Prime 4 may very well be cross-gen.

As for Zelda, sounds like another 2D entry. Jeff probably would've been more explicit if it was WW/TPHD's long-rumored ports.

If we go by how long the 'insiders' were telling us the MP1 thing was coming out any day now and when it actually released... I'll say "relatively soonish" for MP2 is probably a Switch 3 launch title.
To be fair, Nintendo sat on a finished version of MP1 Remastered for years. So I wouldn't hold that against Jeff or the other insiders. Hell, FE Engage was finished on July 2021 & Nintendo waited until January 2023 to release it.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have long stood of the impression that Twilight Princess is a solid and fun 7/10 but ever since the manga concluded with a pretty big romantic moment a couple of years ago, I've oddly very badly wanted to revisit TP and have hoped badly that the long-rumored Switch release would reveal at one of Nintendo's presentations!

So here I am, hoping once again that it's coming up. It's seriously my least favorite 3D Zelda but also the one I want to replay the most right now. Strike while the iron is hot, Nintendo! (Please??)

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

We've had word of that for awhile from other insiders.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so sounds like Prime 2 is gonna be more of an upscale than the graphical rework Prime 1 was
This is just so weird. I don't get why they would put all this love on Prime 1 and then they shove Prime 2 on stage while the lights are bright and they knowingly haven't given it much treatment.

Deleted member 13274

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 2, 2023
I wonder if they'd actually remake both Oracle games or if they'd do something more in-line with A Link Between Worlds? (No idea how'd they do it)

Beyond that, open the Pikmin 1&2 Remaster-style floodgates. Port every great-good GameCube/Wii game there is.

OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We've had word of that for awhile from other insiders.
Yep as I mentioned above Grubb was one of them and this is the most recent word of that still being the case with the game seemingly not too far away. I also think Metroid Prime Remastered releasing had some forgetting that and hoping 2 and 3 would follow it.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Headline here is a bit misleading he says "probably" which means this is still speculation.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm into an HD Remaster of Prime 2

Couldn't care less about Zelda, honestly. TotK was too much game and Nintendo should give the series a well-earned sabbatical but won't because money

Status
Not open for further replies.