ket

Jul 27, 2018
Does no one read the OP? He says he's speculating about a new sly game and hopes that it happens. He's not saying he heard anything and the new sly rumor got denied by SP nearly 2 years ago.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Classic "might", "could" & "sounds like".
The speculation on Sucker Punch working on more than GoT sequel sounds straight out of his ass/based on absolutely nothing and of course he namedrops Sly Cooper to get this picked up by Era and Reddit.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Has anyone actually played Sly 3? Given the themes and the artistic intent behind it, they would not touch Sly ever again.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Has anyone actually played Sly 3? Given the themes and the artistic intent behind it, they would not touch Sly ever again.
Sony let sly 4 happen tho and that ended on a big cliffhanger that was supposed to be resolved by sly 4 dlc iirc:

"In December 2019, Sanzaru creative director Matt Kramer, who served as designer on Thieves in Time, revealed on the YouTubechannel Kinda Funny Games Daily that the Ancient Egypt chapter teased in the secret ending was intended to be downloadable content; development was complete, but Sony canceled the plans.[46]"

from here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sly_Cooper:_Thieves_in_Time

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Does no one read the OP? He says he's speculating about a new sly game and hopes that it happens. He's not saying he heard anything and the new sly rumor got denied by SP nearly 2 years ago.
That would require this forum have any sort of critical thinking or reading comprehension which I fear may not be most people's strong suit on this website

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Sony let sly 4 happen tho and that ended on a big cliffhanger that was supposed to be resolved by sly 4 dlc iirc:

"In December 2019, Sanzaru creative director Matt Kramer, who served as designer on Thieves in Time, revealed on the YouTubechannel Kinda Funny Games Daily that the Ancient Egypt chapter teased in the secret ending was intended to be downloadable content; development was complete, but Sony canceled the plans.[46]"

from here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sly_Cooper:_Thieves_in_Time
Sure but my point is that Sucker Punch specifically wouldn't be involved

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt they'll announce the Pro in May if the launch is still planned for October/November. Way too much lead time, it could have an impact on both hardware and software sales over the summer and we all know how super important it is that line keeps going up.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Would be weird if SP themselves handled a new SC game so maybe it would be a newly spun-off secondary team that's still considered "Sucker Punch". Like how other Sony studios have secondary studios located in other places and add the location moniker to the name. Doesn't necessarily give me any hope for the game being good unless some of the "original" devs of the first trilogy were involved directly and not in supervisor roles. We shall see though.

I'd actually believe inFamous is coming back though over Sly. It already shares most of the modern open world DNA that SP has moved onto and would be a much easier sell tbh. It's weird though that he's saying this secondary "thing" is somehow making GoT2 take longer? If it were a separate team why would it affect Ghost?

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
As someone who hated Tsushima, a new Sly would be a nice surprise. That and also a full Astro game. PlayStation needs more of these games that aren't just about killing.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
damn ill be down for a light, small sly game. doesnt need to be a graphics marvel like insomniac's ratchet and clank etc.
stick to a certain art style and keep it simple, so it doesnt need to sell 10million to keep the franchise alive.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just double-checked with two people who would know, and both shot down any notion of Sucker Punch having a second project. It's a one-project studio. It's also much smaller than most other AAA studios.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Just double-checked with two people who would know, and both shot down any notion of Sucker Punch having a second project. It's a one-project studio. It's also much smaller than most other AAA studios.

Thanks for actually doing a little reporting. I'm getting so tired of the inexactitude here.

Edit: Yes, that's an All The Presidents Men reference, haha, watched it last night.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they are. Sucker Punch is so wasted on making an Assassin's Creed clone but Japan. Infamous 2 was so good.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
Big doubt for sly, but I'm def thinking when they show off the ps5 pro it's gonna show big games too show off the power of it

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Jason Schreier swoops in with the shutdown. Obvious since Insomniac said themselves that they had 0 plans for Sly and 2 years is not long enough to change their strategy and affect development of Ghost 2.

I also don't expect Pro. They did not announce PS4 Pro at a games showcase like he mentions in the video. It got announced at a separate hardware showcase closer to when it released so that is what I expect to happen for the PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Dude doesn't even have a good track record either. I don't get it.
Me either. I'm so confused as to why he is thread worthy every time he eats toast.

They should make an OT thread for him and keep all his guesses bottled up because it gets messy and he throws shit at a wall to see what sticks.

I could guess this trash.
And he's wrong again. Don't know why he keeps getting threads.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh, I still want them to release Prophecy game. It had some kind of potential: steampunk samurai game which was a mix of Infamous and Ghost Of Tsushima but ended being the latter.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
And sony will release a new gen console after PS5 pro too. You heard it here first folks

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
"I think we can probably expect to see news about the PS5 Pro now. They've done that sort of a mid-gen refresh in a Showcase before if I'm remembering correctly. I think that's how they did the [announcement for] PS4 Pro."

^ Grubb is a bit mistaken with this. There was a psychical PlayStation Meeting in NYC, but it was held a month before PS4 Pro entered sale.

I don't expect Sony presenting this console model this summer. We'll most likely only get a mention in a financial report/Q&A.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Me either. I'm so confused as to why he is thread worthy every time he eats toast.

They should make an OT thread for him and keep all his guesses bottled up because it gets messy and he throws shit at a wall to see what sticks.

I could guess this trash.
And he's wrong again. Don't know why he keeps getting threads.

He was literally speculating and hoping regarding Sly. Its the first lines of this thread. But somehow people read that as "Sly is in dev".

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Why is Jeff Grubb still considered credible? I know leading into launch of these consoles (Series/PS5) he seemed credible... but since then (or at least the past few years), it just seems like he'll state a rumor that is kind of obvious....... or speculate something that's drastically wrong, but seems juicy.

Like this PS5 Pro announcement, I'm almost willing to make a bet that he's wrong here.

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
Please Sony, I all I ask for is Mark Cerny explaining the new hardware with his luxurious voice.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Please Sony, I all I ask for is Mark Cerny explaining the new hardware with his luxurious voice.
148d.gif

Drachen

May 3, 2021
As an RPG slut and former BioWare diehard, if Dreadwolf isn't good after waiting so long I think I'll literally die