• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine a Mandalorian game by the Coalition.

b41d91213f643b0cea497ec38f2a4f01.gif
Wow man, it's a perfect fit.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I don't really believe much of what Jeff says, seems to have far more misses than hits.

That being said, these rumours definitely sound plausible (apart from SW which is a bit of a strange one for me). The Coalition is Microsoft's best studio (alongside Playground maybe) so if they're fixing up Halo Infinite it might end up in better shape than some are expecting.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You mean like the free campaign that released months ago?

"Free" with game pass ultimate

Also they have been drip feeding content since that operation, they have tons of skins finished from last year that they havent bothered releasing on the store, and they are reusing maps of gears 4. Also they stopped bothering with Escape

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really believe much of what Jeff says, seems to have far more misses than hits.

That being said, these rumours definitely sound plausible (apart from SW which is a bit of a strange one for me). The Coalition is Microsoft's best studio (alongside Playground maybe) so if they're fixing up Halo Infinite it might end up in better shape than some are expecting.

It's not "fixing". It's a global pandemic and most are working remotely. They need all the help they can get.

AAA gaming is all outsourcing, might as well work with an internal studio.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Gears let's us live with our choice at the end of the previous game. Yall know which one had to go lol.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I mean, a Star Wars game from them would be dope, but I'd also love to see them make something totally new. Coalition is underrated as hell IMO

Jul 26, 2018
The Halo thing isnt that crazy. They already helped like many studios even before the delay
The important piece for me is that the coalition involvement in Halo seems to be major. They might be working hard to pump up those graphics, they're known for a great looking game and that was the main criticism that Halo got when shown last year. Of course there's only so much they can do in a year at the very end of the production stage.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its atm

Playground
Coalition

remember studio size isnt only devs offcourse. For example 343 has alot of people for Halo in general as a franchise.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they're doing something spiritually akin to 1313. Feels like it would fit.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The important piece for me is that the coalition involvement in Halo seems to be major. They might be working hard to pump up those graphics, they're known for a great looking game and that was the main criticism that Halo got when shown last year. Of course there's only so much they can do in a year at the very end of the production stage.
I imagine it's more likely to be art and assets, rather than tech.

OP
OP
JINX

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
the coalition have ~400 devs, they are among the largest studios at xbox
1. 343 (750)
2. Mojang (600)
3. BGS (420)
4. ZOS (410)
5. Playground (scaling up to 400)
6. Coalition (350)

I didn't say they weren't among the largest studios at Xbox, I was just answering a question.

Last edited:

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should put out Gears 6 ASAP so they can finally move on to something else.
I'm really cool with them doing something different before coming back to Gears 6. I don't need a cliffhanger resolved more than I need an energised dev team with fresh ideas and experience building the next chapter.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Glad they're on more than just Gears. I love Gears to bits but after 6, I think the series can go dormant for a while and see how people are feeling after a few years off in terms of making any more.

I do wonder what their exact role is on Halo, kinda neat that Infinite seems ramped up to a multi-studio project, and kind of reminds me of how Call of Duty has been approached in the recent past. Don't want that to become habitual, mind you, but still neat to hear a lot being dedicated to it.

And of course, Star Wars from a studio that can crank out polished games is always promising to my ears!

Makes me genuinely excited to see what else ends up in The Coalition pipeline after Gears and Halo are cleared, but I understand that's probably years out from being announced.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
If they got two full teams, there is no way Gears 7 isn't happening. I suspect one team will be Gears and the other team working on whatever they plan to work on.

*sigh* this is what I don't want. If you're gonna bring back Gears after 6, do a massive God of War-style refresh with the appropriate break in between games like SSM had too.

I mean if there's a large contingent of the Coalition who absolutely wants to keep pumping out Gears games, more power to them. But if this is some Microsoft-pushed thing, I'd be disappointed.

I'm really cool with them doing something different before coming back to Gears 6. I don't need a cliffhanger resolved more than I need an energised dev team with fresh ideas and experience building the next chapter.

I'd be okay with this too instead of getting more of the same. Gears 5 is, whether people want to admit it or not, mostly more of the same with some extras. Them taking a break and coming back with big fresh ideas (not just making barren open areas) to round out the trilogy would be great. Go out with a bang.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Well damn. Next thing we know, 343 will be making something that isn't Halo
The next thing 343 should do is ask themselves what they have been doing with Halo Infinite. Don't get me wrong, the game can turn out the be great and I hope it does. But I still think the game shouldn't have been in the state it was in last year close to the initial launch.
What's a bad batch game?
Bad batch is a clone squad iirc and there is a series on Disney+ starting today.

Edit: https://www.starwars.com/news/who-are-the-bad-batch

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I've always maintained that their name doesn't prevent them from working on other IPs. "The Coalition" is only a reference because we know it's a reference. It's not as if they're named The Coalition of Ordered Game developers.

They should put out Gears 6 ASAP so they can finally move on to something else.
I disagree. They should finish off the Swarm arc with a bang and build the "last" Gears with longevity in mind. IE great campaign, impressive UE5 graphics and a ridiculously robust multiplayer.

Of course, there's always the possibility that they want to make Gears 7.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The next thing 343 should do is ask themselves what they have been doing with Halo Infinite. Don't get me wrong, the game can turn out the be great and I hope it does. But I still think the game shouldn't have been in the state it was in last year close to the initial launch.
Honestly, yeah. Like... How on earth does 500 million USD go into just one game, let alone a Halo game?

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cool as long as they have a non Gears project in the work, be it new ip or Star Wars. Gears should continue but adding this allows them to do new things and retain key talent.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020
I still believe they are making the Mandalorian game, it makes sooooo much sense. Their one of the better Xbox developers. Give them a break from gears.

MavFan619

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Would like to see a good team on a Star War. Not too sure who Coalition are but the context clues tell me a Gears of War team so can't say I see the fit but either way I think a Star Wars game not made by EA would feel refreshing in 6 years.