Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I'd like to replay MP2. It was my least favorite but want to see if things have changed.

Also, I no longer care about Zelda unless it is 2D now or they actually break back dungeons. Imagine if they released an Anthology of all the old 2D Zeldas in one package. They wouldn't but I'd like that.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately Prime 2 is a decent upgrade in visuals over the original Prime 1. So hopefully even with a fairly basic remaster it should look decent.

First thing that came to mind for Zelda is actually a movie announcement, but it's probably too early for that. So maybe a ALBW port or something. By this point I think they would just sit on TP and WW until Switch 2 for 4K updates of the Wii U versions.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
This is just so weird. I don't get why they would put all this love on Prime 1 and then they shove Prime 2 on stage while the lights are bright and they knowingly haven't given it much treatment.
Prime 2/3 don't have the same prestige as 1 unfortunately. Ultimately though I'm more than happy with a simple HD remaster if its done properly with the control options of MP:R

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
if there's one single asset they absolutely need to replace in Prime 2, it is Samus' suitless model from the ending. that model is nightmare fuel.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
if there's one single asset they absolutely need to replace in Prime 2, it is Samus' suitless model from the ending. that model is nightmare fuel.
Going from Prime 1 ending Samus to that was rough, lol. Almost felt like an intentional insult from Retro because Nintendo forced the "anime Samus" onto them.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Is this guy legitimate? I feel like most of what he says is conjecture and/or never comes to fruition. Maybe I'm crazy. I'm worried im going to be yelled at for saying this 😢

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I get wanting Prime 2 remaster like Prime 1, but honestly it's not really realistic for Retro to have remastered all three games and developed Prime 4 in the timeframe of the last few years. It's probably either get Prime 2 upresed or wait years for a proper Prime 2 remaster.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
They should just use the new model they made for Prime 1 remake

That whole sequence should be remade, with a Samus that looks like this. I agree.

Weirdest, most awkward part of the game: the look is like a freaky middle ground between Zero Mission and the more grounded Prime aesthetics. I don't think I've even seen a single positive impression of it, haha.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
They should just use the new model they made for Prime 1 remake
I'm not a fan of MP:R's samus design. It's neither true to the original nor does it fit the established look samus has. I also just don't like it as it is, her design is too basic in my eyes and it's a shame because she looks good in the concept art
beat-prime-remastered-on-hard-mode-and-unlocked-this-new-v0-l4mzslrbktha1.jpg

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of MP:R's samus design. It's neither true to the original nor does it fit the established look samus has. I also just don't like it as it is, her design is too basic in my eyes and it's a shame because she looks good in the concept art
beat-prime-remastered-on-hard-mode-and-unlocked-this-new-v0-l4mzslrbktha1.jpg
I'll take anything over the established look.

Great Martinez Jr.

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 2, 2021
Mexico
If Prime 2 is the shadow drop of the September Direct, then Prime 3 it's most likely releasing early next year with Prime 4 towards the end of 2024, and most likely as a cross gen game for Switch 2. I wasn't really expecting that, but it's completely plausible.

As to the Zelda thing, it sounds like it could be anything and not even necessarily a game. So I'm going to be creative and go against the remake/remaster predictions made by others already and predict they are announcing a Zelda themed expansion for Super Nintendo World, some special commemorative merchandise or some kind of DLC collaboration with a third party game.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
As to the Zelda thing, it sounds like it could be anything and not even necessarily a game. So I'm going to be creative and go against the remake/remaster predictions made by others already and predict they are announcing a Zelda themed expansion for Super Nintendo World, some special commemorative merchandise or some kind of DLC collaboration with a third party game.
What's the point of of bringing that up in the context of a gaming show though or talking to a gaming journalist. Seems kind of unusual like "hey there's some zelda toys coming out this year" to someone who is basically only talking about game related things.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Reeeeeeeeeeeally think that not doing MP2 like MP:R is a mistake. Gonna kill the hype for a lot of folks after how well done it was. It just makes no sense at all.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Reeeeeeeeeeeally think that not doing MP2 like MP:R is a mistake. Gonna kill the hype for a lot of folks after how well done it was. It just makes no sense at all.

It does make sense, but not necessarily in a satisfying way. The Prime 1 remake was an extensive Retro-led effort that took years. Every asset was painstakingly redone.

I would absolutely love to see Prime 2 Remastered done in the exact same way, it would be incredible, but that staff probably moved onto Prime 4 and the rumor was that the other Prime remasters would be outsourced. I'll take this over a Prime 2 treatment just not happening at all.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Where did the talk of the 2 remaster not being an upgrade come from? Didn't the rumors say retro specifically gave it to another studio to finish the upgrade since it was too much work? I can't imagine they would farm out a simple remaster.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Next gen TOTK port with new features, for both visuals (foliage density, resolution) and gameplay (despawning distance). Less limitations on building, world items etc. Mobile companion inventory management, cook recipes on your phone whilst not with your Switch. 😏

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it's toon Link trilogy aka the only good Zelda game series. Windwaker HD pretty much just need a port, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks would need a remaster. Would make a nice cap off --- no pun intended, to the recently released The Minish Cap.

Madao

Oct 26, 2017
Panama

if there's one that deserves to be blamed for this, it's Bandai Namco for fucking up the first version of Prime 4.

had they actually delivered, Retro would have done full remasters for the whole trilogy while 4 was being made at the same time.

because BN failed with their version of 4, Nintendo canceled that and rebooted the game at Retro in 2019 and at that point they were just getting started with Prime 1. they did finish that but way more slowly since they had to start tacking 4 too at the same time. 1 was finally done last year and then they outsourced 2 and 3 because they're now full hands with Prime 4.

part of this information came from the leak that turned out to be true about Prime 1 Remastered where they mentioned what kind of remaster it was and what was going to happen to 2 and 3 (they said it was up in the air if 2 and 3 would get a full remaster or just an upres at that point). i'm pretty sure nintendo opted for simple upressing them because those games only sold combined as much as 1 and haven't really gained much of a classic status such as 1 did in the last decades (just see how often they're included in best games lists of past gens vs the first prime or how often they come up in best of Metroid lists)

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Is this guy legitimate? I feel like most of what he says is conjecture and/or never comes to fruition. Maybe I'm crazy. I'm worried im going to be yelled at for saying this 😢

he was completely right about the first prime remaster, just got the timing slightly wrong.
hes usually not too far off the mark

Madao

Oct 26, 2017
Panama
now the real question is, how much they'll charge for 2 and later 3 if the work done on them is less?

will these be released at $20 or $30? releasing them at $40 individually is going to look pretty bad next to 1 in this state.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Well, that would be kind of ... lame... unless it looks vastly different.
Otherwise there is no reason not to just play it on Steam Deck (besides all the gray area stuff).

A used copy of the main game costs 50$, so if you want to source an original ISO of the game it'll probably be notably more expensive than just buying this. You can debate the ethics of buying vs pirating a 20 year old game, but projects that make older games available to officially acquire through legitimate methods aren't really targeted towards people who just pirate older games.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
A used copy of the main game costs 50$, so if you want to source an original ISO of the game it'll probably be notably more expensive than just buying this. You can debate the ethics of buying vs pirating a 20 year old game, but projects that make older games available to officially acquire through legitimate methods aren't really targeted towards people who just pirate older games.

I actually have the Wii version lying around because I found it for around 20 Euros about ... 10 years ago.
I still bought it digitally on WiiU though.

I don't own both consoles anymore so the Metroid Prime Remaster was veeeery welcome. :)

But yes, you're right. Buying the remaster would be cheaper and, frankly speaking, morally right.
And I am not a big fan of Emulation.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I just want an all-new 2D gameplay Zelda that isn't tied to an existing game, isn't a remake or remaster, doesn't have a weird control scheme, and isn't multiplayer-focused. Is that so much to ask?

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
It's still disappointing hearing that MP2 and 3 won't have the same level of effort and budget behind as with MPR, but I'll buy them both at D1 obv
"soonish" is still so unprecise though; if it gets shadow-dropped at the September direct as I believe, that's way sooner than "soonish"

Status
Not open for further replies.