TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Jeff Grubb forum

image.png

Jeff Grubb announces he will have burger and fries for his dinner.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It won't be. They will have a separate event like amonth before it comes out like before. Unless this console is actually launching in July, there is zero reason for them to announce something that far in advance.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
SP hasn't made a Sly Cooper game in 20 years. They've long since moved on from the franchise to the point that I don't think they could make a new entry even if they wanted to.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
It'll be officially revealed a month or two before launch but announce could be sooner. PS4 upgrade was mentioned in June 2016.

www.ign.com

PS4 Neo Confirmed, Won't Be at E3 - IGN

Sony Interactive president Andrew House has confirmed the existence of the heavily-rumoured upgraded PS4.

I think they still do the slim schedule which was to only talk about it the month before release.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
There's the chance it comes out later Summer and not Fall. Didn't the 360 slim have a summer release?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
studios have "lied" before. Jaffe insisted there was no twisted metal up until they announced it.

OP
OP
Pingal Pratyush
Dec 11, 2017
India
Dragon Age Dreadwolf "will be [shown] at the Summer Game Fest or around that time", Jeff said. "[It] still sounds like that game is coming out later this year."

"They're pretty pleased with how it turned out," Jeff said. "The plan is to launch that this calendar year. So, not EA's fiscal year, not before March 2025 or anything like that."

He mentions how everyone seems really happy with the game.

He further mentioned a short timeframe between the game getting announced and players being able to actually play it. He said, "I don't think you're going to have to wait too long after this thing gets announced to play, but we'll see."

youtu.be

Perfect Dark and Summer Game Mess update

Some people working on Perfect Dark think the game looks rough, but just as many (if not more) are happy with the progress on the game. And it should even sh...

(I swear this is the last thread from Jeff's video. Sorry)

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
pls can we have a function to auto ignore any thread with Grubb in the title cos I'm bored of scrolling past these endless pointless threads

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
There's the chance it comes out later Summer and not Fall. Didn't the 360 slim have a summer release?

Sure it could but Henderson said it was the fall and he has been correct every step of the way. He is the main leaker of the Pro, so if we are going to believe everything else he has said, no reason to disbelieve him on the release window.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am all for an Bioware W.

If they are sucessful thats only good for me and everyone else who likes RPGs.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I would absolutely love this, I'm not sure I see it happening. Though it would be wild to see what modern SP could do with the franchise.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Unless the game is coming out in like 2027, it isn't that long. They updated the game with free content, did the expansion, got through covid, and aren't a huge team to begin with. I imagine they are also fleshing out the sequel a bit more, having a more robust online.

So yeah, I don't think the time they are taking is that crazy. Certainly not enough to have another game in the works.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say the most noteworthy thing he said about Dragon Age Dreadwolf is that everyone is happy with how it turned out, which is certainly a relief.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
In this timeline GOT2 would be taking longer because it's a GAAS MP title now.

He further mentioned a short timeframe between the game getting announced and players being able to actually play it. He said, "I don't think you're going to have to wait too long after this thing gets announced to play, but we'll see."
The game was announced years ago though.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with others, with the scope of modern AAA and how big Ghost of Tsushima already was (with the pressure to make a bigger sequel) it's safe to assume Sucker Punch is all hands on deck with the sequel. I don't really care for Sly but I think Infamous is a franchise worthy of more games

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I can't see it. If Sly comes back, and that's a big if, it'll be by a different studio.

Also, is Ghost 2 even taking that long? Games take forever now. Even safe, iterative sequels.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I'm here for the dark and gritty Sly Cooper remake where he has to steal to get himself out of debt due to his gambling addiction - also his daughter died

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
SP is not dumb to dedicate resources to an old IP, I'm betting it's a new IP. GoT and a successful new IP should give them security for more than a decade.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What is this? He doesn't know whether it will be a PS showcase or State of Play and its exact date yet he tells us to expect a PS5 Pro reveal during it?

Oct 27, 2017
I could see Pro reveal this month but no price to gauge people's reactions. I dream they'd go $499 and price cut slim to anything less (maybe the reason for digital price hike to 449 only to "cut" to 399 like iPad 10th gen launching 449 only to cut to 349 this week)

I would love a new Sly from SP, or just anything out of left field. Like their HIfi Rush type game (not rhythm necessarily) but just a style you don't expect to see from them and of course GoT2 someday

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Do you know what this means? If PS5 Pro is revealed this month, it means it may release in June or at best in July which I really doubt ibn both cases (reveal date and release).

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think GoT2 is necessarily taking longer in terms of development as 4-5 years seems to be norm these days, but I do think it's taking them longer to announce the game.

I think a lot of us expected to see GoT2's announcement in Sony's last showcase.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Lol there's no way they're making a new Sly unless it's a realistic reboot about a sad racoon.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a new Sly, it was always my favourite of the PS2 platformers, but I'd fall off my chair if a new one exists. inFamous coming back would also be awesome.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
said it once will say again grubb has good american sources but his sources when it comes to anything japanese ie.e cpacom square has no clue,.